IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Aww thanks Laura, feeling bit better now, just had one of those worry days. Hope all ok with you :baby:

i know wot u meean hun, hehe, im not to bad thanx apart from ive one of my left ribs doing summit! booooo its ouchy! hope ur good hunny xxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well.

I am patiently waiting for my appointment card hmmm not:haha:
Think i will call them on monday if not heard, anyone know what telephone number is the best one to call to ask about appointments?

Laura hope ur feeling better, i hurt my hip the other week and its still a bit sore now but hopefully will get better soon. I wonder if yours might be a bit to do with everything relaxing and stretching out to make room for lo too, hope its better soon eitherway.

Africa, lots of luck for needle training and dr, so exciting :happydance:

Hello to everyone else.

:flower:

Hiya girls.

Hope everyone is ok and have a nice wkend x

I am exhausted today but appt went very smoothly! got called in bang on 9am which was a shock! lol. the appt was 5 mins as all the nurse needed to do was give me a booklet and show how to draw the meds and that was it as i took my diabetic friend with me who will be doing all my jabs and obviously she is a pro so nurse didnt need to get me to do a needle so just waiting to start dr on tuesday and im booked in for a baseline scan on the 4th oct, so soon be there :) xxx

gl africa are you using supercure hun dont get to worried about the symptoms they calm down after a week hun im on day 9 tommorow and all i get now is tiredness and sore boobs and a bit of bloatness just needed a little sleep this afternoon to keep me going lol gl hunnie and keep me posted my baseline scan is booked for 22nd september best of luck hunnie and wish us all lots of baby dust

:crib: gl all for 2011

and i also hope i get my :af: before my basline scan plz god plz or it couled mess it up for me gl all xx

Babies if u try the nurses station at 9am on the dot they tend to answer quickly. Well thats what i have been doing and they respond really quickly.

Africaqueen glad ur needles training went well. Cant believe it only lasted 5 mins. Iv got an hours drive there and back for five mins. I guess it will be worth it tho. Did u get called in individually or as a group? Do u have to inject at a certain time everyday or can it be anytime as long as u inject?

Hi girls.

Kazza- I am going to be on 0.5 of bereslin(spelt wrong) and then for stimming i am on menopur (75miu). I hope that i dont get many headaches as a side effect as i always seem to panic with the odd headache i get as im not used of getting them... lol. Glad all is going well with you x

Babydust- My appt was only so quick as i didnt do a practise run due to taking my diabetic friend with me, who has been self injecting for 30yrs so nurse knew she was more than able to do it, hence the quickie appt :) When i have my baseline scan on the 4th oct she will explain how to mix the menopur etc so its not too mind boggling all in one appt ;-) you will soon be starting too! x

Hi to all the other girls and hope everyone is ok x

I am trying to have a relaxing day today as i feel a little under the weather and i need to be well for my cousin's babies christeneing tomorrow:) first family get together since my dear mum's funeral so bit nervous of how il feel but looking forward to getting out for the afternoon. 3 days till i start dr now! cant get over it! ha xxx

baby yes hun you havre to inject same time everyday but she let me pick the time but once you have picked a time you have to stick to it hun hope that helps i had needle training they get you to stick a needle in yourself but it doisent hurt one bit hun

africa hun sorry to worry you but im not going to lie the headaches are constant hun mine are that bad i have to go to sllep wish you all the best hun xxx

Thank you, i am going to call on monday, i found a few numbers in one of the leaflets in the pie pack and one was for the nurses station and also saw one that said nhs appointments so will try both.

Thank you :flower:

Babies if u try the nurses station at 9am on the dot they tend to answer quickly. Well thats what i have been doing and they respond really quickly.

Africaqueen glad ur needles training went well. Cant believe it only lasted 5 mins. Iv got an hours drive there and back for five mins. I guess it will be worth it tho. Did u get called in individually or as a group? Do u have to inject at a certain time everyday or can it be anytime as long as u inject?

Just got a phone call from my work colleague. Shes just found out shes pregnant. I am so happy for her but i cant help feeling like crap. I just want to cry. She knows what we have been going through and has been really nice to me. Im just feeling really sorry for myself :(

I know that feeling Babydust my friends seem to be getting pregnant left right and centre. One of my cousin's has actually had her little girl taken off her by the father because she isnt looking after her - it makes me so angry

Hope everyone else is well - lots of you seem to be injecting or waiting to start! very excited for you all :dust:

not a lot going on with me at the minute by OH has an appointment 2moz for another SA and we have appointment booked in November which i think is to go over results and i assume discuss when we will be starting IVF?. Havent heard anything about PIE yet though when do you usually have the PIE appointment?

