IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi everyone

how did your scan go today laura?

I have just about come to terms with having nothing to transfer but still totally gutted. i have my follow up appointment with the embryologist in two weeks so i'm hoping he will say how we can move forward and try again. i've been reading that no fertilization can be down to immature eggs so i'm hoping the fact i only was on menopur for seven days before the trigger shot may be what caused the problem. i would have thought the embryologist that did the process would have been able to tell me this though so it could be a binding issue like she mentioned. we just have to look forward now but it is hard because the likelihood of getting pregnant naturally is even smaller now. i have been researching supplements that we could both take and found that omega3 6 9 are good and l'arginine for us both. anyone have any,advice?

sorry for my mistakes in this thread but i'm doing it on my phone x

Hi Cvaeh,

I'm new in this thread so hope you don't mind me replying? Really sorry to hear about what happened. Just noticed you mentioned that it could be a binding issue and asked about supplements. Do you mean your OH's sperm binding (sorry if i sound daft asking!)? It's just that this is our main problem so i have spent hour upon hour researching it!! My DH's first SA about 2 months ago showed really poor motility but, more worrying, 80% MAR binding. Anyway, i read loads on it and apparently high doses of vitamin c can help. DH started taking high doses of vit c (4000mg) and insisted on a further SA three weeks later. Results were still really bad but i noticed that the MAR binding had gone down to 60% which is still a major problem but maybe the vit C had started working! He is now taking loads of other supplements as well as the vit C in the hope of improving the situation - probably not to conceive naturally as this is unlikely but just to get himself in better condition for potential IVF (or more likely ICSI because of this problem!)

Really sorry if i've got the wrong end of the stick and gone on about that for nothing but thought it may help!

Hope you are feeling okay.xxxx

P.S. I have no idea what i have done when setting up my profile but i appear to have set the time wrong - i actually put this post on at 9.30am not 2.30am - i am obviously 7 hours behind on my profile :blush:!!

awwww thanku hunny, dnt feel to bad just a lil uncomfortable, thats all, goin out today ta a family birthday bbq buffet thing so lookin 4ward to that in this lovely sunshine hehe! u up2 ewt nice today hunny! xxx

Glad ur not too uncomfortable hun,take care. Relaxing this weekend,finished all my reports,woohoo! Oh is away with work. Going to take the dog for a walk now,even she's pregnant at the mo! Lol! Everyone except me! Little puppies due in the next 2 weeks! Hope u have a lovely day at the bbq. xxx

Hi Kennifer

I am not really sure until we go for our appointment in two weeks what the binding issue is. It was just mentioned on the phone that it could be this. It is possible that it is an issue with my dh sperm. Have you had a cycle of IVF that hasn't worked? Do they always test for MAR binding when they do a sperm analysis? I don't ever remember his sperm being tested for this. I will certainly be getting him some vitamin c to try so thanks for the advice. xx

Hi Kennifer

I am not really sure until we go for our appointment in two weeks what the binding issue is. It was just mentioned on the phone that it could be this. It is possible that it is an issue with my dh sperm. Have you had a cycle of IVF that hasn't worked? Do they always test for MAR binding when they do a sperm analysis? I don't ever remember his sperm being tested for this. I will certainly be getting him some vitamin c to try so thanks for the advice. xx

Hi Cvaeh,

Hmmm i'm not sure if it is this if it wasn't mentioned at the outset. We are only at the stage of being referred for our first appointment at LWH because after 2 years ttc, we went to our GP and my DH had two sperm tests just with the local hospital to find out if he was okay (second one done as DH refused to believe that his sperm could possibly be as bad as the results said!!). The binding showed up on both of them so i assumed it was traced on all SAs if there was a problem - i could be wrong.

Our GP referred us straight away on the basis of his results. He didn't tell us much so i have had to read up on it. The MAR binding can mean the presence of anti-sperm antibodies which cause the sperm to stick together, therefore effecting motility and making it EXTREMELY difficult for the sperm to penetrate the egg. I read yesterday that, if the binding is the problem then ICSI with IVF is the best way forward as the sperm is injected directly into the egg. Just thought maybe this was why there had been no fertilization in your case. I'm probably totally wrong but thought it was worth a mention!

