IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Appointment is at 5pm so will let you know what he says and the outcome of a test if he does one xx

He signed me off for two weeks, doubt I'll take the whole time off but least I can relax a bit! He didn't do a test so will wait for Thursday now.

How are you doing? Xx

A week tomorrow until the big day, sure will go by quick, I'm working everyday except Thursday till then! I've somehow gotta clean/tidy the house and pack too. Don't think Thursday will be much of a day off 😂
Glad you've been signed off for a bit Vicky, what did the doctor say to you?
Praying af stays away for you both! Xx

Hey Es89,
Just read your bio, so sorry to see that u have been ttc for so long! :(
Was it the meds that caused the cysts or have they always been there? Sorry to pry but was thinking If they removed them then a natural preg cud be possible?
Xxx

Hi nici
Thanks for the message! It has been a long journey, praying the waiting is coming to an end very soon!
I suffered with bad periods in my teens n discovered I had them then but obviously the last thing on my mind at that age was getting pregnant so I went on the pill. I only came off it when we decided to ttc. On my scan before I went on clomid I had bleeding on my ovary which they now believed to be a cyst that had ruptured. They are pretty sure they are linked to endometriosis now. I'm pretty sure the clomid didn't help my situation lol. Yer I've thought the same to be honest. Just seems so unlikely to happen naturally after all these years. What was your story before your ivf? X

Hey,
Awwww well I have everything and more crossed for u! Have u had a lap and dye too??
We were unexplained which I kinda think is a cruel diagnosis. My partner has a son from a previous relationship so I thought it was all me but it turns out that his sperm is just 'ok' and my eggs are pretty crap. Dr Kingsland said that there was no real reason we weren't getting preg but it Wud prob take us about 3-4 years where a 'normal' couple wud take about 3 months.
We were on clomid for 6 months before starting ivf.
No one gets infertility at all unless u have lived, breathed and walked down that path! It's a V sad lonely place and these forums I found really help!!
Xxxx

ES - so sorry to hear about all the shit that you've been through, I can only wish you good luck going forward and I hope and pray that this little surgery is the thing that you need to get that positive.

Nici - How many times did you go through IVF before you got a positive? You are so right about nobody understanding. I've been on the phone so many times to my mum telling her how hurt I feel and she says "I know how you're feeling, I know it hurts" As much as I adore this woman and understand that she is only trying to make me feel better she will never understand how I really feel.

Not good news from me this morning girls... I took a first response last night at 7DPT and it was stark white negative. I am still spotting, this will be the 3rd day now and although it is still brown I know in my heart that it's my period trying to arrive.
I have no other symptoms, apart from sore boobs but I think that's because of the progesterone. I've been pregnant twice before so I know how my body feels when it is and I don't feel that way at all.
I just feel heartbroken, I can't even begin to describe it. Why hasn't this worked? There was no reason for it not to. The embryo was good quality, I'm young, I've been pregnant before.. I can't get my head around it.

We've decided to give it until Saturday and if I still haven't got a positive then I am going to stop the suppositories and allow my period to arrive.

We've only got 1 frozen embryo and to be honest I think I need a couple of months break before we even think about transferring it. I need to give my body and mind time to heal.

I need the biggest hug right now :(

xxx

Oh Tina I am so so so sorry!! U could still have a late implanter! I wouldn't give up just yet! ! Sending u a big huge virtual hug!!!
If it is the news that we don't want to hear then defo give yourself time. Enjoy life and ur family before u embark on it all again. I leapt straight into round 2 and even tho my body was ready my mind wasn't and i felt quite unstable during that round.
Fet are easier to go thru tho than a fresh round.
I had 2 fresh rounds then had a positive on my 3rd fresh round. From that go we managed to get 2 frozen embabies with only one surviving the thaw and Were extremely lucky for that also to take!
Xxx

Sorry to hear that Tina but you never know still. I understand what you mean about knowing its af as I knew it hadn't worked for us I just knew it. I took a test this morning and it was a bfn, feeling better than I thought I would. Will ring the hospital later to see what's next.

Your right Nici until someone has been through IVF they will never understand it's been much harder than I first thought especially for it not to work. As I keep reminding myself it's not 100% success rate xx

Vicky, so sorry to hear about the BFN :( I had such positive vibes about both of us but I guess this round just wasn't meant to be. How many frozen embryos did you end up with? I received a letter yesterday saying we only have 1 which is a scary thought.

