IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Rachel, I'm using the clearblue which flashes and then goes solid though last cycle I didn't get the chance to see a flashing smilie because by the time I started testing I got a solid smilie straight away

Babies, I'm so happy that your first round worked out! How come the women's transferred 2 embies? They were so against it when I had my transfer. We had 20+ Follies, 8 eggs, 7 developed and 2 made it to day 5. We've transferred 1 which was of course BFN so we are on to our one and only frozie.
We've been honest with my daughter and told her what's happening. She isn't stupid though she's only 5 and has heard lots of talk about getting a baby so we've just been honest and told her we are trying our best and hopefully we will get our miracle at the end of it all!

Xx

They were day 3 embies, not sure if because yours were day 5 it is different. They did try to advise against it strongly, but I was certain I was aware of the risks etc.

My little one is 3 so she isn't really aware of what is happening other than we have gone to the hospital a few times etc. She says she wants a sibling and it alternates between a baby sister mostly and a baby brother on occasion.
I'm just nervous about egg collection mainly because it will be a longer appointment. My little one is a mummy's girl and I hate to leave her for too long at one time.
How long were you there for egg collection to leaving to go home? I can't remember last time as it didn't matter how long we were there. Dh will have to do his sample, come home and watch little one while I go back for the egg collection.

I really hope we all get our bfps.

Rachel, I'm using the clearblue which flashes and then goes solid though last cycle I didn't get the chance to see a flashing smilie because by the time I started testing I got a solid smilie straight away

Babies, I'm so happy that your first round worked out! How come the women's transferred 2 embies? They were so against it when I had my transfer. We had 20+ Follies, 8 eggs, 7 developed and 2 made it to day 5. We've transferred 1 which was of course BFN so we are on to our one and only frozie.
We've been honest with my daughter and told her what's happening. She isn't stupid though she's only 5 and has heard lots of talk about getting a baby so we've just been honest and told her we are trying our best and hopefully we will get our miracle at the end of it all!

Xx

My little girl was 3 when we started trying for baby 2, I hope your journey has a happy ending sooner rather than later. I've struggled emotionally watching Evie grow up and she will be 6 in the summer and still no sibling. :( It's frustrating but we will get there!
Egg collection was over and done with pretty quickly from what I can remember. After waking up it was just a matter of coming round from the anaesthetic and I was on my way home within the hour. Just remember though that you should take it easy for the rest of the day after collection!

CD10 today, tested for the 2nd time for ovulation this morning and here are my results...

https://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t639/tinadecember1987/82065170-9D19-4A14-B634-71278BA98C1D_zpsqjjygd87.jpg

How different from last cycle! This time last cycle I had a solid smiley face.

xx

Thanks. I really hope we all get our bfps.

Hope u get the smiley soon.

My little girl was 3 when we started trying for baby 2, I hope your journey has a happy ending sooner rather than later. I've struggled emotionally watching Evie grow up and she will be 6 in the summer and still no sibling. :( It's frustrating but we will get there!
Egg collection was over and done with pretty quickly from what I can remember. After waking up it was just a matter of coming round from the anaesthetic and I was on my way home within the hour. Just remember though that you should take it easy for the rest of the day after collection!

CD10 today, tested for the 2nd time for ovulation this morning and here are my results...

https://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t639/tinadecember1987/82065170-9D19-4A14-B634-71278BA98C1D_zpsqjjygd87.jpg

How different from last cycle! This time last cycle I had a solid smiley face.

xx

Welcome babies... wishing you all the lucky for your upcoming cycle! x

OMG, it's imminent for you Tina & Rachel... eeek! Oh, my fingers are crossed for you both xxx How are you both feeling? It must be so much easier than having to start injecting. At my consultation the Dr said they have a better success rate in FET and some clinics don't do fresh cycles anymore. This could be it for you xxx

ES that's not far at all. Is that for a consultation? I reckon they'll put you to the top of the list. I know mine was a FET but they were eager to start me straight away & get the drugs out to me. Fingers crossed it's the same for you x

How are you VLW? Has your sickness increased or calmed? Did you get in touch with 1-2-1?
I had my booking in appointment yesterday with them. It was excellent, booked in my 12 week scan on a Saturday & midwife is coming back next week to take my bloods. Midwife offered loads of free classes including hypnobirthing, pilates & yoga... can't wait to get stuck in. Still don't really feel pregnant, not sleeping & boobs feel fuller, so dug out my maternity clothes! Roll on 20th for the scan xxx

Welcome babies wishing you lots of luck!

Tina/Rach so exciting ladies you'll soon see your smiley faces and can get going! It seems to go fast from starting opks :)

Let us know how you get on ES fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Janey I feel I have sickness all day long in waves (comes and goes), seems to be worse of an evening from tea time onwards all night. How about you? Any sickness? My one 2 one midwife is on annual leave this week but she phoned me last week for a half an hour chat. She's coming on the 3rd for an appointment at home and my 12 week scan is booked for 13th Feb - on a Sat too. I'm excited and so glad you recommended them I'm keen to stat pregnancy yoga and what ever else I can do! xx

Hi ladies nothing to report at this end had an exam today so relieved that's over with. With paying for Fet do you think we will have to pay for the rubella blood test?? Tina when do you think you will see your smiley??

Oh no VLW, I'm thankful that I've dodged sickness so far. Although, would like to not gain as much weight so I wouldn't mind 24 hours of it!!! Amazing, so glad you got set up with your midwife, it was so thorough and relaxed, basically they would assist me in anything I wanted. Oh I'm jealous you've got your scan a week before me... Wishing my weeks away now. Trying to keep busy and have something to look forward to pass the time x
Girls when you get your BFPs get registered with 1-2-1!!!!

