• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

hehe I know what you mean! Its so hard to not thinking about it! Try and keep busy :)

I am thinking of you, keep us updated on what happens xxx

keep my updated on your treatment. You can me my bible for when I start meds etc :) xx

haha sure :) I think this forum is so useful to share our experiences. when I was at the appt today he was running through things and I was like yeh (know that) yeh (know that as well) yeh (already know that) it was like I'd been through it before or something even though I haven't. It's just this site! I've learnt so much! It's great! :)

I've been looking through my treatment and trying to guestimate when my EC might be. No one can say for sure which is hard with work commitments! I've got a work committment on 15th May that I cannot get out of, there's just no way so I hope my EC is in enough time before then for me to recover and doesn't clash with ET either! eek! :S

We shall see! xxx

Hi MummyIwannabe

I was just reading through your posts, it looks like I am right at the start of the process as we have just found out my DH has no sperm coming out and it seems he has a blockage, but he has an 18 year old son, so we know its not a defect since birth. So we are just waiting for the referral for more investigations. I am trying to be positive and my way of dealing with this is to find the "fix" quickly, otherwise I will go mad and start crying (again)!!!

I see that you are having Private care in Hampshire, I take it you mean Hampshire in England, we are in Hampshire and we are concerned about the NHS timescales because my DH is 47 and time is running out for us, but I have seen info on the Wessex Fertility Centre in Southampton - I don't suppose you are using that one - or have heard about it - we will be looking to go private and it looks quite good? Any thoughts or info would be useful - thanks.
X

Hi Step Mummy,

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your DH's issue, I hope they can fix it, I'm sure they can as I remember my neighbour mentioning her DH had this issue and after a simple op they managed to sort it and then the next month they got a BFP! My neighbour is very open and shares far too much! lol I don't blame you I'd be looking for a quick fix too! As soon as I found out about my DH I was on the phone immediately! lol

Hampshire yes in England :) Hampshire NHS is not good in terms of treatment however I'm 25 so the wait for me was a long one, Not sure of your age and how it all works but it also depends as your DH had had a child already.

I am indeed with the Wessex in Southampton!! They're success rate is very good and I've found them very helpful. They have a very good rate with frozen embies too so I had no hesitation going there. I'm also using the Basingstoke clinic for the scans when I have them as that's even nearer to me and they are linked with the Wessex.

The wessex can perform something like a TESA click here for more info

https://www.wessexfertility.co.uk/treatments.asp#de

I think it's quite expensive around £1700 I think and then you've got the IVF or ICSI on top of that. It is an option tho I think.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Wessex xxx

hi, thanks for all the info, that sounds a little more positive, did you go straight there as soon as you knew there was a problem or did you start the process with the NHS?

I am 31, DH is 47, which is why we are concerned as its not fair on him to have a kiddie at 50+ - although he says he doesn't mind - its an age for relaxation not the stress of sleepless nights and nappies!!

I do hope they don't reduce our treatment becuase he has a son, that would be v unfair to me as I dream (like you Im sure) of holding my own child, and I did not bring him up until he was 15! But it would not surpise me if they did!! Sometimes it is hard not to say "its all right for you - you have had that moment and felt the love for your own child - where as I have never had it, and maybe never will" but I know he wants this as much as me, but sometimes its hard knowing he has done it all before! Anyway I must keep positive!!!

Good luck with you, I hope you get some good news soon, I will be keeping an eye out for your posts! XX

I did go straight there. I found out the NHS was useless for myself and my DH. We didn't qualify for it even tho the DH's sample was very poor in regards to morphology. I think we should have qualified automatically but hey ho I'm used to the ridiculous rules in this country! lol

I too think it's unfair if the NHS were to stop you. All I can say is the NHS is not always that quick in treatment as I'm sure you know but I think it's worth asking your doctor of your next steps.

