IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Injections weren't too bad at all, really surprised! Might feel different once I'm doing the 2 in 1 day! Haha. How's is everyone else?
Hope your not waiting too long for an appointment Tina! We need more bfps on here xx

eeeeek Ellie, I am so excited for you!!! Glad that the injections aren't too bad, when is egg collection day??

Vicky, how are the preggo symptoms going my dear? Are you starting to get a bump yet?

I'm okay girls, my period has gone now so just waiting on a follow up to come through. Did you know that the womens are starting to do embryo genetic testing from early this year? It's obviously going to cost a lot more on top of normal IVF but it might be something to look into

xx

Just had a phone call from the womens, they have had a cancellation for tomorrow at 11.30! It was either that or the wait would be until the end of March so obviously I bit their hand off.

I'll let you all know how it goes

xx

Glad injections are going well Ellie, they aren't too bad are they?

That's great Tina yeh defo better gong tomorrow, make sure you think of a list of questions too. Keep us posted.

I'm not sure you'd call it a bump I just look super bloated ha! Symptoms are subsiding now sickness has near enough gone luckily. My friend gave me a Doppler so been listening to the heartbeat :) xx

Good luck at your appointment Tina, keep us posted!
aw Vicky, you will have to post a bump picture for us! :)
I am surprised how easy they are to do! I think I am having a few side effects from them already though, had a bit of a dodgy belly n feeling sicky tonight. I am not complaining though, just glad we are finally on the right track. I have got to go for a scan on Thursday and Monday, so collection I am guessing will be a week Thursday/Friday xxx

Hopefully the side effects won't make you feel rubbish for too long but must mean their doing something inside which is good Es. We're starting to do ovulation tests tomorrow and hopefully get a smiley this cycle fingers are tightly crossed. Good luck for your appointment tomorrow Tina hopefully they can give you some guidance and advice. Hope everyone else is doing ok and the pregnant ladies are blooming xxx

Rachel, I am really crossing my fingers tightly that you'll get a positive ovulation test this time! It has flew over though, seems like yesterday when you started testing last cycle.

Ellie, I had a few sicky moments from the injections, like you said though it's all in the name of a BFP! How are you feeling about egg collection?

Vicky, I loved my doppler when I was pregnant with Evie!! I did become a bit obsessed though, I'd take it to work with me and everything. They're great though for reassurance when your symptoms are subsiding and you can't feel movements yet.

My appointment is this morning, I need to start writing a list of questions. I don't know where to start!

xx

Had my follow up appointment :)

We are starting a fresh cycle in about 3 weeks time once my period arrives. I've decided against having the endo scratch because he said that it is a waste of money and recent studies have shown that it doesn't make a difference.
We are doing a short cycle again but this time increasing the merional from 2 ampules to 3 in the hope that we will get more mature eggs.
He's still really insistent about transferring 2 embryos though because I'm young (28) and could end up with twins. I told him that we would be happy with twins and he started rambling on about birth defects and premature labour.

This is our last go, funds are running low and we need to spend as little as possible. I've had 2 failed single transfers and I personally want to transfer 2. Surely it should be our choice?

X

I think that too. At the end of the day it is you who will be taking care of them. I don't know how many we will ask to transfer this time. Part of me wonders if it actually does make a difference or not. Our second embryo never made it and would it if we had just transfered it at a separate time. Idk. It is really hard to say for sure. Are you doing the norestherone this time first?

Hope everyone else is well. I start taking the norestherone on Friday.

Glad it went well Tina and great news you can start again so soon. Hopefully upping the doses will increase the amount of eggs and you will be able to freeze more this time. I don't know they are quiet strict on transferring 2 embies and it is mainly down to age etc. I would just see how many embryo's you get this time - if you have plenty then go with the Dr's advice if you only have 2 or 3 then ask again.

Good luck babies xx

Hi babies, no norestherone was never mentioned to me! I assume I'll be doing the same mess as last cycle. Stims looking likely to start around 15th March!

When will your stims start babies?

Vicky, I'm more concerned about money. We will be paying another £6000 for this cycle then if it doesn't work it's £1200 for every FET. I'm worried that even if we have a few frozies that we won't be able to afford to use them

Xx

Just to butt in Tina as an old regular the fact you have some history behind you now they may be a little more flexible when it comes to the amount you transfer. I used donor eggs and had 3 transferred but only one took so you just never know xxx good luck x

Edit- I should add I had treatment in Greece they would never let you transfer 3 here xxx

:) that's reassuring bugs, thank you hun for your input! I had a talk with my OH last night when he got home from work and he is dead set against transferring more than 1. He said that we should trust the consultants words because he is the professional and that if we did end up with twins then I would have to quit my job and we couldn't financially afford it.

I am going to do my best to change his mind but it has to be a joint decision I guess.. I should really get him to read some stories of couples who have gone through this before.

xx

I have my drug appointment on Friday so will know for sure. The nurse said u take the norestherone for 10 days, but there were way more than 10 days worth in my medicines supplies. I called to ask and was told I had to wait until my drug appointment, but I probably had extras. It all sounds strange to me. Idk. I wonder if it depends which consultant you are under and whether they only do certain days for egg collection. Mine is Mr Drakeley.

I am also with Mr Drakeley Babies :) How do you find him? I think he is really honest which is what you want in a consultant really. Because we are private I suppose he could feed me a load of bull of what will work and rinse us for ever penny but he doesn't. He tells me when he thinks something won't work.

You will have extra meds in case you damage one or lose some etc... I always had extra of everything but just gave the left overs back when I was done with them.

Egg collection is every day, I think they even do it on a Sunday :)

xx

I have only seen him once tbh and our first appointment was really quick. I wanted Mr Russell as I did the dols trial with him and he was so good, but he was really booked up. I don't recall seeing Mr Drakely from our first cycle, but he runs the department now so the private patient person told me. It is the nurses that seem to be the ones I deal with the most and it was the same with my first cycle.

Babies - I took norethisterone and its one tablet 3 times a day so you would need at least 30 in your meds pack

Thank you. I have 62. Two packs of 30 and 2 tabs by themselves. I called Liverpool straight away as with paying for them I had to contact Pharmasure within 24 hours if they had made a mistake, but the triage person just said I had to wait until my drug appointment. I googled as there was no price listed for them and it seems they are pretty cheap, but I have enough for two people then. Lol.

Babies - I took norethisterone and its one tablet 3 times a day so you would need at least 30 in your meds pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->