IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi girls.

Del- Ooh fab news! good luck for the 2ww and congrats on being pupo! did transfer hurt? x

Harvey- Thank u. How are u getting on? x

Well my mum has a tiny bit more colour to her this evening and is bossing nurse about with notes(she lost her speech 6mths ago) so altho terribly weak and still very ill i am hoping her sheer determinded nature will see her thru for a few more mths at least.
Inshallah xxx

Hi girls!
Just a quick msg,I've just got back from Liverpool! They've transfered 2 1st class lovely strong embryos! The others didn't look so good so probably wont have any frosties. The embryologist said that they are of much better quality than the other embryos they've transfered for me in the past. Fx ladies that we will be third time lucky! xx

Africa,hope things are a little better with your mum by this afternoon xx

Aww del, this is fantastic news, are made up u had two put back, woop aww fx for a bfp wiv twinnies! Hehe xx good luck hun! Xx

Thank u for the lovely messages girls. Here goes the 2ww! xx
Glad your mum is a little better Africa. Transfer didn't hurt hun,just a little uncomfortable at times xx

yep the lovely 2ww hehe! mine flew up2 test day this time! hope it goes quick hun! good luck xx

Yay big congrats Del with the 2 embies, so excited for u :happydance: Did you have any problem with them when you wanted the 2 back in?

Glad your mum is doing a little better Africa.

Lots of luck for everyone else

:flower:

Thank u babies. They were ok about it because of our situation,this was our 3rd transfer and also we are very limited on attempts because we are using my oh's frozen sperm that was stored before he had treatment for cancer about a year and a half ago and that supply is dwindling! The embryologist did say that if our circumstances where 'normal',and because I am only 29 and had good quality embryos this time round she would of stongly advice putting one back. But at the end of the day it's your choice hun,there is no legal document as yet saying that they only yransfer single embryos. If any of u want 2 transfered and have 2 good quality ready on the day then go for it! Don't take no for an answer! Xx

That is great news del, sit tight and I'll deffo be saying an extra special little prayer for you everyday in Ramadan, like I do for all the other ladies on here. (I'm sorry if I offend anyone, I don't want anyone thinking I'm forcing religion on them. I am really sorry if i have offended, that was not my intention.)

Africaqueen glad ur mum is feeling a bit better

Hope all u other ladies are good :)

That is great news del, sit tight and I'll deffo be saying an extra special little prayer for you everyday in Ramadan, like I do for all the other ladies on here. (I'm sorry if I offend anyone, I don't want anyone thinking I'm forcing religion on them. I am really sorry if i have offended, that was not my intention.)

Africaqueen glad ur mum is feeling a bit better

Hope all u other ladies are good :)

Thank u so much babydust,I appreciate it Xx

Morning girls :)

Del- I fully agree with you. When we had our cons appt the other day and got start dates etc, the nurse told me i was having 1 embyro transferred... i said no i want 2 and she said well due to your age (im 30) and everything else, we would trans one... i asked was it a legal requirement and she said not as yet so i said - well we want 2 embryos transferred even if we get to blast stage so she said ok and wrote on notes that she strongly advised against it and that we have gone against advice to cover herself and that it is still to be discussed at the time. I said ok but end of discussion as far as we are concerned! lol. Me and DH have talked about it at lengths and our decision is made and thats that really. We have lots of friends with twins or pregnant with twins and my cousin had twins and MIL is a twin so we are not going into this blindly but i understand why they advise one as there are more risks with twins xxx

if i cud hav 2 i wud too hun,, but my clinic said id only be able to have 1 as il be 23 when i strt treatment
xx

hey girlies,

u all had a nice weekend!

back to work for me tomoz, booooo! could of done wiv another week off hehe! i have my 7 week scan on tuesday morn, sooooo excited!!! :)

good luck to all the girlies wiv upcoming treatment or appointments! wish u all lots of luck and babydust! xxx

i didnt get a choice either! we got told we could only have one put back, annoys me as its my body and i paid for it so i should have been able to choose. luckily the one stuck but as much as there is more risk with twins, u also have double the chance of at least one sticking. must be really hard for these nurses who can concieve naturally to tell us whats best for us and how we should be grateful, bugs the hell out of me. sore subject as u can tell. im lucky i know that but i should have had the choice!!!!.

hi to everyone hope your well laura, africa sorry to hear about ur mum but great news on the treatment. seems we could have alot more bfp's on here by christmas :).
Im 28 weeks pregnant today, hit the third trimester god its flying by, bean will be here before i know it. xxxxx

p.s africa ive finally got my scan pic on if u check out my profile. that was 20 weeks x

hey girlies,

u all had a nice weekend!

Back to work for me tomoz, booooo! Could of done wiv another week off hehe! I have my 7 week scan on tuesday morn, sooooo excited!!! :)

good luck to all the girlies wiv upcoming treatment or appointments! Wish u all lots of luck and babydust! Xxx

good luck for tuesday :) x

does nayone no wot blood tests u need to have dun bfore strtin ivf x

I had one full blood test done, test for various things including h.i.v, any other std's and other illnesses that could affect ivf. Just making sure ur healthy enough to proceed and havent got anything u can pass on to the baby. They make sure all ur immunisations are up to date, i re needed my mmr jab, as i didnt have anything rubella vaccination in my system x

i no im one of the unlucky ppl who arent immune against hepc cos i have to have it dun for work and it always come bak that im not immune!! but i had a blood test dun and i dnt have it lol x

i no im one of the unlucky ppl who arent immune against hepc cos i have to have it dun for work and it always come bak that im not immune!! but i had a blood test dun and i dnt have it lol x

you having to pay for ur treatment as well? x

no i shud be nhs funded,, iv gotta go c my fs end of the month and hes gunna refer me and c if the clinic will accept me early to do all the tests etc so wen its my turn we r ready to go xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->