IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

When we were there the nurse insisted on 1 embryo being trans, but i asked was it a legal requirement and she said not yet so me an dh have insisted on 2 embyos being transferred, do they say this to everyone? xxx

I think that they prefer u to have 1 but ive always had 2! I'm going for 2 again this time if we are lucky enough to have 2 of good quality! xx.

Yeah we deffo are aswell! we would be blessed to have 1 baby but 2 would be a double and very welcome blessing :) xxx

Yes hun,that would be fantastic! Off 2 bed now,spk with u all 2moz Xx

Hi Africaqueen

Glad your finally getting started. We saw a nurse at our consultation the first time and she just asked us about our thoughts on 1 or 2 embryos being put back. We didn't really know at the time so just said we would like to speak to the embryologist about it. We never got to transfer due to our zero fertilization so it was never mentioned again. When we had our follow up appointment with the chief embryologist he did say that he persumed that next cycle we would be wanting two put back. I am waiting for my period to come this cycle and then I can phone up on the first day of my next cycle to start so it'll probably be the end of September I start down regulating if they have space for me. I know you mentioned they were very busy at the moment did they say anymore about being busy today?

Hi to everyone else. I hope everyone is doing well.

Laura - Loved seeing your picture it gives me hope that it'll be me one day too xx

africaqueen - YAY!! See - it was much better than you feared, and now you're only a couple of weeks behind me, which considering the delay you've had is pretty good going for you!

I start on the 23rd with the jabs! The drugs just got delivered to my work - dying to have a proper look through the box when i get home!

Hope you are all good today xx

Hi ladies hope ur well.

Africaqueen that is great news. I am so happy for you. All that worry about what the nurse said was all for nothing. You do find some that go on a power trip and just feel the need to make u feel like crap. I'm so glad you had a nice nurse this time and she told you everything you wanted to hear. I'm due my AF a week after you, if it comes on time!!! So we MIGHT just be cycle buddies if everything goes to plan for me and there no more delays. Fx. Hearing all the positive news on here makes me really excited about the whole process and then I remember the needles and whoosh I'm back down to earth and reality.

Iv been told to eat lots of dates so AF comes early and with it being Ramadan there are plenty of them around. Hehehe. Make sure you nab some of your hubby.

Hi ladies! How's everyone today?
There seems to be a lot going on! Very happy for those of you who are about to start treatment over the next few months. Woopwoop to drugs delivery jane!

Loving the pic Laura! Hope if well hun Xx
Ive not been too good today,very bloated and in some pain. These pressaries don't help! I really don't like them,prefered the injections! Feeling very nervous about tomorrow's phone call xx

Cvaeh- I think they are very busy but from what i gathered it all depends on when cd1 is and how busy they are 23 days later. Good luck and hope you get to start soon too x

Jane- Have u had a nosey thru the drugs yet?? i cnt wait! never thought id be so excited to open a box of drugs and needles but they are our baby making tools so all good ;-) x

Babydust- Ramadan Kareem :) i hope u start around the same time as me! i used to eat a lot of dates when i spent a lot of time in North Africa but my hubby does not have them really. Where are you from originally? x

Del- Good luck for tomorrows phone call! hope all is going well x

Laura- Hope your ok x

Foxey- Hi to u and bump :) x

Well girls i have had a terrible day. My mum could barely breath today so we got GP out who suspected pneumonia and called ambulance and we have spent 7hrs in hospital with my mum. She had chest xray and not pneumonia thankfully but her chest is so bad that Dr thinks theres a strong chance of it developing due to her illness so they are keeping her in over the wkend and poss into next week. Dr says the prognosis is not good and he thinks my mum wont have very long with us.
I know this sounds odd but if she manages to regain enough strength i want her to come to a baby shop with me and pick a few outfits an a few teddies etc so i can tell our future children that their lovely nan picked it out for them. xxx

Oooh Africa,so sorry to hear that things are not good with your mum,must be so hard. I think that choosing a few things together is a lovley idea. Be strong hun,sending u a huge hug Xxxxx

awwww sarah! that made me cry! sooooo hopeshes ok hunny! il pray she that she feels abit better hun!!!! awwww thats such a nice idea for u2 to go shopping and pick some baby stuff! awwww it realy is! xxx

Aww africaqueen I'm really sorry to hear about ur mum and the idea of taking her baby shopping is a lovely idea.

Africaqueen - that's a lovely idea, or even if she can't make it out and about why not go online with her and pick some things out like that?

Opened my drugs box last night, everything present and correct. Do you get told your dosage when you have the injection lesson?

Does everyone start on CD23, or does it depend on the length of your cycle? I'm usually 27-28 days, but I have had 25 days before. Bit worried incase I have a 25 day-er this month and am starting too late. Anyone know?

Thanks girls xx

Thanks girls and Jane- That is a great idea! she may well not be fit enough to get to a shop but i can go on babies r us website or similar and ask her to pick a few outfits and toys :) she had a terrible night last night as her oxygen went dangerously low so they had to get Dr in middle of the night to correct it and now she is stable as can be under the circs. We are off to see her soon and dh is home now so he is coming too xxx

aw sarah sorry to her about your mum hun praying she gets better x x x

Hi girls!
Just a quick msg,I've just got back from Liverpool! They've transfered 2 1st class lovely strong embryos! The others didn't look so good so probably wont have any frosties. The embryologist said that they are of much better quality than the other embryos they've transfered for me in the past. Fx ladies that we will be third time lucky! xx

Africa,hope things are a little better with your mum by this afternoon xx

Jane22 - I sometimes have 25 day cycles so they started downregulating me on day 19. They told me they were going to do this at my joint consultation before I got my drugs. Did they not mention what day you would be starting then? I have irregular cycles and the month I started downregulating i ovulated late so asked them if I needed to start injecting a bit later. The nurse said it didn't matter they just didn't want people on the dr drugs longer than they had to be and would rather start a bit earlier in case period decided to come. Hope this helps. It maybe worth ringing them to check if your drug apporintment isn't until the day your due to start down regulating.

Really sorry to hear about your mum Africaqueen hope she stays strong! x

Congrats Del fingers crossed for BFP!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->