IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Evening ladies.
I just popped on to see how you had got on today Polly - gutted for you, but as the others have said, fingers crossed the bloods show something up and then you can progress.
Congratulations on being and Auntie, Laura!
Melbram - welcome, I don't think I've said hello yet?!

Well we have our appointment tomorrow, finally! Keep your fingers crossed for me that it all goes well and we get the green light to start!

Long story, but looks like we might have to tell our families what's going on soon, we really wanted to keep it quiet, but not looking possible. Any advice on how to handle it?

Thanks girls xxx

Good luck for tomorrow Jane. Hope its positive news and u can start on ur next cycle.
I cant wait to get our appt date through as its been sooo drawn out for me an dh with this rubella thing :-( xxx

Polly- Just wait an see what results say hun and all is not lost cos if all is fine, it means u can get pregnant naturally and i know a couple who tried for 4yrs and nothing, they split up and a few mths later she was pregnant to her new guy and a yr later her ex fella had got his girlfriend pregnant so some ppl are just not compatible in that respect and if you change donor or go for IUI with donor sperm that will be cheaper than IVF and give u a fab chance combined with fertility drugs so dont lose hope xx

Babies- Is it your joint consultant appt in Aug? good luck! nearly there xx

I am just counting these 9 days down now to get this blood test out the way and then the result in an then we are good to go and i will harrass them to bits to fit us in fast after all this delay! lol xxx

Yes, we had our 1st one back in June and the consultant said they wanted hubby to do a second sa and me the ultra sound and then we go back on the 2nd August together to sort out next stage. The consultant said at the last appointment that unless hubbys sa improved hugely then icsi was the next stage and they would confirm that at our Aug appointment, then go onto pie. I still hope that this recent sample will be better as the last one was really bad but have to be realistic and just hope for the best either way whether thats natural or icsi. If they confirm that at the aug appointment depending on when the pie is we might be going through treatment the same time as you :flower:

Hi everyone - quick update from my appointment...

All bloods were fine, but the latest fly in the ointment is that we may not be able to start on my next cycle! I had a (mildly) abnormal smear months ago, which I told them about and am due for a check up in Oct. The consultant there said that it was ok to keep trying etc, but the nurse today said that she would like to check with Mr Kingsland if he is happy to start now, or to wait til I have had a check up! Quite frustrating!!

I should get a call back on Thursday about it, but am going to be so cheesed off!!

The other key thing from today was the information I was given about the number of embryos they will transfer. The nurse started off by telling me that in women of my age (32) the New 'Policy' is to only transfer one embryo. I pressed her on this (DH said I was like a dog with a bone!), saying that I hadnt seen anything on this new policy and was it new, to which she replied 'fairly new'.
Finally, she managed to say that it isnt a legal requirement just their strong advice. A bit naughty really.

It irritated me, because some people might just go in there and accept what is said on face value.

Oh, and she did say that when you ring up on day 1 of your period, they may not have space for you that month, so you would be booked into the following month.

A little bit more waiting for me then, joy of joys.

Rant over - how is everyone?! xx

Hi ladies, hope your all ok and keeping yourselves busy in the midst of all the waiting.

Polly I am so sorry to hear about the funding, I hope your bloods come back saying you can be funded. Fx

Jane - I'm glad you stuck to your guns, and thanks for sharing that as that is my main concern. I am 29 and im really worried they will push me into accepting one. They keep saying the chances are the same but everyone I know that have IVF/ICSI have all lost one and carried one. If this IS a new policy that is coming into place I hope it's not for a while.

Laura hope your keeping well and congrats on becoming an aunt. :)

Jane- Glad your appt went well but bit of a farce that you ring on cd1 and may not be able to commence that cycle! also very naughty to say u are only allowed one embryo! i am deffo pushing for 2 and dh says as long as i can cope with twins(he works away a lot) then he is more than happy for 2 :) good on you for sticking to your guns! im 30 so they will deffo push me to have 1 but they are wasting their breath as the decision has been made by me an dh. Good luck with starting on your next cycle x

Laura- When is your OTD hun? is it tomorrow? x

Hi to everyone else and hope we are all coping with the terminal waiting! grrr xxx

Hi ladies, hope your all ok and keeping yourselves busy in the midst of all the waiting.

Polly I am so sorry to hear about the funding, I hope your bloods come back saying you can be funded. Fx

Jane - I'm glad you stuck to your guns, and thanks for sharing that as that is my main concern. I am 29 and im really worried they will push me into accepting one. They keep saying the chances are the same but everyone I know that have IVF/ICSI have all lost one and carried one. If this IS a new policy that is coming into place I hope it's not for a while.

Laura hope your keeping well and congrats on becoming an aunt. :)

Hi babydust

Thanks, i am also hoping that my bloods come back not great but i very much doubt it and even if they do and i can somehow get funding the provision for donor sperm is low so would have to wait even longer. fingers crossed anyway

hope everyone is well.x

Hi ladies,hope ur all well x
Busy few days on the thread,just been catching up with all your posts.