Melbram I'm the same OH had all his tests and an ultrasound plus I've had bloods and ultrasound this week going for hycosy scan then appt with consultant the following week but not been old anything about PIE yet some people on here seem to have attended a PIE yet waiting to have tests so not really sure which way around they do things. Seems everyone I different. Wondering if at my next consultant appt I will be invited to a PIE as I think you need to have that to start IVF.

Anyone shed any light on the process?

From my memory we had the tests, then appointment to go through them ( it was just the SA as my tests had been done at whiston), then we got pie letter. After pie we had the viral bloods done, then another appointment with the nurse to discuss process, then started.

Hope it comes round quick for you both, lots of baby dust :dust: xx

Thanks for the info SusieSue lookes like ill be waiting until November/December to go to PIE then....feels so far away :wacko: Hope it comes quicker for you MrsE75

Hi girls.

As regards PIE... everyone is different but with my issues(i have no tubes) i was referred to the LWH from my GP and then we went to see Mr Kingsland who then informed us that we were able to have funding and that we should expect a PIE invite soon. Within a wk we had the PIE date for may. Our appt with kingsland was in April so PIE took place around 6wks after being granted funding for IVF. We then got all our packs at the PIE with consent forms and blood and semen test forms and went from there. Once all results were in we had a joint consultant appt where the nurse went through all the consent forms and told us when we could start. We were delayed in starting due to my rubella immunity test coming back as negative so i had to have MMR jabs before we could progress. Good luck girls. Seems like forever but time goes quick and you will be starting before you know it xxx

We were referred to lwh by gp, saw consultant for initial appointment they wanted dh to have another sa and me a scan. Then we went back for the results and the consultant confirmed we needed icsi then told to wait for pie appointment. We then got the pie appointment and had viral bloods done and now just waiting for our next one to give in all the forms then you hopefully get started on your next cycle.

Melbram I'm the same OH had all his tests and an ultrasound plus I've had bloods and ultrasound this week going for hycosy scan then appt with consultant the following week but not been old anything about PIE yet some people on here seem to have attended a PIE yet waiting to have tests so not really sure which way around they do things. Seems everyone I different. Wondering if at my next consultant appt I will be invited to a PIE as I think you need to have that to start IVF.

Anyone shed any light on the process?

Hiya girls

Just to let you all know that we have set up a LWH support group on FB and there are few of us from here and lots from fertility friends website so if anyone wants to join us, please PM me your details and il add you on fb and then to the group as its a secret group and can join by invite only so nobody can find us or know what we are talking about :)xxx

Hi Susiesue

Can you remember how long after having the viral bloods done that you got your next appointment?

From my memory we had the tests, then appointment to go through them ( it was just the SA as my tests had been done at whiston), then we got pie letter. After pie we had the viral bloods done, then another appointment with the nurse to discuss process, then started.

Hope it comes round quick for you both, lots of baby dust :dust: xx

babies777 i think ill be doing the same route as you then - iv had my scan and now OH had is SA so next appointment November to discuss results. At our first consultation the consultant said we would be looking at Dec/Jan to start but i very much doubt it if we have to wait for pie and viral results etc..........on the plus side i gues i will be able to drink alcohol over Christmas after all :D

Africaqueen only today to go before you can start jabbing :D yey

Hi everyone

Babies - I can't remember my exact date of viral bloods but I think it was about 3 weeks ish afterwards. My pie was 18 March and I started down reg on 15 July, but everyone's situation might be different. I nearly didn't start then as they were initially full that month but I got a cancellation. Fingers crossed it moves quick for you.

Africa - can any of your other fb friends see the lwh group if you join? Good luck with your first jab tomorrow.

Afm - not a great few days, had spotting sat night, nothing yesterday then started again this morning. Have been to HC today and they are taking my bloods every 48 hours to confirm it's a viable pregnancy. They are also wanting to rule out ectopic as I've had dizziness, but I often get that anyway. Am off work with feet up and everything crossed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->