• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I know I just feel stupid for thinking I could be different. It was just so out of the blue though. It might sound daft but we've not really been thinking of :sex: as ttc since we were told we had to have ICSI so the pressure has been off. Now I'm stressing again. I tell you what if I could get hold of mother nature I'd :ninja::ninja:

Hello Girlies
Aclio, I'm sorry hun, bloody mother nature!!!! She certainly has a lot to answer for.
When i got out of surgery my consultant told me I had a 1% chance of conceiving naturally but it didn't stop me being convinced that we'd done it the month before I went onto Prostap!! I worked out my due date and everything, haha, I'm such a loser!

It's totally natural to get our hopes up, who can blame us? We so desperately need hope to keep us going.... but luckily we have the help of IVF/ICSI to renew that hope. Sending you lots of hugs xxxx

Welcome Lizibee! And congratulations on the weight loss, wow talk about pressure!! well done you, you must feel so proud of yourself, and everything is moving so quickly for you now!

Hee hee haa haaa MummyIwanabe, that made me pee myself about your Dad!
How lovely of him to go with you though! Only 2 more sleeps til down regging! Then we can compare side effects (woohoo!) I have started with nasty headaches now :-(

xxxx

Yeh dad is great, because he doesn't work he can go with me. saves DH always having time off for every single appt! Yeh 2 more sleeps! horray! I hope I don't get night sweats! lol :wacko:

Yay for the weight loss Lizibee! :happydance:

That is awesome about your Dad mummyIwannabe! My Dad is planning on comming with me to the clinic when he gets here too! He wants to see where the magic happens. Lol.

Yay for the weight loss Lizibee! :happydance:

That is awesome about your Dad mummyIwannabe! My Dad is planning on comming with me to the clinic when he gets here too! He wants to see where the magic happens. Lol.

Sorry about AF Alico. Don't feel bad, I am on Birth control and started to think it was possible I missed a pill, and my tubes some how magically opened and we conceived! :haha: We all have that little hope.

Haha, not sure what happened there....? Only posted half... lol

We all need hope, that's what keeps us sane and our clinic said 15 people a year at their clinic get a BFP naturally just before they're due to start treatment! :)

I'm feeling much better today! It's like pouring water over a fire and you hear the "sszzzz"!! Thanks so much for the advice! :flower:

Evening ladies...

Alcio we all get our hopes up even when its been pretty much clarified its not going to happen, I always fall for it and then probably end up delayin af due to convincing myself...DOH, Im that sad that i even 'dream wish' for our nursery bits etc, Its crazy but Ive done it since I was a young teenager and cant help it, one day itll be my turn to go shopping for it all...lol

Thanks for all your well dones on the weight, it was blooming hard especially with xmas and the fact that Im ashamed to say Im a smoker too so had to knock that on the head too, keep failing at that one but have done another 5 days now so fingers crossed, its just soooo hard I hate the ciggies but then I fall down on the food so i think sod it Ill have a cig instead of a biscuit but hey it shouldnt be like that so fingers crossed I want our baby so they have to go, its just depressing as you feel like your putting yourself through all this extra stress for something thats not going to happen anyway iykwim!!

Hope fully it'll all be worth it, Im scared tho as not done much else to prepare and then im reading all sorts on here about food, perfume, plug ins... argghhhhh I think Im going to just have to take first shot 'as me' before winding myself up completely then take it from there if it doesnt work.

Has anyone actually fallen first time IVF with out going ott and changing everything about their life?... just so I know if its a complete no before I even start... :-(

right of for my daily stint on the treadmill as Ive put a good few pounds on in the last couple of weeks just getting comfortable again and its gotta stop!!...lol back shortly.... xx

Hi all :wave:
Been on this forum quite a while but started my IVF TODAY :shock:
I was on CD21 and so they said I could start there and then!
I'm knackered after all the excitement and so with my first sniff done I'm off to bed but will catch up with you all tomorrow properly :)

p.s. I too went to the Maldives for my honeymoon! :cloud9:

Tansey thats great news. I've got everything crossed for you xx

The Maldives is just pure heaven, I want to go back lol xx

Well I'm confused ladies. I had really bad cramps last night, sickness and headache. Yet AF hasn't shown up apart from the light spotting when I wipe. I know I said I was going to forget about it and focus on my ICSI appointment but I'm finding it really hard too.

Hi tansey! ooo I'm gona be 5 days behind you hehe! I got my drugs delivered this morning! so exciting! bit weird the delivery man knew cos he told me about where to put in frigde and what temp so I've been trying to get the temp right all morning! :haha:

It's all becoming more real now!:happydance:

Aclio - I don't blame you, it must be really hard not to think that it might be something else. Maybe it is, just hold tight, I got my fingers crossed for you :) xxx

how exciting, you've finally got your drugs!!!! It's finally starting for you, you'll have you bump before you know it xxxxx

Yay mummyIwannabe!! :happydance: Also yay Tansey! :happydance:

ALICO, I have everything xx for you!

This evening DH and I watched the DVD on how to inject for the stims stage. Dh is keen to do the injections - i think he wants to play doctor :rofl: The only problem is he works away a lot and so i'll end up having to do them myself anyway.

MummyIwanabe - you're right behind me! Can't wait to discuss how we are getting on and our raging hormone changes :wacko:

ACLIO - is it worth doing another pg test? :dust:

Hi again all

Nice to see we have some newbies - Welcome

Aclio - I think a test may be in order to find out once and for all and at least you will know for def.

Looks like we are all moving along though. Mummy - tomorrow is D day hip hip hooray!!!

I had my meds delivered today too ready to start on Monday - Was really happy to see the needle is not very big!! I might be able to manage it now!!!

What time is everyone doing the meds??? I have got a nasal spray every 4 hours up until 12th May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->