Polly,sorry that things didn't go as well as you had hoped,fx that they will pick something up so u can get your funding. How long untill u get your results? Chin up hun,i know it's hard. U will get there xx

Jane,just wanted u to know that ive had 2 embryos put back twice and i was only 28 at the time,that was in Nov last year and march of this year. Stick to your guns hun if thats what u want. They didnt give me any hassle over it. Hope u can get started on your next cycle xx

Africa,u ok hun? How's your mum? Xx
Laura,hope u are well and taking it easy. Not long till test day now! fx xx

Hi babydust,babies,Melbram and everyone else xxx
All is well with me,waiting for Af to arrive any day now so i can ring liverpool. Xx

Hi Del.
Hope AF arrives asap so u can get the ball rolling :)
My mum is getting worse rather quickly the past few wks so i cant wait to get this rubella blood test done next wk and then get the results and il push like mad for a fast cons appt as we have had a major delay already and i want my mum to see me properly overjoyed for the first time in ages before anything happens xxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well.

It was def interesting reading what Jane said re the whole number of embies you can have back. We def want two as surely it increases your chances of one of them implanting also as they are not following nice guidelines and allowing 3 attempts they should at least let you have 2 back in, give us a chance!

Anyways rant over

Hello to everyone else :flower:

hiya girlies!

hope everyone is good!!!!!!!!!!

we did a test today! got a BFP!!!!!!!!!! so im 4 weeks pregnant today! realy cant believe it! its still nott sunk in yet!!!!!!!! omg!!!!

we r goin LWH tomorrow to see dr Russel as we r taking part in the DOLS trial which is when they give u the pessaries for up until 12 weeks to see if its beneficial as they think it can prevent miscarriage! but cant do any harm at all so we r givin it a whirl! the good thing about it is, for them to thank us for taking part, i can have a scan whenever i want to in the first 3 months!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeek so excited still dnt believe it after 2 tests today! lol might ask if i can have a scan tomoz to put my mind at rest that its in the right place and stuff! so it can work ladies!!! :) wishing u all tonnes of luck!!!!!!!!! and ofcourse BFPssssss!!!!!!!! xxxx

hiya girlies!

we did a test today! got a BFP!!!!!!!!!! so im 4 weeks pregnant today! realy cant believe it! its still nott sunk in yet!!!!!!!! omg!!!!

we r goin LWH tomorrow to see dr Russel as we r taking part in the DOLS trial which is when they give u the pessaries for up until 12 weeks to see if its beneficial as they think it can prevent miscarriage! but cant do any harm at all so we r givin it a whirl! the good thing about it is, for them to thank us for taking part, i can have a scan whenever i want to in the first 3 months!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeek so excited still dnt believe it after 2 tests today! lol might ask if i can have a scan tomoz to put my mind at rest that its in the right place and stuff! so it can work ladies!!! :) wishing u all tonnes of luck!!!!!!!!! and ofcourse BFPssssss!!!!!!!! xxxx

Hi Hun

thats great news congrats and fingers crossed. is this your first cycle of IVF?
(cant remember).
We are unsure what to do about things now after appointment on Monday as i think deep down that the hormone bloods will come back fine as this will be the third time i have had them done and the last twice they came back fine.

Congrats again.x

stickypolly- awwww hope i know it sounds weird but hope they dnt come back fine hunny! and u have a shot at it!!!!!! this is our 2nd cycle hun wiv no frosties!!! so fingerz crossed it carries on good! wishing u lots of luck hunny!!!!! my fx for u both!!!!! xxx

stickypolly- awwww hope i know it sounds weird but hope they dnt come back fine hunny! and u have a shot at it!!!!!! this is our 2nd cycle hun wiv no frosties!!! so fingerz crossed it carries on good! wishing u lots of luck hunny!!!!! my fx for u both!!!!! xxx

Thanks hun, well we are hoping something will come back wrong but i am finding it hard to stay positive at the moment.
If not we have found a clinic in Manchester where the fertility costs are cheaper so maybe go down that route if we have to self fund.x

hiya girlies!

OMG! Cried when i read your post! Huge congratulations! I bet u cant belive it! I will ask about the trial when im there next,did read something about it when i was there last Wednesday. 8m so happy for u both. Gives me hope for my next cycle! Really hope i'm next xx congrats again. Take it easy Xxx

So happy for you, that is the best news. I ran upstairs telling my hubby you were pregnant too he said congrats.

I happy and healthy 9 months for u, u deserve it.

xx:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

hiya girlies!

hiya girlies!

That is fantastic news congratulations to you both!!!:happydance:

Laura- Aaaaaaaah im sooo happy for u hunni!!:bfp::baby::dance:

CONGRATS and a happy and healthy 9mths!:cloud9:

I am sooo excited to get started now as u are the 5th of my friends online to have got a BFP in the past few wks from LWH :)

xxx

Laura - whoo hoo!!! Massive congratulations to you both, brilliant news. I cant imagine how good it must feel to get that news, but fingers crossed I will soon!!

LWH just rang me up to let me know that Mr Kingsland said we can start with my next cycle, so I am made up - about 10 days til I can ring them up! Little bit scary now that it's all real actually!

Going back to what I said regarding number of embryos they'll put back - I'm fairly sure that they don't have a new 'policy' of just putting one back in women under 36. They may very well be trying to encourage that, to meet their HFEA targets of reduced multiple births, but there is no rule.

The nurse pulled out all the horror stories to 'put us off' - 2 splitting into 3, risks to mum, baby etc etc, which I'm not saying don't exist, but I feel that we weren't given a fully representative picture. We havent even said we defo want 2, but just in case, I wanted to be clear!

Anyway, back to the exciting news Laura - has it sunk in yet? xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->