Hey Rachel, what's your exam for? Hope it went well. How come you're paying for FET?

Janey, I had never even heard of 1-2-1 midwives before you mentioned it! Saying that, I haven't been pregnant for 6 YEARS!!!! I imagine a whole lot of shit has changed in that time frame. Great news that your scan is boxed off, it'll be here before you know it!

VLW, sorry that your LO is causing major sickness :( It's something I never really suffered with when I was pregnant with my daughter fortunately.

Rachel, what was the examination for? We are also paying for our FET and everything else that comes with it. I do imagine you will have to pay for your blood test. I think it was £50 when I had bloods taken at the beginning of our first IVF cycle.

I am expecting a smiley in maybe 3 days time, I am on CD11 today and still getting negative tests.

Girls I would like your opinion on something.. do you think I am cheeky if I ask for ultrasound guidance when I have my transfer? For those of you who weren't following the thread when I had my fresh cycle, the transfer process was AWFUL! I have a tilted womb which was apparently unbeknown to the doctor who was doing the transfer and she really struggled passing the catheter into my womb. The poor embryo had to be put back into its incubator after already being taken out and the process had to be repeated after I emptied my bladder.
All in all.. not a great time and I had a feeling at that point that our first go at IVF would be a negative one.
So when I had my follow up appointment with the consultant he too agreed that the transfer was difficult and the doctor who transferred had made notes on how badly it went. I expressed my concerns that I wasn't happy and that for the transfer for our frozen embryo I wanted ultrasound guidance so I know the catheter is definitely going into my womb.
He said yes, as long as there are staff available to ultrasound then it shouldn't be a problem.
I am paying them a lot of money to get this right, this is our last shot before starting a fresh cycle again and I want to know that the emby is definitely in my womb!

I am going to ask when I call up to say I have a positive ovulation test and to be honest if it can't be done then I won't feel settled transferring. What do you girls think?

xx

1-2-1 seems really great, my doctors haven't even contacted me yet they are useless. sickness is hard you ladies were lucky although I'm not complaining though I've waited years for this ha!

Tina if it makes you happy then ask for it, don't forget I have a tilted womb too and never had any issues either time in ET I just made sure my bladder was empty both times. It might have just been down to that individual doctor/nurse on the day, both time I had ET it was with different nurses. As you say you wont feel settled otherwise so defo ask xx

Tina I would be calling before hand and ask if you can get a call from a Dr. I would be saying that your anxiety is growing and you're worried in how this is affecting you during the cycle. As you say you're paying but even if you weren't this could be a factor as to why it was negative last time and you don't want it happening again. So the only way you'll have that peace of mind is to have the ultrasound xxx

Thanks girls, I did ask on my follow up appointment whether the bad transfer could have affected the embryo and I could tell the doctor didn't want to admit but he finally answered yes. I think there was just too much messing around with the embryo. It was all ready to go in the catheter and then it had to be removed again so I could go and empty my bladder

xx

Thanks everyone.
1 to 1 midwives sound amazing. I saw so many different midwives during my pregnancy that missed things like me being badly anemic and not re checking my blood levels and the midwife that I had in labour initially was awful. I ended up staying in hospital for 3 days and having a blood transfusion because I saw so many there was no continuity of care. If we get our bfp miracle will definitely be calling them.

Sounds really stressful re your transfer, Tina. Hope it all goes smoothly this time.

Rachel I had to have the rubella check and hiv and hep b for both me and dh.
It was 240 for the hiv and hep b for us both.

Hey ladies, I Always Check in to see how u are all doing and I love how alive this group has become again!!!
Babies 777 do u ever hear from Africa? I always wonder how she is doing? X

Hi, Nic! So nice to hear from you. Huge congrats on your little ones.

I haven't heard or seen any comments from Africa. I often think about her too and hope she got her miracle along with the other ladies who were trying too.

x

Hey ladies, I Always Check in to see how u are all doing and I love how alive this group has become again!!!
Babies 777 do u ever hear from Africa? I always wonder how she is doing? X

My exam was for my job part of a degree I have 3 more to go and cannot wait till it's over. We got our little girl from Ivf so we have to pay to have Frosties put bk in so presume we will have to pay for everything else too!! When do you actually pay as we've not been asked for any money yet. Hope you all good ladies xxxx

Was your LG the result of your first free IVF Rachel? If so, I was told FET was free as it's still classed as first IVF. Did they tell you, you have to pay? I think I remember you from 2013. I think you were pregnant a couple of months before me. My ET was Sept 13... is that right??? x

ahhh how lovely that some of the "oldies" (no offence there ladies haha) are re-appearing with great news that they have had success! Hope it's the case for us all in the near future.

We paid around 6 thousand for our fresh cycle of IVF because we already have a daughter who we conceived naturally, how? I'll never know! haha. So I thought our FET would be included in that 6 thousand as it was the same IVF cycle in my eyes but apparently not. We have to pay just over a thousand to transfer.
So I imagine it will be the same with you Rachel, they will try to pull the wool over your eyes by saying it isn't the same cycle. Which is a load of bollocks! It's just another way to get some more money out of you.

CD12 today girls, another negative ovulation test. I am becoming impatient already haha!

xx

The nhs changed their policy and if you have a life birth from an nhs cycle then you have to pay for any transfers after that. I kind of get it but we did originally get told we wouldn't have to pay and then changed it xxx

Yes Janey I had my cycle in July so was pregnant in the August!

Noooo way, I'm shocked, they didn't say anything to me when I called or during consultation about any payment. What if I'd have started treatment and then couldn't afford to pay! i thought I recognised your name Rachel!

Come on Ovulation..... Not long to go Tina x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->