IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Aw Janey! Love how men are so blunt and to the point at times! Wait a little longer if you can, I know it's hard and so tormenting!
Hi Vicky, it's come round fast! It's at 2.40 on Thursday. Did you say you have your scan that day? Xx

Janey could you not buy a cheapie test just to rule it out? I'd be going out of my mind by now 17 days late, hang in their though I'm sure she'll pop up when you least expect it!
It has come round quick ES, let us know what they say. Hopefully all good news for you. My appointment is at 8 am xx

I agree with Vicky, Janey. Infact I would have probably caved with any test I could get my hands on lol.
I've got a feeling another op is on the cards but I could be way off. I just keep thinking if I was ok to go for the ivf now they would have transferred me back to the Hewitt centre but my appointment is in the endo clinic with the surgeon...
Oh nice n early scan for you Vicky, bet ur glad in 1 way! U must be so excited xxx

Thanks for all your support girls just hope 2016 bring us all the bundles we want. I think I'd be like you Janey and not test but how long do you wait to do a test? What's every ones thoughts on bd when an embryos is put back? I know they say you can but its abit scary isn't it! You want to create this calming home and then all of a sudden it gets bashed about????

Ha ha Rachel that's hilarious! It took me a while to realise what bd was. We didn't do anything for a while after, we were scared about everything! But then became more chilled after I realised this was a normal healthy pregnancy. I'd say if you do get your BFP which I'm sure you will, enjoy it, take photos, get all the scans, listen to the heartbeat everyday on the app, get spoilt, have a baby shower, do bd before your miracle arrives, it goes so fast and it's so amazing... Do everything you want to do. After all you IVF girls go through it's the least you deserve. In fact, I wish I'd enjoyed IVF knowing that it would work 1st time. I'm praying for you girls xxx

I know, I'm quite strong willed... but as days go on my hope is building. I'm on metformin to help with weight loss, but only started taking it properly after nearly a year off it in November - it helps regulate ovulation for ladies with PCO. My last period was end of November. Only thing is we can't remember if we did the deed around the time we needed to... We don't document it bearing in mind we were told it's less that a 1% chance that it would happen for us! In fact the professor at HC said "it's the equivalent of a man swimming from Liverpool to New York without arms and legs!" (Harsh but honest and actually made us laugh uncontrollably)... So I just think it's Mother Nature being unbelievably unfair. I don't have a clue when/ if I'm going to test... I've done so many when we were TTC I can't stand that feeling of failure and disappointment xxx

Oh VLW, not long now, hoping your precious cargo is growing and beautiful! It's so incredible xxxx
ES even if it is surgery, this is preparing you for your turn, better to be ready... "Fail to prepare, prepare to fail" it's frustrating to wait but it is giving you the best chance. My advice.... I wish I'd taken more holidays/ nights out/ meals out with DH before our LO arrived, this is giving you the perfect excuse. Do you mind me asking your age? (Assuming the 89 is your year of birth?) they may have good news, if not, push for surgery as soon as possible, for each of our appointments at HC we got cancellations by calling all the time. Good luck and keep us posted xx

Hope you're ok Tina xx

yup I totally agree Janey, if surgery increases ivf success rate I am happy to do that. I have waited this long so a few more months is nothing as long I know whats happening I am ok. I did ring to see if I could get an sooner appointment but I think because I had surgery they wanted me to wait atleast 3 months. Yer 89 is my birth year, I am 27 in March so I am the right side of 30. My partner is 35. xx

Morning girls!

Wow feel like there's been tonnes of posts over the weekend and I haven't had the chance to get online. Had a busy weekend of children's birthday parties. Evie was invited to 2!! Honestly she has a better social life than I do! We went to see the new Quentin Tarantino film on Saturday night, it was AMAZING! Deffo go to see if girls if you're looking for a movie to watch.

CD21 for me today, in theory, if the clearblue test on CD10 was right then my period should show in the next 2-3 days. I really can't see it happening like but I will give it the benefit of the doubt and wait it out... No preggo symptoms to report. Had a blinding migraine on Saturday and I have had some mild cramping but that is nothing unusual for me leading up to my period. Just want CD1 to show now so I can call the women's and discuss what is happening next.

Vicky, eeek so close now to your first scan! How are you doing with pregnancy symptoms? Are you experiencing the dreaded morning sickness yet?

Rachey, cannot believe you haven't caved and tested yet!!! Are you having any symptoms to suggest pregnancy?

