IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Morning girls! Everyone ok?
The embryologist phoned this morning,12 eggs were mature enough to be injected and 8 have fertilised. They will phone me saturday morning with an update,might go in saturday for transfer or monday. xx

Hi ladies

Hope you are all doing ok?

Africaqueen - try not to get too ahead of yourself and stress yourself out. When we had our consultants appointment, they said that you can always ring up around day 15 to see if they have had any cancellations - so it must happen. Also, what's to say that one of these two couples they have 'reserved' a spot for, wont get pregnant naturally in the meantime - it could happen. Wait til tomorrow and see!

Del - I think I will have a go at acupuncture, what's another few needles...! Will do it at HC as will just be easier for me, so need to fish out the leaflet and give them a ring. Good luck for tomorrow too - you rest up!

I received a phonecall this morning from Pharmasure about delivery of my drugs!! Argh! They are coming to my work on Friday, although I wont be starting for another 2 weeks or so.

What are the needles like? Are they proper syringes, or diabetic-type pens? xx

hi there proper syringes hun, dont be alarmed when u c the size of the needles as there are two, the big ones are for mixing the little ones are for injecting x

The embryologist phoned this morning,12 eggs were mature enough to be injected and 8 have fertilised. They will phone me saturday morning with an update,might go in saturday for transfer or monday. xx

did u enquire about a longer transfer? x

They said that a 3 or 5 is standerd and that embryos have a better chance in their natural environment. Will look into longer transfer in more detail if this one fails.
How are things with u? How many embryos did u get?? Xx

They said that a 3 or 5 is standerd and that embryos have a better chance in their natural environment. Will look into longer transfer in more detail if this one fails.
How are things with u? How many embryos did u get?? Xx

fingers crossed everything will be fine for you!!!! i got 14 eggs and they all fertilised, one put back and one frozen. im good thanks. good luck with the transfer x

Awww thats brill hunny! good luck for ur transfer day! woop! grow embies grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance: xxx

That is great news del. I really hope this is it for you. Fx and praying those embies grow good for you :)

How did it go today africaqueen. Been thinking about you.

Hey Laura how is our newest mum to be. Hope the yucky feeling of morning sickness is not too bad.

Jane / foxydevil those needles sound scary. Really not looking forward to becoming a pin cusion

Hope everyone else is good.

Hello Everyone just thought id do a quick post to say good luck to all of you with up and comming appointments

Africaqueen - hope it went well today :thumbup: and hope you manage to get a sooner appointment!

Del - Great news for you - hope it all goes well and you will soon be geting a BFP:happydance:

Laura: Hope you are doing well and its all finally sinking in :cloud9:

Im still waiting patiently for my first appointment....:wacko:

Hello Everyone just thought id do a quick post to say good luck to all of you with up and comming appointments

Africaqueen - hope it went well today :thumbup: and hope you manage to get a sooner appointment!

Del - Great news for you - hope it all goes well and you will soon be geting a BFP:happydance:

thanx hunny, yeah its sinking in now! but still cant believe it! hehe im still feeling abit yucky wiv nausea but apart fom that im all good hehe! hopw ur ok hun! xxx

That is great news del. I really hope this is it for you. Fx and praying those embies grow good for you :)

How did it go today africaqueen. Been thinking about you.

Hey Laura how is our newest mum to be. Hope the yucky feeling of morning sickness is not too bad.

