IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

That's quite random! My clinic can have you on it for 10-17 days so maybe the drugs co just have a standard amount & yes it's cheap as chips so don't fret about the cost of it

Lol. Yes. I was looking at the two in the box alone thinking eh.

How were you on the meds? Any problems? I googled, but mostly found women taking it to stop AF if they were going on holiday. Not many for ivf.

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate it.

That's quite random! My clinic can have you on it for 10-17 days so maybe the drugs co just have a standard amount & yes it's cheap as chips so don't fret about the cost of it

I was absolutely fine on it. Just like being back on the pill really. Think AF came after 2 full days off it. My SIL also took it for her IVF cycle and my brother referred to them as the grumpy pills so be warned! They affect everyone in different ways!

Hope it all works out for you 😊

Thank u! Best wishes for your next fet.

I was absolutely fine on it. Just like being back on the pill really. Think AF came after 2 full days off it. My SIL also took it for her IVF cycle and my brother referred to them as the grumpy pills so be warned! They affect everyone in different ways!

Hope it all works out for you 😊

I'll be honest babies, I had never heard of them before you mentioned it! It's great though that you've found someone who has also tried them out and can give you some advice, I love this thread!

Rachel, have you started testing for ovulation yet?

xx

Hi Tina

Yeah got told to start on day 7 testing with having only a 26 day cycle instead of last month I got told to start on day 9 so hopefully this works better. I'm using both types of test as I had a few of the 4 day ones left from last cycle and got an empty one on both on day 7 and a flashy and empty on day 8 and 9. I reckon it will be tomorrow or say where I should get a solid one but guess we will see.

As if you don't have to wait too long to start your next cycle that's great news. hope it all goes ok for you and the injections aren't too bad. We have to start injecting the day of transfer on blood thinners as I have Leiden factor V which is a blood clotting disorder and I reckon that's why we struggle conceiving as my mum also had it and she struggled to get pregnant too. Just see it as if the injections help then it's worth it. Bring on the needles!!

yey flashing smileys! That's what we like to hear :D :D How are you feeling about your transfer? Sorry to hear about the blood clotting, like you said though, hopefully the injections will all be worth it when you get that beautiful positive!

xx

I just go with the flow really just try not to think about it until it's happening so not too concerned about it just hoping it falls on a sat so my hubby doesn't have to move his jobs about! Can't believe though I have an exam on the 7th when et should be around the 4th 5th nightmare!!

Glad things are happening for you again Rachel, fingers crossed everything goes to plan this cycle.
I went for a scan today, I had 16 follicles on 1 ovary and 18 on the other. Egg collection day is looking at Wednesday or Friday next week, depending on what the scan on Monday shows. She reminded me about being prone to over stimulating and that they may have to go ahead and freeze the embryos. They will know hopefully know on Monday or egg collection day xx

Ellie, that's a great number of follies!!! What sizes were they? They also told me that I would be prone to OHSS but nothing ever came of it. I think you'll be just fine.

Rachel, have we had a solid smiley today? crossing my fingers!

xx

No solid today another flashy and an empty o think it may be sat or Sunday hoping for Saturday so I can ring them that day rather than waiting but I guess any thing can happen as you all know. Another day down for you Tina so another day closer to starting wooo. Es that's brilliant your body's deff showing its working fingers crossed for your next scan xxx

it'll come Rachel! So frustrating though, I can sympathise with you.

Still waiting for the invoice to come through the post saying how much we have to hand over before treatment begins. I'll give it till mid week next week and if I haven't heard anything I'll give them a call to see where it is.

Eager for my period to arrive so we can get started! xx

I had a few at 12-13 and the rest were around 10 or under, is it 20 they need to get to?
Hope you get your positive this weekend Rachel! Xx

I got my smiley today so have rung up and waiting for a call back woooo hope your scan goes well on Monday xxx

I'm not sure if they have to get to a certain size but I think the biggest I had was 16.

Brilliant news Rachel xx

Great news Rachel!!! Have you had a date for transfer?

Ellie, how are you doing with the stims?

Had our quote through on Saturday morning, almost another 6 grand boo hoo :( :( I was looking at the list of meds and it seems that I am being prescribed the norithesterone. I never had this with my first cycle so have no idea why they've prescribed it this time.... What's the deal with it? When are you supposed to start taking it?

xx

Yeah we're going in on Friday. Do they tell you what you need to do when they ring you in the morning? I can't remember if you need a full bladder to do so? How much notice do they give you to get there as we're about an hour away?

They move quickly don't they when money's concerned!! Will you get a drugs lesson again or just got to do it?

Yeah we're going in on Friday. Do they tell you what you need to do when they ring you in the morning? I can't remember if you need a full bladder to do so? How much notice do they give you to get there as we're about an hour away?

They move quickly don't they when money's concerned!! Will you get a drugs lesson again or just got to do it?

Rachel, yes you will need to go in with a full bladder but to be honest they don't give very much notice. I got a call at just past 8am to say that they were taking the embryo out of thawing and then they called back at about quarter past 9 to say that it had thawed successfully and to be at the hospital for 10.30. So if I can give any advice just make sure you are up and ready!

How many frosties do you have hun?

No idea whether I will have another drugs lesson... I was just asked to call on CD1 so not sure what is happening really!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->