IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sure opks work better PM than AM. I used to use cheapies and then when I got what I believed was a positive, id use a CB digi to confirm. I've never had a problem with them x

Exciting times Vicky! Did they get back to you?? Xx

Yep I have to start using opk's on Monday and then when I get a positive ring back and ET will be around 5/6 days later.

How are you xx

Hi girls! Sorry for being AWOL for a few days. Just haven't had the time to get online!

Vicky, 5-6 days after ovulation?!?! I thought the embryo would be transferred when you ovulate? ahhh but saying that, it is a 5 day blasto so it might make more sense medically to transfer it then.

How exciting!!! I am over the moon for you.

Rachel, I normally take OPKs in the evening and I get positives. I have never used the smiley face ones though so I can't give you any advice there. The only other way to confirm that you are ovulating is to temp. Do you temp?

Our first natural cycle didn't work anyway! My period came a couple of days ago which I was completely expecting. Only 2 more cycles to endure before our FET!

Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi Tina

Yep your right so it's just like the first time around you take your stimms and then hcg trigger shot then have EC and then ET a few days later so it's just the same but skip EC part and with no drugs :)

Cant believe we'll be having ET in less than 2 weeks. LWH did say to take the ovulation test in the morning.

At least your cycle is still regular and normal that's one of the things they like to check - every cloud hey. January will come round so fast Tina.

xx

So are you doing a medicated cycle or natural?

We will be doing a natural cycle when January comes. The consultant did say that that would be the best option for us because I ovulate naturally.

xx

Yep it's natural so it's just a case of peeing on sticks and then go in for transfer. Hopefully be much less stressful this time round! Xx

Vicky, how are you feeling hun? You heard anything else from the womens since we last spoke?

xx

Hi Tina
Nope that's it now, I have started peeing on sticks today so just have to wait for a positive and then ring up for ET. I don't feel as excited this time trying to remain firmly neutral so either way I'm prepared, stills scary though.
How are you? xx

Hey ladies,

Just been reading your comments on email for the past few weeks as I've been busy, but thought I'd jump on and say good luck VLW, it sounds imminent. Will watch with anticipation & hope for you xxx

Tina to answer your question, I was diagnosed with PCO during my initial tests from the GP. I struggle with my weight, knew something wasn't quite right, couldn't get pregnant after we got married, so yes b&£tard ovaries control my life... Weight loss is ridiculously hard as is getting pregnant without medical intervention.

How long after your consultations did you get the ball rolling for FET cycle? I'm just wondering if my consultation is in a few weeks, is it going to be a few months after or immediate? I remember during my first cycle, AF arrived right on time ordered my drugs & then wished 4 weeks away for my AF to start... It was 2 weeks late! When I needed it to be on time... What a b*%ch. I just don't know what to expect, as it was so long before, I just need to prepare!

Do you girls have the Zita West CD? I swore by this for my positive cycle, I really feel like being positive & relaxing helped me keep calm. I don't suppose it need to be an infertility expert on a CD but any relaxation CD could help you xxx

Hi Janey we had our consultation about a month after I got my bfn. They told me I had to wait 3 cycles before starting again. Then once we had waited and ready to go ahead I had to fill out a form on CD1 and send it off and give them a call to start the balling rolling for FET. Do you have some frozen then? I think they will give you the go ahead when ever you are ready if so. I'm doing un-medicated so I'm not having any drugs to control anything this time xx

I read zita wests book, didn't know she had done a cd though. I got the book off amazon. Where are you in your cycle now Vicky? Xx

Hey ES I'm literally just waiting for a positive which should be between now and the weekend so ET will defo be next week eeekkk!
How are you doing? xx

😊😊😊
Everything crossed for you Vicky!
Doing ok thank you, January will soon be here. Hopefully have a better idea of what's next step for us then! xx

Thanks ES trying not to get my hopes but sometimes I think surely it's our turn now! What will be will be though hey.
How are your cycles since your op? I'm guessing if they have been regular/normal then you might get the go ahead? Xx

First month was painful but next few have been managable. Just emotions run high when I'm on now which usually it was the run up to af. Xx

eeek Vicky, so excited for you my dear!! Any sign of a positive yet?

Janey, I think the waiting time differs depending if you are a private or NHS patient. Vicky was told to wait for 3 months and she is NHS. We are private and were told that we could start on our next cycle if we wanted to though we have chosen to wait until January.

ES, You're right.. January is just around the corner and then you should know what is happening next. Good news that the witch has been kinder to you since your surgery!

I've just been manic trying to get everything sorted for Christmas and our holidays in 3 weeks time. Back into town again this weekend to get some last minute bits which I am dreading, it's bound to be chocker with Christmas shoppers!

xx

Hi ladies, well I had a positive opk this morning so I'm booked in for ET on Sunday, starting to get nervous now!!
How is everyone doing? xx

OH MY GOD!!! it's crazy thinking that you'll be PUPO again at the weekend. I am really feeling for you dear because I know how horribly stressful it is once the embryo is transferred but keep the faith! I think it'll work for you this time.

I'm okay, just busy busy at the minute trying to start packing for my holidays and working full time :(

What date will your test day be?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"