For us I got advice from my doctor then decided to bite the bullet and call some private places. initially I went with the Wessex as I intended to egg share and they're scheme was the best in the area. However I then decided not to for a few reasons, mainly that if I get enough eggs I can freeze them and have them put in for another cycle should this one not work or for a second child hopefully. It meant not having the nasty EC again hopefully (that's if I get enough eggs!) The wessex has a great frozen emby rate.

I think since the team is now run by 2 ladies it has been much more successful. So far from speaking to them I would recommend them. I've not started my treatment yet so can't comment too much but I think they look after you well and are just as reasonable in cost to any other clinic. I've noticed in Hampshire/South we do pay a bit more than up north sometimes.

Keep positive, but definately explore all options. If you can afford the treatment then I wouldn't hesitate in going private. You get the best treatment and the fastest possible.

I hope you get your BFP soon and stay in touch xx

Can I join u too? We will be starting treatment in May too. Have booked nurse consultation for the 23rd of April.

xxx

I'm doing well! Just waiting and waiting. Haha. I'm actually trying to decide if I shoud get a yeast infection kit at the store or not. I'm not sure if I have one. I was on antibiotics a few weeks ago, which causes yeast infections... I'm a tad itchy and sex REALLY hurt last night.. but I don't know. I don't want to be the paranoid girl that calls the doc for every little thing.

Hrmm. LOL I guess I am getting paranoid something will go wrong and prevent everything from going right.

Hi hun, hmm how weird I had one a few weeks ago! I got the cottage cheese bit sorry tmi! then it started to itch so I got some stuff asap that day. I think it makes sex really uncomfortable and makes it burn after if you need a pee! lol when I had it I couldn't bare OH to go near it anyway and I got it cleared up just in time for my scan 3 days later! even then the instrument they put up there felt uncomfortable!

If you know it's thrush generally the chemist will say to go and get some stuff from them unless you've had it a lot recently.

Hope you get better soon :) it's best to treat it and get it sorted that's what the clinic told me xxx

thanks munnyIwannabe! I'll head off to the store pronto. I think you right, it's best to get that stuff sorted out right away. :flower:

3 Days for you! WOOHHOO!

Yeh, good idea, the chemist said it usually only gets worse. Plus even tho I caught it within a day of it showing symptoms it still took my vagina a week to recover! Ugh! the joys of being a woman!!

Hi Mummyiwanabe & all,

Thanks for the invite to join your thread, its so nice to have others going through the same kind of things to relate to!

Im just about to start our first cycle of IVF due to unexplained infertility... im sure like many others apparantly all is fine for both of us its just not happening.. :-(

We're with Care @ N'pton and I went yesterday for my pre treatment scan to see what drugs Ill be put on, I dont know what there giving me just yet I guess Ill find out when its all delivered! Were having our training for meds on the 27th and the nurse said Ill start them literally that night which will be day 22 of my cycle...

Im sooo excited yet sooo nervous at the same time incase its not sucessful, Ive lost nearly 3 stone to qualify and struggled but was literally told in October that our local pct had changed the criteria and that I had to lose it by the time my appt came through, which was January, I managed to put it off till feb and thank god had managed to do it!

Good luck to all, I'm going ot have a read of the previous pages now so I can catch up with where we're all at... xxx

Wow well done for loosing the weight! :) must have been difficult and that's great you start soon! Not long to go!

You'll find lots of friends here :) xx

I forgot to say yesterday, I went for a appt with my dad yest at the sister clinic and the consultant came out and said "mr and mrs" and I was like errrr no he's my DAD!!!!!

lol I'm 25 and he's 64!! The consultant apologised and said he's seen some things previously so it wasn't unheard of! :haha:

Morning ladies - Well I think AF is on her way. My spotting has turned to a brown colour now so I'm just trying to have to focus on my appointment on the 21st (although inside I just want to cry). How stupid was I anyway thinking a could get a natural BFP with my PCOS and DH low count. Stupid stupid girl!!

Aww sorry Aclio. Don't beat yourself up tho, there's always a chance so it wasn't silly to think so. You're appt isn't far away now so you have this to focus on. Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->