IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hey ladies,

Hope you had a good Christmas and happy new year!!!
VLW, how are you feeling? Have you got a scan date yet? Has it sunken in? Try and bottle that feeling, because it is amazing xxx
Tina how was the holiday? Are you relaxed and ready for the 10th? Not long to wait and I bet the sun on your bones will have helped you prep for this cycle xxx
ES you've not got long either till your appointment? Xxx

Well, we're just waiting for AF, typically she doesn't arrive on demand, now 10 days late, FFS, she was 14 days late for my fresh cycle. My DH said its a good omen! As soon as she shows her face, I can get the ball rolling and call the HC to order the drugs. I'm slightly dreading it as I didn't downreg for my fresh cycle so I was done in 2 weeks, this time I am DR which is 3.5 weeks of Buserelin.... Then 10 days of progesterone. Then the dreaded bum bullets!!!!

Hey to the "oldies" who are about! X

Happy new year ladies!!

Hi Janey I'm doing ok thank you, 7 week scan is booked for the 14th Jan so fingers crossed there is a heartbeat I'm so worried! I'm trying to relax as I'm sure all will be ok.

Oh how annoying it's late! It's times like these you want af to show up early isn't it ha. Hope it arrives soon and you can get the ball rolling, how are you feeling about it all? I don't envy you doing long protocol but they know what's best I guess :)

Tina hope your holiday went well and are waiting for af too so you can get going?

ES good luck with your appointment let us know how it goes xx

Hey ladies happy new year to you all let hope 2016 is a good year for everyone trying.

Your 7 week scan will be amazing vlw when you see your little miracle on the screen.

Good luck Tina.

We're just waiting on af coming due in about 20 days so we can ring up and arrange our fet. Not sure how I feel about being unmedicated but they know what their doing don't they.

Good luck everyone trying xxx

VLW as Rachel said the 7 week scan is amazing. If you get a nice Dr they'll let you video it on your phone. We did at 8 weeks and you can see my DD little heart pounding away. I love looking back at it!
There's nothing more you can do (apart from the norm.. Eating and drinking the right things) everything else is out of your hands, so try and enjoy... But that's it, you'll worry during the rest of the pregnancy and forever. IVF will just sink away until you want another. I'm excited for you.... Want to see photos on 14th x
I was ok before Christmas as I was thinking it's ages away and plenty of time to think about it all. But now it's January I'm thinking is it a good idea. I loved giving birth... But the weeks that followed were difficult and I think filled with PND. Now she's my best friend and I think I love her too much, but I'm worried about how I'm going to be downregging as I've heard it makes people a bit nutty! I have pco so did short protocol for fresh cycle and didn't have too many injections!!! As soon as I said to Dr Green that I had Pco she said no way is it worth risking a natural FET, so I put it in their hands... Eeek!

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry I think I missed you.... Looks like you'll be next after Tina, I'm due on anytime so think it's about 4 weeks from day 21 till ET.

Hopefully some more BFPs to keep us all positive xxx

Happy new year everyone! No not long now ladies, it's actually come round really fast! What times your scan Vicki? Might bump into you 😂
Good luck Rach and Janey, hope af arrives soon so you can get started 😊
Hope you had a good holiday Tina xx

Hi girls!

Happy new year to you all :) with any luck we will all have our BFPs this year!!

Vicky, you're bound to be nervous about the scan but I am with the other girls in thinking that everything will be just fine. Try to relax and put your feet up :)

Rach & Janey, good luck with starting your new IVF cycles! Not long to go now girls.

As far as our cycle goes, I knew it would be too good to be true that everything would go smoothly. I took OPKs away with me on holiday and started them on CD10 as instructed on the box due to having a 30 day cycle. To my absolute surprise I got a solid smiley face on the clear blue digi which supposedly means that your about to ovulate. So I thought surely that can't be right?!!? If I have a 30 day cycle I should ovulate around CD15-CD16 and they are the days that I normally get a positive on cheapie tests. So I called the womens and told them that I had a positive clearblue digi but expressed my concerns that I didn't think it could be right and I don't want to be shelling out another £1500 if the timing isn't right. A doctor gave me a call back and said that she wasn't happy with transferring this cycle because I can't be sure that CD10 was my peak day. :( :( So it's waiting for my period again now. If CD10 was correct then my period should arrive really early. If not, then my body is messed up and we will have to do a medicated cycle.

The waiting begins again!

I did have the best holiday though :) We are looking at booking again for May time. If you haven't been to Costa Adeje girls I would definitely recommend

xx

Thanks ladies I thought the 2ww was difficult never mind the 7ww, I'm not complaining though you just wait for this moment for such a long time and want everything to be ok. I'm struggling with sleep too not sure if that's the surge in hormones or anxiety. Sure all will be ok thanks for your support :hugs:

Good luck Rachel, I had unmedicated and found it so much better was much more relaxed - make sure you keep us updated.

Janey it's surprising how quickly things can creep up on you isn't it. Every baby and every birth is different so try not to compare and try not to worry. You are definitely in the right hands and they know what's best I'm sure you'll be fine.