Anyway, if it isn't this then the vitamin C is still really good for your DH (and his sperm!) so nothing to lose! :winkwink:xx

Hiya girls :)

Laura- Wow you have had a eventful few days! how are u feeling now? so if you are at risk of OHSS will they freeze the embies and then do a FET later on? fingers x'd it does not come to that but still better than having to abandon the cycle x

Cvaeh- Glad you are looking forward and hope u get some answers soon x

Jane- Not long now. I wish our appt was on the 19th. Feels like we are miles away from starting with this mmr delay :-( x

Del- Yaaay for the drugs arriving! u will soon be starting x

Polly- Hope all well with u and not long till ur appt now x

Kennifer- Welcome to our thread and best of luck x

Hi to everyone else x

I am feeling a lot better other than being hungover after the wedding! lol. me an dh are too old for all this lark now! haha. we were in a club till 3am and just made breakfast this morning in the hotel! the journey was a long one home! we had a lovely day and a good laugh. Only 4 days till my 2nd mmr dose now! glad the mth has gone fast. I am back at work on monday so planning a relaxing day tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a nice wkend xxx

hiya sarah,

im feelin ok just abit uncomfortable been told to rest and drink lots of water! hehe! im goin in on monday for EC and she said we will know on monday by how many eggs i have if they are gunna freeze and leave for 3 months! or just go ahead as normal! so will find out deffo after EC! fx it all goes ok, but we realy are sooooo grateful to not have the cycle abandoned! phewwww still gettin over it!!!!! dunno what we wud of done, coz we havent got that type of money to pay for it, it would take yrs! xxx

hope ur good hunny and glad ur better :) xxx

Aww well im glad things look like they should go ok hunni.
You get plenty of rest and drink tons of water! what time is EC tomorrow?
Cant believe how quick its come around for you! xxx

sarah- i know me and phil was saying that! its gone sooooo quick! i have to be on the unit for 7.30 am and itl be about 8ish 8.30 when i have it done!!!! im a lil nervous today!!! hope uve had a nice wkend hun!! xxx

hi girlies,

how r we all, anyone done ewt nice over the weekend!

a nice sunny day again! woop :)!!! xxx

Lots of luck tomorrow Laura hope they got lots of healthy eggs for you. We are at lwh tomorrow too to drop off hubbys swimmys hopefully they have been working out and are fighting fit tomorrow.

:flower:

hi girlies,

how r we all, anyone done ewt nice over the weekend!

a nice sunny day again! woop :)!!! xxx

Laura- Ah nice an early is best as you dont have all day to be nervous then. You will be fine hun. Just keep fingers crossed for a fresh transfer but at least u know it can be FET if you show signs of OHSS x

Babies- Good luck with hubby's SA x

I have just had a delicious roast chicken dinner that i cooked myself an now i am bloody roasted! got the fan on an all windows open! lol. Gonna get my stuff ready for work and have a bath later when it cools down a lil bit xxx

Hi girls! how's everyone doing? The weather's been Lovely! I've been out in the garden all day!
just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow Laura,hope all goes well and fx for a fresh transfer later on this week Xx
Africa,glad ur better hun Xx

Glad ur ok Del. Its roasting isnt it?! im waiting for it to cool down a bit before i get my bath etc as i cnt move im so hot! lol xxx

Hi Africa! Yeh,it's been sooooo hot today. I'm waiting for oh to come home,long weekend without him! Just been watching the weather forecast,not so good after tomorrow! How u feeling about going back to work 2moz? Xx

Im leaving for work soon Del as im on a 12-8 shift all wk an off the wkend. Dreading it tbh as it feels like sooo long ago that i was in there, even tho it was only 2wks. Hope i have a ok day to ease myself back into the mayhem x

Laura- Hope EC has gone well today hun! il be online after 8pm to get update x

Hi everyone

Hope ur all ok.

Hubbys swimmys are at the lab.

Bit of a nightmare tho as he didnt get it all in the pot :cry: then we got stuck in traffic and only just made it to the lab at the last minute but its done now thankfully. We dont get the results until the 2 Aug when we have our next appointment :growlmad: but patience is a virtue and all that :haha: Only my ultra sound to go on the 14th then hopefully we will find out on the next appointment whats going to happen.

Lots of luck to Laura today and hope everyone is good.

:flower:

Hi all, hope you all ok and enjoying the lovely weather. I'm back at work this week :( really struggled to get out of bed this morning. must have hit the snooze button about 10 times. May finish early and work from home.

Laura how did it go this morning?

Africa glad you feeling better and getting back into the swing of things.

Welcome kennifer

Babies got my fx for you.

Hey girlies what a hot day to be at work.

Africa hope the first day back has gone ok and your feeling better.x

Laura how did it go today hun with the EC?x

Babies, at least you got the swimmers there thats all that matters.x

Hi to everyone else and welcome Kennifer.x

hiya girlies,

today went realy well thanx, thanku all for ur kind wishes hehe!
they managed to get 17 eggs! woop better than last time! there considerin a fresh transfer now as ive lots of bloods done today and they came back ok woop! so should go in thursday of saturday! should find out more tomoz when they ring!!! soooooo made up just got everything crossed for lots of embies now!!! xx grow embies grow xx

hope all u lovely girlies are ok!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"