IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

awwww sarah! thats such a lovely msg u just made me cry!!! xxx good luck hunny, not long for u now eeeeeekkkk xxx

Hi girls,everyone ok?
Super news Jane,won't be long for u now. I'm having accupuncture this time round hun,find it relaxing,not having any sessions after embryo transfer though,will have my last session the night before transfer. It's also very expensive at £37 per session. Not sure if It's doing any good but i'm willing to try anything! X

Laura,how ru feeling today hun? Did u get through to the nurses this morning? x

Africa,count down to your appointment now hun! X

Well I had the scan this morning,they are very happy with me,I had some lovely sized follies! I'm having my trigger shot at 8pm tonight! I'm going in for egg collection at 7.30 Wednesday morning!! It's going to be a very early start for us! Can't belive that it's come round so quick. I really really hope that it will be third time lucky for us! Xx

hi hunny, yeah got thru to the nursing station after 2 hours of tryin!!!! they never answer the phone! the nurse said shes gunna speak to Dr Russel tomoz and let me know as i might have to go in for a early scan! which i realy hope so coz itl put my mind at rest, yey sooooo glad u have some lovely follies hun!!! yipeee cant wait for u to have ur EC and transfer! woooop bring on the BFP! xxx

Yep Laura i am sooo excited!

Off to bed now so nite nite and chat tomorrow xxx

Hi ladies! How's everyone doing today?
Laura,how r u feeling hun? Pain still there? Did u have a 3 or 5 day transfer this time? Don't think i'll be able to have a 5 day as it falls on a Sunday! x
Africa,Nat sounds like a wonderfully strong lady x

I'm not up to much today just relaxing! Xx

sounds good hun, im off on hols this week so im just having a lil tidy and clean of the house then chillaxin to hehe! im ok thanx feel a lil sick but apart from that im good! i had a 5 day transfer like last time hun, had it on a saturday morning this time tho hehe! xxx

Glad ur feeling better hun,take it easy. I'm just a little worried that i will have to make do with 3 day transfer or 4 if they decide on a sat morning transfer. Feeling a little nervous about the whole thing now,so scared that it will be yet another fail Xx

Glad ur feeling better hun,take it easy. I'm just a little worried that i will have to make do with 3 day transfer or 4 if they decide on a sat morning transfer. Feeling a little nervous about the whole thing now,so scared that it will be yet another fail Xx

hi hun, just chill and take it easy, a four day transfer? when i had mine they told me they wouldnt do a 4 day transfer it had to be 3 or 5 day, as day number 4 is some kind of transition day for the blasto so they wouldnt put it back then. a friend of mine had a 18 day transfer last week, shes goin thru birmingham tho, her consultant said the chance of it sticking was more likely the longer they leave putting back. ive got my fingers crossed for u xxx

Thanks foxey. Yes I also thought it was strange when they said that they would go back on Friday or Saturday. I will ask them tomorrow before they do the collection,didn't realise it was possible to leave them for more than 5 days! It's amazing what they can do! I will just have to go on their advice. Hope ur well hun,little babs will soon be here! xx

Thanks foxey. Yes I also thought it was strange when they said that they would go back on Friday or Saturday. I will ask them tomorrow before they do the collection,didn't realise it was possible to leave them for more than 5 days! It's amazing what they can do! I will just have to go on their advice. Hope ur well hun,little babs will soon be here! xx

i didnt realise they did longer than 5 day either, maybe 5 day is liverpool woman's policy but you would think it was the same nationally. saying that the whole ivf thing is a postcode lottery. im good thanks black and blue inside from the little one but its all gonna be worth it. good luck tomorrow ill keep an eye out for your posts xxxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well.

We had our appointment today and been put forward for ivf with icsi officially. The gyno consultant said he would pass the files onto the ivf team and they would take it from there. Do you just wait for your pie appointment to come through the post or do you have to chase them up?
The consultant did put the cat amongst the pigeons tho and said we had two options, icsi or to be ref to the andrologist as dh has moderate oligoasthenozoospermia and they could do more tests and maybe try clomid for dh and see if that helped. If they couldnt find anything that could be causing it then we would be ref for icsi. We were in two minds as obviously the possibility of them finding whats wrong with dh and fixing it so we could conceive naturally would be amazing but the chance that they could just say they cant do anything and to be back where we started is so risky. The process would take up to a year and who knows if funding or waiting lists for icsi will have changed then so i think its too risky and we opted for icsi now. Im still in two minds but think in the long run there is no guarantee they could find the cause of his sperm issues and where would we be then.

Hope its the right decision and icsi works for us and everyone else too. :flower:

Hi girls.

