IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I would hunni defo! As if cysts have gone and they do that procedure to rule out blockages then u may conceive naturally!

Tina pic please! :)
Xxx

That would be amazing but you know when you've been trying for so long it's so hard to imagine it happening naturally!
I've been stalking all day waiting for Tina to upload a picture! Lol! Xx

I've heard lap and dyes have worked for people, they fall pregnant afterwards!
Fingers crossed Tina it sounds positive for you xx

Tina if it's brown spotting then it's old blood! OMG am excited for u!
Xx

Defo worth asking then!
OMG Tina where are you?? 😂😂 xx

Me too! It's been quiet on here recently! Xx

Tina have you had any luck testing today? All good here, hope you ladies are ok xx

Hope your ok Tina!? Currently at women's waiting to go in for my op, supporting a very sexy gown and stockings! 😂
Nic, they are going to do the dye through my tubes too. I asked this morning 😊 xx

Awww that's good!!!! It will let u know about any blockages!
Let me know how u get on!!!

Hope everyone is ok??? This journey can be V harrowing and if support is ever needed please just Ask! Sending lots of virtual hugs!!
Xxxx

I'm awake, dr has not been round yet to let me know what's what. Remember waking up in a lot of pain so they gave me morphine and I went back to sleep lol xx

Hi girls,

so so sorry for my absence, I've been in hibernation for a week or so. Couldn't face seeing anyone or speaking to anyone, I think I needed time alone to come to terms with our first cycle not working.

My period arrived the day after I thought I saw a very faint positive on the First Response. I knew it was coming because I had the worst cramping the evening before. So I've spent the week going through a whole process of emotions. Sadness, angry at the world, then finally acceptance. I've come to realise that I couldn't change the outcome and what will be will be. I feel so lucky to have what I have in my life already and thank god I do because if I didn't have my little girl to keep me going I dread to think how I would've got through it.

Update though... I have an appointment on Wednesday at the womens to discuss what is happening going forward.

We are going to do the frozen transfer as soon as we can and if that doesn't work then we have another 6 grand put aside to try one more full cycle.

ES - any news on your op? Hope you are feeling in less pain this morning. I can't believe how quick your op came around. eeeeekk now you can finally start looking forward to your IVF cycle!

Nici how are you hun?

Vicky, how are you coping? Any news on your next appointment?

xxx

Hi Tina, so sorry to hear your first cycle was unsuccessful. This journey really is a roller coaster ride! I don't think I could have got through it without the support of my partner, family and friends. I Was totally convinced you and Vicky were both pg. You got your follow up appointment quick though? When do you go?
I got discharged at around 7 last night. I'm a little sore n bloated this morning, slept ok... I usually sleep on my tummy or side but couldn't obviously sleep on either last night!
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will be starting the ivf this year. Whilst they were operating they discovered it have severe endometriosis. It was all in my pelvis, by my rectum, bladder and they think it's possibly blocking my tubes. When they drained the cyst linking to endometriosis it was filled with old brown blood (they call them chocolate cysts) they took coloured pictures to show me everything. I've gotta go back in 6-12 weeks to discuss it so it could possibly December before returning to womens. Id need another op to get rid of the endometriea but me having this shouldn't effect an ivf cycle. I'm not sure which way round things are gonna happen now until I've been to that appointment. Will have to see what the doctor suggests. I was kinda happy that after nearly 5 years I finally had some answers. Well infact answers to questions I had in my early teens when I had awful periods. Today I've woken up and read about it. I can relate to so much of it and I got a bit teary.
Have you had a follow up appointment through yet Vicky? xx

Hey Tina, Am so sorry for ur bfn! It is such a cruel process and to not get the outcome that comes so easily to the majority of people, despite weeks of injections, battling hormones and mood swings only for that beautiful embryo to not stick is absolutely heartbreaking!
It's nice to hear from u!! We always find the courage and strength from deep within us to carry on and am sure ur Fet will be a different outcome altogether! I know I found the Fet alot easier all round!
Lots of hugs and positivity!!
Xxxx

Es89 wow wow wow!
After all those years and finally u have answers!!!! Try not to worry about not getting your cycle this year. Just think that if u did go ahead and ur body wasn't ready then u may get an outcome u didn't want. Work on getting ur body ready so u know u have given it your all!
I have a friend that has been diagnosed with severe endo ams for years she battled back ache, heavy periods, chronic cramps, pains in her legs. Dr's dismissed her symptoms until she demanded a referral and only then was she told she had this disease! She has since went on to have a baby naturally! :)
Xxx

I know nic, it's really mixed emotions! Happy tears more than bad ones.
Did your friend have an op to remove the endometriea? Xx

My god ES, did you have any idea that you had all of that going on inside of you?!?! That's a crazy amount of things that they have found. I agree with Nic though, it may be a good thing that you're not going ahead this year. It's definitely best to go in there with your body as well maintained as you can. Maybe focus now on starting a fresh in 2016 and getting your BFP!

Thanks girls for your kind words :D My appointment is on Wednesday, so 6 days time. I need to sit down and write a huge list of things that are concerning me before we think about doing the transfer.

xxx

I suffered with my periods for as long as I can remember. I went on the pill when I was 14/15 n that helped me but no I always assumed that everyone got similar pains!
Yer think your right, I will know more at the next appointment I guess. Recovery from this op first 😉 pretty bloated today but it's normal as they pump air into you.
Not long at all then Tina! What questions are you going to ask?
Hope I hear something sooner than 12 weeks! Xx

I'm sure you will hear something before the 12 weeks is up! I think they have to tell you that as a guideline because some people HAVE had to wait for 12 weeks. I do imagine though that the majority of people will hear something before then.

Well as far as questions go...

I really would like for this final transfer to be done with ultrasound guidance. I know that the womens don't do this as normal practice but do you think it's something they would do if I request it? Heck I am paying them a tonne of money! It should be about keeping the patient happy and relaxed.
I guess I just want proof that the embryo has actually been put into my womb.

Secondly I wasn't happy with my medication being lowered. I know that will have no effect on a frozen transfer anyway because that step will be skipped but if we were to go ahead with a fresh transfer again it's definitely something that I want looking into.

xxx

Oh I assumed that you saw it going in on ultrasound? Do you not?
Always ask the question but yer with fet you won't need to worry about dosage, was your amh high? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->