Tina I'm so glad you had a lovely holiday. I think your right with regards to your decision, if your not sure it's not worth risking it. Once you get a positive opk your af should show up 14 days later roughly. Have you done opks before and logged the days so you can compare? I hope your feeling ok about it all though be interesting to se when af does show up now though xx

Get used the lack of sleep VLW, unfortunately it's a sign of things to come! Lol not long to go and it will be worth it and you'll then have another countdown till 12 weeks scan, then another countdown for 20 weeks. Then you'll be able to relax a little once you've had the reassurance that your little miracle is growing just fine. Xx

Oh no Tina, what an absolute bummer. I can't believe that your cycle could be so different. It sounds like you are pretty much like clockwork (something I didn't realise someone could be until I found out I had pco my cycle slips a couple of days every month, which I thought was normal). I take it the clear blue is accurate? Could be be that the cheapest are wrong? And you have a longer LP? You might have been missing your window every month to get a natural BFP (sorry that's obvs)
At least the Dr recommended you wait, you've saved money and made sure you have the best chance. Would it be so bad to be medicated and ensure your cycle is perfect to give your FET the best chance? I've not slept for a few nights thinking about the drugs, injecting myself as OH will be away, worrying.... But it's only a short window of craziness and bloating... Right???! Keep us posted on the AF I'm really interested to know what happens next.... My concerns would be that they push you back another month to check when you ovulate in Feb, esp. If then they want to medicate you as it drags it out to about 6 weeks ish I think. Xx

AFM, still no signs, 12 days late, doubt I'm pregnant, She knows I'm waiting for her and likes to delay when we want to get on with things!

ooooh Janey have you taken a test though out of curiosity? stranger things have happened!

Vicky, sorry you're struggling to sleep. Janey is right though, it only gets worse! I remember really suffering with heartburn and cramp in my legs that I barely slept any night during my pregnancy. Won't be long hun and you will get to see your LOs heartbeat thudding away and it will make it all the more real for you. I remember clearly the first time I saw Evie's heartbeat and it was the most magical moment ever, you're going to love it.
I have taken OPKs before and always got positives around CD15/16 but never logged them unfortunately.

Janey, I only had a 12 day leutal phase when I did my first IVF cycle before the bleeding started so I can't imagine that I have a longer natural leutal phase. But we will see! It'll be interesting to know. I have definitely ovulated anyhow because my boobs are sore and have been for a couple of days. I am going to start temping again next month, that way I will have a more accurate idea of the day I ovulate.
A medicated cycle wouldn't be an awful thing but in my heart I think I wanted to do it all naturally without the aid of medications. What will be will be though, if that's what is needed to get a BFP then I am willing to give it a shot.

Who knows anyhow, we DTD tonnes on holiday so maybe there's a tiny chance that it could happen naturally this cycle

xxx

Can I have some thought please girls. The consultant said the we would do unmedicated transfer but when I've been doing tests with first one they haven't been coming up as positive but last cycle I did a test in the middle of the day and it came bk positive at dinner but the following morning negative again. I've brought a test today to do at work but will have to do it in stream rather than dipping don't fancy collecting it at work!! We're told to ring them in the morning when we get a positive I'm just wondering if next cycle when we start are they going to say we would be better to do medicated in another cycle. What do you all think I should do? Xxx

Can I have some thought please girls. The consultant said the we would do unmedicated transfer but when I've been doing tests with first one they haven't been coming up as positive but last cycle I did a test in the middle of the day and it came bk positive at dinner but the following morning negative again. I've brought a test today to do at work but will have to do it in stream rather than dipping don't fancy collecting it at work!! We're told to ring them in the morning when we get a positive I'm just wondering if next cycle when we start are they going to say we would be better to do medicated in another cycle. What do you all think I should do? Xxx

Hi Rachel

When we did un medicated I was told to use Clear Blue digital and to use FMU at the same time everyday and just to test the once per day starting from CD10. The tets only pick up your surge (when your about to ovulate) so it might only be positive for day or so as it's a short window. I'd start on CD10 and start testing and once you get a positive ring up.

Janey I hope af has shown sign of coming? It's always the way when you want I to appear. Tina is right though have you taken a test??

Tina I agree which ever way of doing things if it gets your BFP is best. Lets hope all your DTD over holiday and all the relaxing might have helped!

xx

I've just done a cheapy and dinner and has a faint line. Will use another clear blue in the morning but if it's negative I just don't know what to do.

That's probably right Rachel. Next month just do them first thing in the morning just that once that's all you need to do :) xx

So done a clear blue this morning and nothing done an Internet cheapie and a faint line. I think they might say we have to do medicated. How long is a medicated cycle does anyone know?

I've done an Internet cheapie at dinner and it's a strong positive I just don't get it!!

Got a smiley on my clear blue ovulation this morning it's such a relief!! Bring on af that's what I say!!

I used to stress myself out with opks. I found the cheapies were more sensitive than clear blue. I am not sure about the fmu, I always got told to use smu with opks (not too sure why) anyway I remember 1 cycle I did an opk with a smu which came back negative (but close to positive) then i retested in the evening and it was positive. I tested again the next morning and it was negative so if your only been told to test once a day surely you may be missing that surge?? xx

I think there is a window of time to get a positive opk so I think as long as your doing it once a day you'll pick up the surge. I just did what LWH told me to which was fmu but i had read elsewhere it's better not to?! It still worked out though.

Rach, af is supposed to show 14 days after ovulation so be interesting to see when it does show and you can work it out backwards.

How you feeling about your appointment ES? What time is it at? Xx

Oh Rachel, what a stressful time! So glad for you that you got your smiley face. I'd much rather be doing the natural route if I could.

Still nothing happening here. Asked my hubby if he thinks I'm pregnant and he said no. He's always the optimistic one!!! Lol I'm always late by a couple of days (and as I've said before 14 days late when we did IVF) but never normally 17 days - which I think it is now. I know this is simple solution but I really resent paying £10 for a test which will 99% likely be negative. So it's a waiting game :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->