ES, I agree with the other girls... if that surgery means you have a better chance at getting a positive then it's a step in the right direction! I can second how you feel though about it taking forever :( We are 2 years and 7 months in now and it is becoming tiring.

xx

Hi ladies

Janey you are very strong willed, I would have had to do a test just to put my mind at rest. I know what you mean about disappointment but I think I got to the point of just expecting my af to show so I ended up not getting upset about it as I knew it just wasn't going to happen and it made things a bit easier. I remember the Dr saying to us that it happening naturally as something short of a miracle - blunt but true!

Tina it will be interesting to see when af does show up so you an work it out backwards as to when ovulation was likely. Here's hoping your next cycle is accurate and you can start!

ES I guess you have to go your appointment open minded. You just have to remember they are doing what they can so you can get pregnant it just might mean a few extra hurdles and turns in the road. Hopefully it might be a bit more straightforward for you now. I guess just knowing what's next will ease your mind. Keep us posted about Thursday :)

I'm doing ok ladies just nervous as Thursday approaches. I've been feeling really sick the last few days but it's lasted the majority of the day and comes and goes. Seems to be worse first thing and of an evening. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday just praying there is a heartbeat. It still hasn't sunk in really at all. I've got a feeling 2016 is going to be a good year for us all :) xx

ahh Vicky, I think everything will be fine though it is understandable for you to be nervous. It's definitely a positive sign that you are experiencing sickness because if the pregnancy wasn't progressing then you wouldn't be having any symptoms.
Have you worked out what your due date is?

xx

Yeh you're right Tina I hadn't thought about it like that. Each days that goes by I do think it's a mini milestone. I think I've worked it out to be 30th Aug but obviously scan will confirm properly. Other than the scan I have no idea what will happen on Thursday with it all happening at a fertility clinic xx

Cannot wait to see your miracle scan vlw bet it feels like forever I would be so impatient!!

This is starting to feel like the board it used to be when I did my cycle a couple of years ago. The buzz and support makes you feel like you can be honest and get honest answers.

ES I wish I'd known about our infertility in my 20's, so you're in a great position (if you know what I mean) it's a long time to be TTC for you both though. You're lucky you've got a strong relationship.

VLW If all's ok at the scan they will sign you off and that's it done with the HC, they basically say that you're a standard pregnancy and you get registered with your midwife. It's weird... Their job is done, they move onto the next patient and you leave in a state of shock!!!! I went and bought a ton of chocolate and went back in -in tears- to say thank you! Felt like I didn't want to leave :( and yes, it's meant to be healthy to have morning sickness means your hormones are doing their job.

Tina I've been googling 6 week symptoms, as I don't really have any but I've had twinges, like a periods coming, I had dizzy spells on Fri/ Sat, but I'm still coughing and bunged up from a cold. I can't remember when my boobs started to look like a motorway map and when they started to tingle... That was my only early symptom last time. I know I should just test but I like the feeling of hope, something will eventually happen... Right???! Xxx

Test test test!!!! Haha. If you don't test I'm going to find you and make you test!

I took a test tonight, 11DPO going off the positive OPK, of course it was negative but I needed to pee on something! God I long for that day that I see 2 lines!!!

Xx

Ha ha you're funny Tina. If I had a test I would have done it today. My DH works away so feel bad about doing it without him. Going to the Drs on Wednesday afternoon so will ask him what he thinks. I really don't think I am unfortunately :(

You never know, stranger things have happened! I'll give you a scenario...

10 years ago my Uncle and his wife did IVF (my uncle had previously had the snip in his first marriage) and to cut a long story short they ended up having boy/girl twins and were successful on their first go.
Following this my Uncle was told that his sperm count was literally zilch and that there was more chance of hell freezing over than them ever conceiving naturally so of course they never used protection.
3 years ago to their complete shock Sam ended up pregnant! It caused so much trouble though in their relationship, he accused her of cheating because there's no way it could be his. He stuck by her anyhow and when the baby was born he was the spitting image of his dad, no denying that he was his!
Just goes to show.... if there's that miniscule bit of hope, no matter how small.... it CAN happen.

So TEST WOMAN!!!

xx

Just goes to show you Tina, miracles do happen!

I hope everything goes ok at the docs tomorrow Janey, let us know what they say xx

Ha ha I certainly feel told Tina! ;) I will test I promise.... But if the Dr doesn't offer one then I'll wait until the weekend for when DH is home.

Thanks VLW, it's only a check up for my weight so will mention my delayed cycle!!! Only 1 more day of waiting for you lovely. X

Hope everything goes ok tomorrow at the Drs Janey. Are you usually late, how late are you now?

Thanks Rachel. I think I was due on around Boxing Day. So now I'm about 19 days late. Not normally this late i usually slip a couple of days every month but was about 14 days late for my fresh cycle in 2013. It could be my PCO's causing problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->