IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

sarah- thanx hun! yeah id give um a ring hunny, but im sure itl be fine hun!!!

polly- hope ur ok hun! DR is down regulating when u inject ur self with buserelin to make ur body go through the change! :$ i will be on buserelin until they tell me to stop!
after ive had a scan on the 21st june i should start my second injection aswell which is menapur which i take to help me produce lots of lovely eggs (fingers crossed) lol! a few days before my egg collection i stop these drugs and then take my HCG injection a few hours before i go in for my egg collection to release eggs ready to be collected, then they get fertilised into embies ready to get put back in within a 3 or 5 day transfer! then its pessarie time! for the 2ww hehe hope this kind of explains it all! ive probably got some bits mixed up, but thats the general idea of what happened in my ICSI cycle! hehe! xxx

Im just panicking hun cos i never had the MMR jab as a baby and i never had the Rubella jab in school so unless i actually had the rubella virus at some point during my life it means i am not immune and you cant try for a baby intill 3mths after the jab :-( really dreading being told im not immune as i cannot wait a further 3mths. My mum has to see my BFP xxx

awwww ofcourse hun, well my fingers are crossed! realy hope u can get started soon! and hope u get ur BFP very soon! xxx

Thanks Laura that explains a lot to me.
Fingers crossed Africa that your bloods are ok. I am still waiting on a letter from
Liverpool, nothing worse than playing a waiting game but hey ho it will pay off fir ys all & hopefully we will see some BFP in 2011.
I am just taking one day at a time and counting down to my week away in Newquay!! Hee hee.xx

Hi all, hope you are ok and had a nice relaxing BH. Mine wasn't as bad as I thought, I was surrounded by kids and pregnant women but being the big kid that I am I had a great time with the kids.

Laura, I am so excited for you, I hope it all goes well for you. Fx

Polly, I'm sure the letter should arrive soon. I feel your frustration when it comes to
waiting. I keep telling myself good things come to those that wait.

Africaqueen, not long now until you DH's SA. 1 week away. Same day as my consultation. I'm getting more and more nervous the closer we get to it.

Hi everyone

I have actually managed to get some sleep over the last couple of nights but my husband hasn't. I've been keeping him awake tossing and turning apparently! My bloating seems to have subsided too which is good.

Laura - You can't be much behind me. Hopefully we'll be getting our BFP together this month.

xx

Hiya girls :)

Cvaeh- Glad u are sleeping better and that you are less bloated. Your poor dh! haha x

Babydust- Yes not long now intill the 8th June! I will be going with dh i think as im on a late shift that day and he has to go in the morning and he is a big baby with needles ! lol x

Hi to everyone x

I had a shitty start to the day in work but it ended great with me and the MD actually really connecting and for the first time since i started there i feel like i count :) its a long story but basically they have been fantastic over the time iv had off for my mums hossy appts etc. I got home late an it was too late to call HC for my blood results so i will call them tomorrow when i get home as i finish at 4 tomorrow. Do i call the nurses station number or main reception for the blood results?? xxx

Hi everyone

I have actually managed to get some sleep over the last couple of nights but my husband hasn't. I've been keeping him awake tossing and turning apparently! My bloating seems to have subsided too which is good.

Laura - You can't be much behind me. Hopefully we'll be getting our BFP together this month.

xx

i know i hope so to hun, when did u start DR hun? im starting tonight! eeeeek so happy things are moving again! xx

Hiya girls :)

Cvaeh- Glad u are sleeping better and that you are less bloated. Your poor dh! haha x

Babydust- Yes not long now intill the 8th June! I will be going with dh i think as im on a late shift that day and he has to go in the morning and he is a big baby with needles ! lol x

Hi to everyone x

I had a shitty start to the day in work but it ended great with me and the MD actually really connecting and for the first time since i started there i feel like i count :) its a long story but basically they have been fantastic over the time iv had off for my mums hossy appts etc. I got home late an it was too late to call HC for my blood results so i will call them tomorrow when i get home as i finish at 4 tomorrow. Do i call the nurses station number or main reception for the blood results?? xxx

hey hun i would try nursing station hun, coz they can have a look at ur notes to find out! but if no luck just ring HC good luck hunny!!! im sure everything will be fine! :hugs:xx

Hi

Laura -I started down regulating last Tuesday so just a week ahead of you. I'm hoping when I go back on the 14th June I will be able to start on the stimulating drug. Did you have a period last time you down regulated? I have had no signs of one yet.

