IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

That's interesting babies! I wondered why I hadn't heard of it before! You must be so excited to start now :)

Feeling like my emotions are really heightened this afternoon. Can't keep still or relax!

Xx

Eeeeeeeek tina it all sounds great!! Is it official test day tmw??? Xx

Oh that explains it all then babies, atleast you know why your taking it now.
Everything crossed for you Tina xxx

Hi girls,

wish I had better news to celebrate this morning but unfortunately I have woken to bleeding so it's another failed cycle for us. :(

Gonna call the womens this morning and arrange a follow up appointment. Any advice girls on what I should do next? Feel like we've hit a brick wall. Why aren't my embryos implanting???

xx

So sorry, Tina. I hope the next cycle will be the one for you. Did u do the embryo glue or maybe an endo scratch. Hope the doctor can figure out a plan for you. Who do you normally see?

Hugs. So sorry.

Thank you babies,

the womens use endo glue with all transfers but I haven't yet brought up an endo scratch. Maybe it would be something to look into.

I have been looking on the womens website this morning and from early 2016 they are doing genetical testing for a fee on up to 8 embryos before transfer. It'd be interesting to know how much they are going to charge for that.

I have called the womens, just waiting on a phone call back

xx

So sorry to hear that Tina, can't imagine how upset you must be. It's not easy going through a failed cycle, big hugs!

I didn't know Liverpool used embryo glue I was never told about it anyway? I've heard to scratch can work as well so it might be another option to look at? They usually say though that they don't just freeze any embryo's they have to be a very good grade so maybe it is an implantation issue? Although that doesn't make much sense seeing as you already have a little girl? I'm not sure?

I hope you can get some answers, do you have any frozen left? xx

Yeah they definitely use endo glue with all transfers as normal practice, I was reading about it on those little screens in the waiting area and then the embryologist told me when we were transferring.

I can't understand it either Vicky, the consultant did say that you have a 1 in 3 chance of it working so maybe it's just not been our time yet.

We don't have any embryos left so it's back to a fresh cycle for us. We have the money there to start straight away so it's just a matter of getting a follow up with our consultant again to get the ball running.

I can't remember the name of our consultant Babies, I'll be sure to remember when they call me back!

xx

I hope u can get an appointment asap and he can come up with a plan of action for you.

Just replied to your other post. https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=283000.0 this has a lot of questions to think of.

So sorry Tina hope you get some answeres when you have your appointment. Did the Hewitt get back to you??

So sorry to hear your news Tina, hope your not waiting too long for a follow up appointment and they come up with a new plan of action for you. I hadn't heard of the endo glue if I'm honest xx

Yes the womens phoned back yesterday afternoon, the woman I spoke to was just offering her condolences and said that there is a councillor if we need it but that's not gonna be necessary. I have a good support group around me and we can get through it together.

My period is unusually heavy though which is concerning me and the cramps are worse than I'd normally have. Did anyone else experience this after a failed IVF? Not sure if it's normal or not

xx

I think after my failed cycle it was a bit heavier that usual and painful but that was after taking the drugs so I'm not sure as you did a natural FET didn't you?

What happens now, do you have to wait for a consultation follow up appointment to come through?

Hope you're doing ok? xx

Yeah mine was much heavier than usual but again I was medicated for all my transfers! Xxx

Hi girls,

yes vicky, it's back to waiting again now for an appointment to come through. To be honest it didn't take that long last time we failed so I am expecting to hear something in the next week or 2.

Been doing some research this morning on endo scratching. Did any of you girls have it before IVF? It seems that there's been a good bit of research done on it and there are proven results that implantation rates in women who have had continued failed IVF are higher with the scratching

I'm thinking of giving it a try with our next cycle....

xx

I must admit Tina if this cycles had failed for us I would have been enquiring about the scratch. At the end of the day it might be a bit uncomfortable but it's defo worth a try. I've heard good things from it so it's defo something worth asking about.

How are you getting on ES? Xx

I would definitely ask about the scratch Tina

I've had slight spotting any cramping today so hopefully af will be here tomorrow and I can start injecting tomorrow night. Will have to ring Knutsford on Monday as they are not there over the weekend xx

Af is here now, going to do my first injection at 8 😁😁 so nervous!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"