IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I feel the exact same for Tuesday! This whole journey is like a roller coaster ride. I couldn't bare to have it all taken away from us and as much as I know nothing is guaranteed I am trying to remain positive

I'm still feeling rough after the egg retrieval you know.. Just feel sore inside and icky.

How are you getting on with the pessaries? I'm finding them easier than I thought!

Xx

It takes a few days to pass Tina I'm even more glad for a 5 day transfer now as I'm not sure how comfortable it would have been at day 3. Hope your feeling a bit better now.

Yeh no problems with the pesseries I also thought they were going to be worse aswell but they have been fine.

I'm so nervous and excited for tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes and how many (if any) we manage to freeze :) xx

Sending you so much luck!!! I can only imagine how excited you must be feeling tonight, tomorrow you'll be pregnant until proven otherwise!!

I'm still feeling rough today :( funny that you should say that you couldn't imagine going through embryo transfer on day 3 because I don't think I could either. I'm still super sore and exhausted.

Just hope I don't get that phone call tomorrow and my embryos last until day 5

What time is your transfer Hun?

Xxx

Thank you yeh I'm really excited! I'm keen to know how the embryos have developed and how good they are looking!

Yeh it's taken me a good few days to feel back to normal. I'm still bloated but I guess my ovaries are still a bit large and the pesseries don't help I don't think ha! Im so happy we made it to day 5 I can't tell you :)

They know what's best anyway even if it does end up a 3 day for you. I'm sure those little embryos are doing well!

We have to be there for 11.30 tomorrow. Pineapple core is supposed to be really good for implantation so I've got a whole pineapple to eat now just a bit a day is enough xx

Hi ladies so I now have a little embryo on board!! Can't quiet believe it xx

Yey!! Congratulations on being PUPO!!!

Did you get any to freeze? How did it all go?

I've been babysitting my 18 month old cousin all day so I've not had a minute to get online to find out how you got on

No phone calls for me today so I'm guessing we are going to be transferring a blastocyst too!

Xxx

Thank you :)

Yes so out of 7 of them 1 was transferred, 1 didn't develop very well, 2 frozen and the other 3 look good enough to freeze but need another day or so first so they are keeping there eye on them.

It was all fine and a bit emotional when you saw it on screen. It doesn't hurt at all you don't feel a thing - well I didn't anyway. It's all a bit surreal tbh!

Glad you've made it to day 5 too! Xx

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay huge congrats on being pupo!! Here's to a nice easy 2ww and 2 lovely pink lines at the end of it!!!
Snuggle In embaby!
Xxx

Thanks Nici it's very surreal! I'm eating some pineapple including the core every day and going to get some Brazil nuts too.

Hopefully we have a sticky embryo :)

Any tips or did you do anything during your 2ww? Xx

Sorry to but in but I think it's just the core u eat
Something About the pineapple flesh causing contracting so can stop the embie implanting. X

I've just done some research on eating pineapple after an embryo transfer and it doesn't say anything about not eating the fleshy part so I'd continue doing exactly what you're doing Vicky. Although it does say to stop eating it once you get a positive. Hope it brings you all the luck in the world!

The Right Way to Eat Pineapple for Implantation Support

It may sound like a fine line to walk, but a little bit of information can go a long way when it comes to understanding how to use pineapples in your favor. First, make a point of staying away from this tasty fruit in the weeks prior to ovulation. The acidity can actually backfire against fertility at that point, causing your cervical mucus to become inhospitable to traveling sperm. It is also suggested that you avoid ingesting bromelain once you have a positive pregnancy test. According to licensed acupuncturist Heather Pentland, at the New Leaf Healing clinic, ingesting large amounts of bromelain may cause mild contractions and slight thinning of blood which may not be supportive for implantation in very early pregnancy.

That gives you an approximately 10-14 day window when eating pineapple could do you a world of good.