Africaqueen - Fingers crossed for your blood results xx

Hi

Laura -I started down regulating last Tuesday so just a week ahead of you. I'm hoping when I go back on the 14th June I will be able to start on the stimulating drug. Did you have a period last time you down regulated? I have had no signs of one yet.

Africaqueen - Fingers crossed for your blood results xx

hiya,
yeah hun i had a period it was just abit late!!! i go for my scan on the 21st to see if i can start my menapur! woop fingerz crossed for us both! xx

Fingers crossed for u both girls x

Im off to bed cos been a looong day and im shattered. Hope i manage to get home early enough to get my results. Eeek im so nervous! Nite all xxx

hi sarah, how u get on hun? did u manage to get ur results? hope its good news hunny xxx

Hiya Laura :)
I called for results and could not get through for half an hr... my first taste of HC phone system and i aint impressed! so ended up calling the north west fertility office number and the woman was lovely an said there was no nurses avail but she would forward my details and ask someone to call me on my mobile tomorrow as im off work tomorrow. So i hope someone does! dont need any more stress.
Hows u hun? xxx

awwww i know the HC arent very good at answeing the phone! its frustrating isnt it when ur tryna get thru! well i hope they ring u tomoz hun and u get ur results! im good thanx hun, just realy tired this week coz im on earlies hehe! zzzzzzzz im gunna go and snuggle in bed in a mo hehe! xxx

I am actually fuming!!!
A nurse from HC called me earlier and talk about attitude problem!!!
She started the call with pure attitude and said "the hormone level results are in" then i said "oh right, what were they? were they in normal range?" she says- "we cannot give you the results over the phone but they are available" so i am like "well if they are available when can i get them?" she just said at my consultation! then i asked about the rubella immunity and she said "i dont have those results in front of me so you will get those at the consultation too"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am FUMING!! Her attitude was like some sort of hitler and she sounded soooo put out that she was even calling me! what the f**k was the point of the call at all?!! now i am worried my hormone results are not good as she was unwilling to just say "yes" to my question of "are they in normal range?" What do u ladies think? DH has his SA and his bloods on wed morning so i am going to go with him and call in the HC to ask a nurse what my results are. Can i do this? I cant wait till consultation as il be out of my mind with worry and i need to know if im immune to rubella so if im not i can have a jab!!

On a good note tho, went for my scan before at arrowe park and she said my womb an ovaries are all very healthy and i have no cysts at all so my pcos has cleared up! yaaay. Also she said the pain i have been getting is down to scar tissue after my 2 tubal removals last yr. She did say i have a "retroverted womb" whatever that means... lol xxx

hi girlies, how r u all!

anyone upto ewt nice this wkend! xxx

sarah-awwww cant believe that hun, thats horrible!! try not to worry bout it hun! cant believe she wudnt tell u over the phone!!! thats shocking!
thats brill news that u have no cysts hunny! they said i had a retroverted womb to during my ivf! i think its when its tilted a lil bit! xxx

well girlies i hope ur all good! xxx

Laura- would they usually tell u over the phone? I am worried seeing as i was not asking for specific levels etc, all i asked was if the levels were within the normal range and she would not say yes... oh god i dnt knw how i would cope if the levels were bad xxx

Hi

I've just got back from having lunch with one of my best mates who I love to bits but she is 35 weeks pregnant and I'm so jealous. Is it wrong to be really really jealous and pleased for someone at the same time? I am determined to be pushing my pram with her this time next year!

Africaqueen - Have you got any further with your results? They probably can't give results out over the phone so try not to worry. A lovely nurse gave me a second number to try if I couldn't get through on the first which you can leave a voicemail on and they will get back to you on asap. Have they given you this number?

Hopefully this sunshine today is giving us lots of vitamin D which is meant to help IVF!!

xx

Hi everyone

hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely sunshine today.
well its 3 weeks today since i was told i was being referred and i have not heard a thing so call the secretary of the consultant that referred me to get some answers. Turns out my referral has been sent and LWH have received it but Mr Lewis-Jones has been on leave and is not back in until Monday so hopefully after about 10 days i should hear something. so i am a little more at ease now knowing they have at least had my letter.

so any news from anyone else??
Cvaeh i know what you mean, me and my wife had been trying for over 18 months when my friend who is straight rang and told me she was pregnant, i was so happy for her but at the same time so jealous. suppose its human nature to feel that way when you want something so much yourself.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->