IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies that's lovely likklegemz another little girl! The next couple of weeks will fly by although it might feel like forever to you. Funny thing how pregnancy can affect you, hope your feeling ok.

I actually don't care what we have if we're lucky enough to even have one. I've had a tough few days my best friend gave birth to a baby boy Friday he's gorgeous and made me so broody. Then my best friend whose been by my side thought IVF has just found out she's 11 weeks pregnant by accident. It's really upset me although I'm ever so happy for her. Ooh why me it's horrible all this sometimes feeling like giving up �� Xx

:( Vicky, you're not alone my dear. I know exactly that feeling of someone close to you telling you that they're pregnant and it makes you feel physically sick. It's a tough situation because as much as you don't want to be resentful you kind of can't help but be because you want it so badly.

We're trying naturally this cycle. I'm doing OPKs like there's no tomorrow and I keep thinking what is the bloody point?!??! It's not like it's going to happen. I feel like I'm living in cloud cuckoo land.

Any idea of when your dates are going to be this month for your FET?

xxx

It's awful isn't it Tina, I just keep thinking when is my turn :( I'm happy but one fiend gave birth last week and now two close friends are expecting! So frustrating!!!!

Are you? At least your giving it a good go hey ha! I gave up using opk's it felt too regimented for me and neither of us liked it I just felt so disappointed each month when af showed up so I didn't see the point. Doesn't mean you shouldn't give up that way though :)

I just have to wait for af which is due 2 weeks today and then start opk's so I reckon ET will be in around 4 or 5 weeks time from now! I'm excited but I'm not, dreading seeing another bfn! You still starting again in Jan? xx

I ovulate on different days each cycle (normally between CD15-19) so OPKs work for me because otherwise I can't pinpoint ovulation unless I temp.

CD17 today and got a strong positive OPK this morning so time to get some sexy time happening haha!

Yes if all else fails we are transferring in January. It'd be nice if it didn't come down to that though so we don't need to shell out another £1500.

Can't believe you're transferring again already!!! It's come around so quickly. You're bound to be nervous, who wouldn't be in your situation? Hoping that this one is a sticky one for you my dear

xx

Hey ladies,

Wishing you all lots of luck on your transfers... I don't really remember my IVF cycle, I think I've blocked it out as it consumes your whole lives for so long. I really hope it happens for you all - not that natural pregnancies are not as special - but there's something wonderful about an IVF baby.
We're planning a FET early next year, we've got a few in the freezer, so got consultation next month.... And so the roller coaster starts again!!!
Good luck Gemz... Hope everything goes well with the new arrival xxx

Janey, congrats on ICSI working the first time!

We are transferring early next year too! With any luck we are looking at the end of January. You are so right about it consuming your whole life, that's why we've taken a little break from it because it was starting to have an effect on our relationship.

xx

Thanks Tina... We know we are extremely lucky to have it work first time... Even through sleepless nights I used to remind myself of how hard life was trying to conceive. I pinch myself now and again... Love my baby girl! X

I don't blame you, I don't think I'd have coped very well with a BFN and it's a huge amount of pressure on both of you, but stay positive and don't give up hope.

I'm not exactly sure what the process is, only called the other day to find out rough timescales and what we had to do, I wasn't expecting to get a consultation booked it. I kind of panicked a little, asked my DH if we were ready for the whole process again... Especially the 2ww, where I think I nearly had a breakdown, and having another baby, when one is hard enough work!!!!
It'll be fab to see you all get your BFPs over the next couple of months xxx

It was awful seeing the BFN but I was kind of expecting it. I didn't feel like the first time went as smoothly as it could. I was super panicking all the way through the 2WW too which wouldn't have helped. At least next time I know what to expect and I hope I won't be as panicked about it all.
You're so lucky to have it work first time :D I bet it was the most amazing feeling ever! can I ask... what was the problem in the first place that prompted you to try IVF?

