IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

think our bodies can be our own worse enemies at times hahaha
Yer I know Tina, wasn't thinking of it from an ivf cycle side of it but more of a case if they think my next cycle is too soon as it may only be a week away if you get me? got a feeling they may make me wait a few cycles with them being busy. hope I am wrong! hahaha xx

ES will you be doing a private cycle or a NHS cycle? I know from some of the other girls that NHS cycles can have a little while wait, I hope they rush it through quickly for you

Rachel, great news that you had a few relaxing days away :) What happens when your AF arrives? Are you starting your IVF cycle straight after that?

Gonna call the womens this morning girls so I will let you know how I get on

xx

Tina I'm having a frozen put back so same as you I think just got to wait for a smiley and ring again. It's all just one big waiting game isn't it!!
Hope they say you can go for it this month xxx

So excited for you ladies, you're right just a case of using opk's and ringing up when it's a smiley face. It's much more relaxed though that way still nerve wracking though. Eeekkk excited!!!

Thanks Rachel it's kind of sunk in but I don't think it will until I have a 12 week scan as it just looks like a blob and not a baby ha xx

Rachel, you're in the same boat as me then! If we both go ahead this cycle then I imagine you will be just a few days behind me. How exciting!!

VLW, the first part of pregnancy is tough. It's an odd situation to be in because you don't feel properly pregnant yet though there is something growing in there! Have you told friends and family about your exciting news?

xx

Tina did you ring Hewitt up?? My cycles are about 26 days so we will be extremely close just hope are bodies help us out abit and don't put any obstacles in the way!

Oh girls, it sounds like it's going to be a busy month for you. Awaiting news from Tina and ES from the Hewitt today. Hoping it good news for both of you!

I've just called and cancelled treatment, did another test yesterday and there is definitely 2 lines. Just fingers crossed baby is ok... Hate this wait now for the scan, although not as bad as 2ww. As Tina said something's there but can't felt it and can't see it.

VLW, I registered my details with 1-2-1 midwives and I've just missed a call from them. Will let you know what they say! X

Hi Tina yes have told my parents and hubby's mum and two close friends (as they knew about the IVF) but that's it. It is an odd situation but I'm on countdown now.

Let me know what they say Janey I'm at the docs on wed to get the ball rolling and will shortly book in for my booking appointment.

Keep us posted ladies xx

Phoned the women's this morning girls and I've been waiting anxiously all day for them to call me back. 8 hours later!!! Haha

The nurse said there's no reason why we can't do a natural cycle as long as I am getting a positive on the clear blue. She said to start testing from CD9 this cycle which is a week today. So it's looking like transfer will be around 3rd Feb I am thinking, if ovulation falls around CD13/14 like normal. It's my hubbies birthday on 11th February so of course it'd be the most wonderful birthday present ever if it works out!

Starting to feel positive again now

Xx

That's brill news Tina the ball is officially rolling fingers crossed you get your smiley when you expect it xxx

Thank you lovely! God I hope everything goes to plan this cycle. Excited, but dreading testing at the same time. At least I'm in the uk this time so I have some cheapie ovulation tests to back up the clear blue

Xx

hi ladies, no update. Rang Hewitt fertility centre in Knutsford. Lady on the phone she would get a nurse to ring me back and I missed the call! rang them back and they said they will ring me back and they didn't. left a voicemail on their answer machine so hopefully I will get a phone call tomorrow morning.
Yes Tina I am on the nhs but I technically should have started a cycle back in June/July so hoping they wont keep me waiting too long xx

ahhh ES I hope you are right, sending so many good vibes your way :)

How annoying when you miss a call though and then call back and nobody calls you back?!?! ARGGGGH most irritating thing EVER. It happens every time I call the Hewitt, they say "can I take your number and I will get a nurse to call you back?" and I am thinking "will you though??" and carry my phone around with my everywhere like a crazy person waiting for a response.

didn't sleep well last night girls, stupid period cramps had me awake on and off. That'd be one benefit from being pregnant, zero period cramps for 9 whole months!! ahhhhhh bliss :)

xx

the doctor is looking at my notes tomorrow so they said they would ring me tomorrow or Thursday. The nurse Said he may possibly want to see me for a consultation first...not too sure why? hope I can just ring up on day1 and get the ball rolling again xx

The womens are so spot on with everything ES, they will want to know that they have all up to date test results for both you and OH before starting any treatment. It's a good thing really, they just want to make sure you have the best chance of the treatment working.

We are obviously starting our second round at IVF and I swear we must have filled in about 50 forms the first time around and we've just had to fill in another declaration saying that we are still in a relationship and want our embryo transferring. It's never ending!

CD4 today, 5 days until ovulation testing begins!! I was going to start temping this cycle too but it's gone right over my head and I've forgotten all about it.

Janey how are you feeling my dear? Any preggo symptoms creeping in? VLW how are you? Rachel, any news at your end?

xx

I've started spotting so looks like af is brewing!! Come on and hurry up then we can get started!! I'm due probably Saturday so makes sense really. Bring it on haha!! I reckon I'll probably test everyday haha to make sure I don't miss it!! Will cost a bloody fortune in tests! Hope you get your smiley soon xxx

eeek haha who thought you'd see the day that you'd be excited to see spotting?!? The crazy world of infertility right there people!!

xx

Hahaha yer we go from dread seeing spotting to excited to seeing it 😂
Clinic just rang, doctor wants to see me first before starting treatment...more waiting 😖 Like you said Tina, they are covering themselves and giving us the best chances to conceive. Can't believe it's been over 5 years I have been on this journey!
Goodluck to everyone starting treatment soon!! 😊😊 xx

How exciting, Tina & Rachel it feels like this cycle has happened really quickly! I can't believe you're both around the same time that's really nice to go through the 2ww together. Try & get some things organised for 2ww. date night? long walk? read a book at night? meditation? I know it's difficult but I'm a great believer in positive thinking (although find it difficult to practice it!) I think the best way, is to be busy all the time when something is on my mind! Sorry if I'm preaching to the converted, just really want it to work for you both xxx

ES, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you start sooner rather than later. Annoying they want to delay it with a consultation but better that they want to get everything perfect for you. Like Tina said they are very thorough! I would call every morning and see if you can get a cancellation (that's what I did!) Hope you get seen as quickly as possible... and when you get your BFP you'll know it all happened perfectly xxx

I'm ok thanks Tina, no, no real symptoms still. Making me a little anxious but have my 1-2-1 midwife coming round on Monday and they said if I feel really anxious then he'll book me in for a scan early. But apart from snotty nose, there's nothing... Doesn't help to make it feel real! What about you VLW? Any more symptoms? 1-2-1 were excellent on the phone and even though I rate the NHS midwives, I struggled with BFing and would like more support from someone I've got to know. Although... my midwife is a man!!!! x

Wow Tina and Rachel things are getting going now hey!? When are you both starting opks? Yeh like Janey said try and relax if you can but you've been through it all before so at least you know what to expect. Got everything crossed for you both.

Aww ES it's so frustrating especially for you and everything you have been through. Do you know when they want to see you? Do you think it will be too close to start on your next cycle then? Keep us posted and your chin up :)

Hi Janey, tiredness has started to creep in now I'm trying not to go bed at 7pm every night and making myself stay awake till 9-9.30pm if I can. Sickness comes and goes though I just keep nibbling throughout the day. Wow your appointment has come through quick, I've got to wait another 3 weeks for my booking in appointment and by that time I'll be nearly 12 weeks?? Bit annoyed really but it must be down to the fact the midwife is only in the gp clinic on Thursdays only. Do you have to pay for 1-2-1 midwives then? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->