Jane / foxydevil those needles sound scary. Really not looking forward to becoming a pin cusion

Hope everyone else is good.

hi hun, the yucky feeling is still there but hey ho hehe! its a good reason why ive got it! hope ur good hunny! dnt worry bout injections hun, there not that big and once uve done one or two u become expert and dnt feel um hehe! xxx

thanx hunny, yeah its sinking in now! but still cant believe it! hehe im still feeling abit yucky wiv nausea but apart fom that im all good hehe! hopw ur ok hun! xxx

Im good thank you just wish things would speed up a bit! Im loving your picture!

hehe thanx! im always looking at that pic hehe! awwww i hope ur appointment comes quick hun! xx

Del- FAB news! get plenty of rest and good luck for phone call tomorrow x

Babies- I am so sorry you lost your mum. It is heartbreaking watching someone you love so much suffering, just want to share our joy with her before she passes away but to be honest the nurse said it could be a matter of weeks with my mum so doubtful. x

Laura- Glad your enjoying your time off hun x

Melbram- Have u had PIE yet? my memory shocking! sorry x

Jane- When do you start jabbing? x

Wow what a day for me! i am soooo overjoyed! when we got to the HC we were told we would be seeing a nurse which unsettled me, but she was lovely! she went through all our forms etc, weighed us both(both ok) and went through our results. My FSH was 8 which is apparantly fine for my age as anything under 10 is classed as ok? and dh's swimmers are A ok. lol. so we wont need ICSI and will be having IVF.
My next AF is due on the 19th and i am booked in for 9th sep for needles appt and to start DR!!!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Cannot believe it! we are both in shock that its actually happening at last!! so i have updated my ticker but that may change if af is late! lol.
I assume if af is late i will still have needles appt on the 9th sep and test on a orange or something? lol.
Also as i have had surgery for cervical pre cancerous cells, they are going to do a mock transfer during the time im on meds. I am sooo scared of it being agony like my HSG years ago as it was the insertion of a catheter that was agonising so they are going to see how the mock transfer goes and if its still horrific they are going to book me for a cervical dilation but i really hope i can bite my tongue and get through it as really dont want anymore delays but would also not want a painful transfer as it would reduce implantation of our embies.
Overall i am thrilled il be comparing notes with u ladies at last! ha xxx

Woop woop Africa! So pleased that u will be getting started soon. I also had a mock run of transfer hun,I have a small womb and narrow tubes they needed to know what size tubes to use,I had a very bad experience with my Hsg but they were brilliant at liverpool! Xxx

yey! fantstic news sarah!!!!!!! realy made up for u! when i had my transfers first one was a lil uncomfortable becoz of the clamp but apart from that it didnt hurt at all think its becoz i was nervous and tense lol! 2nd one didnt bother me one bit! there realy quick! and careful hun, only takes about 15 mins or a lil over! ur in and out! awwww im realy made up for u! wooop! bring on the bfp!!!!!!!! xxx

Woop woop Africa! So pleased that u will be getting started soon. I also had a mock run of transfer hun,I have a small womb and narrow tubes they needed to know what size tubes to use,I had a very bad experience with my Hsg but they were brilliant at liverpool! Xxx

Thanks girls :) im on cloud nine!:cloud9:

Del- Did u find transfer painful then? cos i have scar tissue on my cervix so very tight xxx

Laura- I am very happy hun an keep lookin at ur bfp pic thinking that could be me again soon!:happydance: xxx

Del- Did u find transfer painful then? cos i have scar tissue on my cervix so very tight xxx

Laura- I am very happy hun an keep lookin at ur bfp pic thinking that could be me again soon!:happydance: xxx

awwww glad ur happy hun!!! :happydance: yep it certainly could be u hun!!!! :hugs:

When we were there the nurse insisted on 1 embryo being trans, but i asked was it a legal requirement and she said not yet so me an dh have insisted on 2 embyos being transferred, do they say this to everyone? xxx

No hun,not at all,a little uncomfortable mabey but it's over so quickly and ur soooooo exited about the whole thing that u block that uncomfortable feeling out. I always get emotional at transfer point!! Especially when u get to see them on screen just before they put them back! Xxx

Hi everyone hope all are well.

Africa yay thats awesome news you are starting soon. :flower:

Laura your pic is beautiful, even dh said how strong the lines were :happydance:

Lots of luck for transfer Del

We are patiently waiting for our pie letter hopefully will get it soon so we know when its going to be and can do a new ticker.

Lots of luck for everyone else

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"