IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I know it's crazy! It seemed so long ago that we went for ET the first time and now it's all come back around again! Last time I was eating pineapple core and brazil nuts etc so this time around I'm not going to bother and just carry on as a normal - after all if it happened naturally that's what I'd have been doing anyway. My test day would be Xmas eve so it's either going to be the best Xmas ever or very drunken one ha!

Exciting though Tina, when do you actually go? xx

Best of luck Vicky! Will be thinking of you xx

Thanks ES, have to wait for a phone call Sunday morning before they take embryo out to thaw for a time to go in. Will have to be up and ready for 8am for the call, yikes very nervous xx

I am so excited for you Vicky! What are your plans for after transfer? Are you taking it easy for a few days or are you planning to carry on as normal?

We are flying out to Tenerife on Christmas Eve so I am going to have to keep checking to see if you've tested!

Crossing my fingers so tightly for you hun xx

I'll be back at work, got an important managers meeting Monday so I can't miss it although were off for a late lunch afterwards so that will be nice :)

Fingers crossed they survive the thaw - stressful times ha. I'll be sure to let you know eekkk xx

Hey ladies,
Wow vlw how exciting!!!!! It seems to have come round quick! Got everything crossed that this is it for u!
Xx

Hi ladies

Not having a lot of time to pop in at the moment, but best of luck vlm I really hope everything goes well and you get your bfp!

Very quick update from me, my little fet miracle was born 4th December (10 days late) naturally. We had a slight scare as she pood during labour but thankfully alls well and she's doing great. She weighed 8'7 and looks identical to her technically older sister!

Best of luck to all the ladies starting soon and sending plenty of baby dust to you all and that 2016 is a good year

Xxx

Thanks Nici :)

Wow congratulations likklegemz that wonderful news. I hope you and baby are doing well. It gives us hope for the rest of us, make sure you keep in touch xx

ahhh amazing new likklegemz!! congratulations on your new baby girl :):)

Vicky, how did yesterday go? Hope it all went smoothly and you are now PUPO!

xx

Hi Tina
Yesterday went well and the embryo survived the thaw so ET went well. The 2ww now begins eeekkk

How are you? Xx

Yey!! I'm so excited for you. Great news that everything went smoothly. How are you feeling?

I'm fine! CD22 for me today, this is our final cycle before our frozen transfer. It'd be nice if it works but I'm not pinning my hopes on it!

X

Yeh just glad it's done now. I've been so busy and lots coming up so glad I don't have time to dwell on it. I'm not sure what to expect with doing a non medicated cycle as those pessaries gave me side effects - defo not missing them ha.

Have you tried doing clear blue ovulation tests this month! I had to do them so they could time ET correctly. They are defo worth trying xx

Thanks Nici, test day is Xmas eve. Fingers and toes it's a nice early Xmas pressie xx

I'm with you on the pessaries! They gave me awful side effects too. With a non medicated cycle it'll be just the same 2WW as you would normally have so keep on the look out for anything that you don't normally feel in the 2WW!

The number 1 symptom with me when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter was sore nipples. I always get sore boobs after ovulation but never the nipples. Strangely enough, when I had the HCG shot when we were doing IVF the first thing that happened is my nipples went excruciatingly sore!

xx

They are awful aren't they haha! I have had some twinges this afternoon could be coincidence, I'm not reading into it as it could be anything but I cant remember them last time so who knows.

I did get sore nipples when I was on the pesseries and then they went away just before AF so that clearly wasn't anything. I'm trying not to symptom spot but it's difficult, roll on xmas eve!! xx

ahhh I feel for you hun. Wish I could just transport you to Christmas Eve so you can know once and for all. Any new symptoms to report today?
xx

Oh me too Tina! I've still got dull aches and cramps like af is on her way. Not sure if that's good or bad really. 8 sleeps to go ha xx

Good luck VLW, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Zita West is a fertility expert and her CD is specifically for someone going through IVF, I'm not sure it was the reason why it worked for us but definitely helped me relax during IVF.

We've had our consultation and we have to go down the medicated route which seems like it's dragged out a bit. We nearly started next week but have delayed until my next cycle in January.
Dr brought me down with a bump and said manage your expectations, there's no guarantees (supposedly it's normal to be a bit cocky if you've had a positive straight away!!) which DH then discussed what will we do if the 2 frozen ones don't work. Do we go through the whole thing again or just be happy with our little miracle???! IVF conjures up so many emotions.... As soon as I walked into the Hewitt Centre, the feelings returned... About to get on the roller coaster again!!!

Seems like a few of us will be going through it at around the same time which will be good support xxx

Vicky, cramps are good! I don't remember you saying that you had cramping last time so I am really hoping that the little one has nestled into your uterus! Are you tempted to test early?

Janey, I second what you said about returning to the Hewitt Centre. I remember the last time I was in there after our cycle failed and it was awful sitting in that waiting room thinking that you should be returning because you've got great news and organising your first scan but instead you're there to discuss what happens next.
We too will be transferring at the end of January/early Feb. I hope we get to go through it together, it's great to have someone there for support

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->