My official test date is Saturday so I think if I call the hospital before then they will just ask me to call back on my official test day.

Do you have any concerns about this round that you would bring up with the consultant if you do it again?

There's so many things I was unhappy with:-

1.The consultant prescribed 3 merional and the nurse who did my baseline lowered it to 2 because I had 20+ follicles. Although we had lots of follicles many didn't respond well to the stims. I think if we had stayed on 3 as initially prescribed we would've got more eggs and hopefully more frozen embryos.

2.Embryo transfer was a shambles! They were already aware that my womb was tilted yet asked me to go in with a full bladder. The doctor who did the transfer couldn't get to my womb because of my bladder so the embryo (which had already been taken out of the incubator) had to be put back in and I had to go and empty my bladder. I couldn't relax afterwards because I was concerned that the moving of the embryo would danger it in some way therefore I feel like the whole transfer was just a mess! I should have been asked to go in with an empty bladder!

3. I didn't like the way that transfer was done without ultrasound guidance. It's okay the doctor saying that she knows where she is putting the catheter but that doesn't put my mind at rest! Especially since there was so much drama getting it in there. How can she be 100% sure? I am thinking of asking next time it's done because it's our final embryo can we use ultrasound too.

Yeh I was very excited to begin with and I don't know I just knew myself it hadn't worked. We also got a letter yesterday, three made it to frozen so I guess it's good we won't have to start from scratch all over again. I must say I do feel lucky as Warrington CCG only used to give you 1 go at IVF and they upped in to 3 in April this year so after this failed cycle I'm glad it's not completely over.

Someone from Liverpool is ringing me back to let me know the next steps. I think we have to wait three months though. My official test day was tomorrow but she didn't say anything when I rang before.

I must say my experience was quiet smooth and have no complaints really. I know you did have some bad experiences with them but they are very good overall. I did wonder after transfer of it was placed back ok and correctly so I guess the ultrasound is better at least you can actually see it.

Will let you know what they say when they call back soon xx

You didn't pay for your treatment did you vicky with it being your first child or am I mistaken?

For us we've paid almost 6 grand and then if we use our frozen embryo it'll be another grand so all in all almost 7 grand with nothing guarenteed at the end of it.

I am happy to wait for a few months I think, I don't think I could go through that disappointment again straight away.

xx

No we didn't pay as we don't have any children between us. It's a lot of money isn't it, it's a shame they won't let you have FET for free seeing as it's a case of thawing them and inserting?!

We have to wait for a consultation letter to come through the post but we have wait 3 months so be December/January now xx

I wonder if it's still a 3 month wait if you're private?

It is a hell of a lot of money, but saying that I'd pay anything to be pregnant.

Xx

I think it's 3 months as standard as they like your body to have time to recover from meds etc. I think it'll come round quick with it being Xmas too it always does I think. When you testing again? Xx

Sorry to read about ur bfns 😞 was so sure you both were gonna get your bfps! 3 months will soon go! It's been 2 since my cycle got cancelled! Scary how fast time goes!
Na I haven't had lap and dye nici, what's involved in that exactly?
Yer it's horrible, I feel like I bore my friends with it now as it's been years! Xx

Time does fly ES, you'll be celebrating your BFP before you know it.

I tested again this morning, 8 days and 12 hours after transfer and after 2 minutes I thought I could see the faintest of faint squinter lines but of course because I am spotting I convinced myself it was negative. My plan was to stop the pessaries this morning you see so I took the test for Mark to ask his opinion.
"Do you agree that this is negative and therefore can I stop pessaries now because I've had enough"
I hand him the test and he replies "Can't you see that? it's so faint but there's something there"
I turn on the lamp to inspect under bright light and there IS something there. Though it's so faint that it's barely visable so I'm not getting my hopes up. I will test again on Saturday and if it's no darker then I'm calling it a day.

Spotting is still continuing, still brown but still there :(

xx

Oh wow hunni this could be it!!!! Can u post a pic of the test so we can see???

A lap and dye is where they pump dye round your tubes to check for any blockages. I had this done before I started clomid. I know a few people Who have had this done and fallen prego naturally afterwards!
Xxx

OMG Tina post a picture!!
I never had that done because the hospital said if I was going for ivf it would rule out "blockages" I may see if I can have it done now though especially if it's been the cysts causing us issues with ttc all these years xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->