To achieve the best results, you should:

1. Purchase a ripe pineapple. Organic is always best.
2. Use a knife to remove the pineapples exterior.
3. Cut through the middle of the pineapple, from top to bottom, leaving halves to work with.
4. From each half, slice six to eight equally sized wedges.
5. After confirmed ovulation (or an embryo transfer, in the case of In-Vitro Fertilization), begin consuming one to two slices of pineapple each day.

1 day to transfer to go girls!! Then I can join you on being PUPO Vicky.

Good to hear that it wasn't painful, I'm finally starting to feel a bit better now after the egg retrieval. Pains are almost gone and I feel more myself again now :D

Did you get a picture of your embryo?

xx

Unless the pineapple flesh thing is if you eat too much? As I know too much is not good for you?

I've done exactly as the above Tina so having 1-2 of the slices a day. At the end of the day if the little embryo is going to implant then it will. I think I've had that many negative results I'm kind of it expecting it to be negative in a way as I've never had a positive. Trying to remain positive though as there is technically nothing wrong with me. Fingers crossed for a sticky emby :)

What time is your appointment tomorrow? It's so emotional seeing it on screen. No they don't give you a picture but at least you can see it beforehand xx

Yeah it does say if you eat it at the wrong times then it isn't good but you're eating it at the right time so I think it'll do you the world of good.

My appointment is a late one at 2.45pm so I am going to go into work as I do 6-2s and then go straight to the womens. I am taking Wednesday-Friday off work to relax and my mum is gonna have Evie for me for a few nights as she can be a handful! I want to remain calm and ensure I do everything I can for this LO to implant.

Have you taken any time off?

xx

I think everything in moderation, especially fruit is good for you.

At least you didn't have to take tomorrow off then so that's good. No I'm back to work today as I feel fine and I know they say to carry as normal (just to be careful) I'm office based too. Oh at least you will have a few days off then if your mum is helping you out too.

I feel a bit emotional today xx

Sending you big hugs, you're bound to be feeling all emotional. No doubt I will be the same tomorrow, we can both have a little cry together haha

I am going to try and carry on as normal but I don't think stress is a good factor to take on board and stress definitely happens every night in my house when you have a LO who insists on NOT listening to a word you say.

It'll be nice actually to relax for a couple of days.

What are you doing about testing? Are you waiting for your BETA or have you bought some tests?

xx

It's awful feeling negative today I'm sure it's just my body calming down after stimming and all the pesseries too!

Yeh going to take it easy but try and carry on as usual. Oh really haha she sounds like she keeps you on your toes anyway!

They will give you a test day mine is the 24th they tell you to take clear blu one at home and then to ring up with the result. If positive they book you in for a scan in 3 weeks time, if it's negative I'm guessing they will arrange a consultation xx

Oh yes she certainly keeps me on my toes! We've just had a screaming fit because she doesn't want to do homework. I've sent her to her room and she's currently up there crying and calming down. Annnnnd breathe!

It's taken 6 days but I've finally got a negative pregnancy test following the trigger shot! Good to know that all the HCG is out of my system now :)

The 24th will be here in no time! 10 days and counting eeek xx

Haha I don't know what I've let myself in for do I!!! Aww bless her.

Ahh ok so if it's out of your system it should be out of mine by now then as I'm a few days ahead of you. Trying not to think about testing as next Thursday seems such a long way away!

Good luck for tomorrow anyway I'm sure you'll have a good few to freeze and like I said it doesn't hurt at all so you'll be fine. Keep me posted :) xx

I will indeed keep you posted! You'll be the first to know... Well apart from my mum haha!

Being a mum is tough, I won't lie it's no walk in the park but the number of good times completely outweighs the bad times. I hope you get to experience it and if there's any justice in the world you will!! Very soon indeed

Have you suffered with heartburn/cramp at all? For 24 hours now I've had constant heartburn and cramps in my feet on and off. Don't know whether it's one of the meds that's causing it?

Xx

Good luck today hun!

No didn't suffer with heartburn or cramps but it might just be the meds. Keep drinking plenty of water.

I feel lousy today, not stopping blowing my nose and sneezing. I need my bed!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->