With us it is DHs swimmers, though on our ICSI cycle the consultant said that the sperm that they used was of good quality.

xxx

Hi Ladies

Seeing a BFN is heart breaking especially when you've just been through everything and it went so well with no reason for it not to work, but like the Dr said to me - once it goes back no one has any control with what happens.

It does definitely consume you, eat, sleep and eat IVF. I'm lucky though as I do get upset and feels like throwing the towel in but my hubby is very grounded and keeps me positive and reassures me we will get there :) ere just taking it in our stride now and if and when it happens it will be worth it!

Wow Janey wishing you lots of luck for January let's hope we'll all have our bfps by then xx

Good to hear vicky that your hubby is grounded and keeps you on the right track! My hubby would just say things like "don't be so bloody ridiculous, what are you crying for again?" haha. I was bad though, I think I literally cried every day during the 2WW out of fear of it not working... and alas it didn't

Anyone made a start on their crimbo shopping yet? 6 weeks today girls until Christmas Eve!!!

xx

Oh Tina my hubby used to be like that in the beginning, he just didn't understand at all. I think now quiet a few friends have since had babies or are expecting I think he has realised time isn't in our side and wants it that little bit more. You always want something more when you cant! Roll on round 2!!!

Yes I have most of mine, just a few more bits to get. I cant believe how quickly the weeks have been flying by! xx

I have barely started! I am going to wait until the amazon black friday deals to see if I can get anything at reduced price! I'm skint at the minute.

We've just paid our £670 embryo freezing bill and it's left us with little to nothing left this month!

xx

Yeh defo worth checking out some deals on Black Friday. I bet your little one is dead excited for xmas. I pray we will have a little one by next xmas!

Aww it's a lot of money isn't it but it will be worth it. I'm just waiting for af to start so I can ring up on cd1 and get the ball rolling, I should be on by the weekend hoping it arrives sooner though ha xx

eeeekkk I can't believe how close transfer is for you now! How are you feeling?

Yes Evie is completely excited, managed to get a few more bits and bobs this weekend just gone so I'm pretty much done now. All bought and wrapped! I'm shocked at how organised I've been this year but I've had to be because we are going on holiday on Christmas Eve.

6DPO for me... nothing jumping out at me suggesting pregnancy so just expecting my period in a weeks time

xx

I know it's come round quick, I'm not sure I start getting excited but then I just dread the 2ww and the thought of another bfn. As I've always said there is no guarantees so I'm trying to just take it easy this time I'm not messing with pineapple core and stuff I'm just going to keep things normal as though it's not happened - well try haha.

Wow were are you going on Christmas Eve? Bet your excited to go away?

Well at least your af's are going back to normal after the first IVF cycle that's one positive thing, every cloud hey! xx

I think normal is a great idea! I will be doing the same when January comes around.

We are off to Tenerife for Christmas and New Year, I've never been away for Christmas before so I'm apprehensive but soooo looking forward to it!

xx

Very nice, be a nice break for you before you start again as well! xx

Yeah that was the reason that we didn't do another round right away because I don't think I could've faced getting another BFN before going on holiday.

New year, new start on tackling ICSI!

Xx

Me and hubby had our consultation for frozen transfer and we're going to go for it in Jan hopefully and the consultant said about non medically transfer if we ovulate which I always did but thought I'd test this month with clear blue tests and I've had all the signs of ovulation but no smiley face. I'm confused as I've never had a problem with ovulating it was just the conceiving part that was the issue! Has anyone else been in the same boat? Hubby thinks it might be as I git the test from eBay and when I've read reviews ppl say test in the middle of the day but the test says you can in the morning. When we were trying for our first and used the CB ovulation kits I got smileys before. Well and truly confused!!

Hi ladies how is everyone doing? AF showed up Saturday and rang LWH this morning to get the ball rolling for FET, someone is ringing me back to book me in, no idea what I'm getting booked in for when I haven't started opk's yet haha??

Rachel I'm not sure to be honest, I have always done opk's when I have got home from work around 6pm and I have got positives. I have used the cheap ones off ebay before which is just a positive or negative (no smiley faces) so I'm not sure really, it might be worth trying CB ones next month.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->