Del- I am sure u will be fine with whatever day transfer you have x

Babies- That is fab news! what will happen is, you will get some forms for u and dh to fill out and send back to the clinic with your name and address and date of birth on etc within a couple days and then a couple days later you will get your PIE invite as thats what happened with us :) we had referral in early April and PIE was may 23rd so bit of a wait but depends on numbers etc. The ball will soon be rolling for you x

Hi to Laura, Foxey, Babydust, Polly, Melbram, Jane and Caz x

Well girls our appt is on thur so i thought id call HC today and ask matron about starting this cycle at a push as my mum is declining so fast and if there is a chance of me getting pregnant i would love for her to be able to hear our news... well the nurse spoke to matron and called me back and said deffo not this cycle as i would be cd13 on thur and they are booked solid this mth and they would most likely look at Oct cycle for starting drugs!! WTF?!! That means actual EC etc would be Nov!!
This is due to the fact they are so busy and all slots are booked in for next mth except 2 and they will get booked in with tomorrows couples who have the cons appts so we are missing out. I begged her to book us in before they go and she would not without us seeing cons first and by then too late so i have been crying all day.
Other women who went the PIE with us are probs starting soon and we got so delayed through the rubella thing and now they wont push us forward at all! i am so unhappy. If the cons says the same on thur, i am applying to manchester to see what their waiting time is, as i cannot wait any longer. I am going out of my mind here xxx

Africaqueen don't get too bogged down with what matron said, wait until tomorrow and see what doc says. It may be too late to go with this cycle but he may say ring back on your next cycle. Also the couples tomorrow may have a delay like you did and the slots may still be there.

I know it's really upsetting and frustrating but be strong. It may not mean much to you but it is Ramadan I will be saying a little special prayer for you that you hear what you want tomorrow. I was told that if you really push the doc, get upset and demand things they tend to give in.

This news has got me a little bit worried too, I was hoping to start with sept cycle but if it is full I'll have to wait too. :(

Good luck tomorrow and try not to worry until you have spoken to a doctor. (I know it is easier said than done)

Babydust- Thank you so much and altho i am not muslim, ramadan means a lot to me as my hubby is muslim and i spent a lot of time in north africa and find this mth very peaceful so thank u and i will keep calm and see what Dr says tomorrow. I hope we both get to start in Sep and we can be cycle buddies xxx

Hi girls,how's everyone doing today?
Africa,hope u get some sense when you have your cons,you never know they might squeez u un. I really do hope so,Xx

Laura,how's the week off going? xx
Jane,any further thoughts about accupuncture? Xx
Hi to babies,babydust,melbram,Polly,cvaeh,foxey and everyone else that follows.

Well.....had my egg collection early this morning. Everything went well,they got 16 eggs which is less than last time,but still a lot!! I was hoping for less than that to be honest seeing as i was on a different protocol and on a much lower dose of stims. I've been told to drink lots of water to prevent ohss. They will ring me in the morning to let me know how many have fertalized. I'm feeling tender and in a little discomfort,have slept all afternoon xx

Hi ladies

Hope you are all doing ok?

Africaqueen - try not to get too ahead of yourself and stress yourself out. When we had our consultants appointment, they said that you can always ring up around day 15 to see if they have had any cancellations - so it must happen. Also, what's to say that one of these two couples they have 'reserved' a spot for, wont get pregnant naturally in the meantime - it could happen. Wait til tomorrow and see!

Del - I think I will have a go at acupuncture, what's another few needles...! Will do it at HC as will just be easier for me, so need to fish out the leaflet and give them a ring. Good luck for tomorrow too - you rest up!

I received a phonecall this morning from Pharmasure about delivery of my drugs!! Argh! They are coming to my work on Friday, although I wont be starting for another 2 weeks or so.

What are the needles like? Are they proper syringes, or diabetic-type pens? xx

Africa,hope u get some sense when you have your cons,you never know they might squeez u un. I really do hope so,Xx

Well.....had my egg collection early this morning. Everything went well,they got 16 eggs which is less than last time,but still a lot!! I was hoping for less than that to be honest seeing as i was on a different protocol and on a much lower dose of stims. I've been told to drink lots of water to prevent ohss. They will ring me in the morning to let me know how many have fertalized. I'm feeling tender and in a little discomfort,have slept all afternoon xx

awww thats brill hun, u got just one less than me hehe this time round! hehe! u rest up and take it easy! bet ur excited bout finding out how many embies u have! will they ring you tomoz to let u know? fingerz crossed and grow embies grow!!! xxx

hi girlies,

how r we all!

im enjoying my time off! morning sickness has kicked in this week lol but im not actually sick, just feel it near enuff all day hehe! oh well its well worth it! sooooo excited but nervous to about my scan nxt week! just hope everything is ok!

good luck to all ur upcoming appointments girlies! xxx

Hi to everyone and lots of look for those with appointments and scans coming up.

Africa thanks so much for the info, will wait for the letter now, i am nervous about it all but if thats the only way to have a baby then it has to be done. I really hope they fit you in, my mum died in 2003 from cancer so i understand your desire to want her to be there when you have the bestest news, lets hope someone up there is looking out for us and we get our bfps soon.

Hugs to all

awww thats brill hun, u got just one less than me hehe this time round! hehe! u rest up and take it easy! bet ur excited bout finding out how many embies u have! will they ring you tomoz to let u know? fingerz crossed and grow embies grow!!! xxx

Thanks Laura. Yes they will ring me in the morning! Aaaaaaa! I'll keep u posted! I'm keeping everything crossed! Not feeling too good tonight,in a lot of pain,have taken paracetamols. Not long till your scan now hun! Exiting stuff Xx

it made me feel crappy after EC! u just rest up hun and u should hopefully feel better in the mornin! awww im praying u get lots of lovely embies hunny! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->