• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I did my injection no probs today :) there is a technique lol much easier :)

Don't jab from afar like I was trying to do. I find putting the needles touching my skin then pushing quickly is much easier :) it is now itching lol :rofl:

Hi girls!
Thanks so much for the lovely welcome, I already feel right at home here :hugs:
Gracey, I'm in Melbourne! I hear you about the money - interested to hear what you guys are paying. We've been told $7500 for cycle 1, plus the cost of the meds, but I think you get $5000 back. Does that sound right?

I can see from reading the thread that I have a lot to learn here! And the delights of the self-injection clearly await me! MummyIwannabe, I am going to take your advice about the not jabbing from a distance thing - Lol!

Looking forward to sharing this IVF journey with you guys, and my fingers are crossed for a short stay for all of us :flower:

:wave: Mrs JA

Ours is costing us approx £5k plus £420 if we get some frosties. We've just paid as we've started to commence treatment now and it hurt paying it lol but hopefully it will be worth it! :)

Glad to help with injection advice. Wish I'd known sooner myself, got myself into a right tis yesterday! lol

xxx

Yeah - thanks for the injection heads-up!

I've been thinking it might be easier to go for the belly but then someone told me it hurts much more. OH has flatly refused to get involved so it'll be me on my lonesome like you were - trying to pluck up the courage to jab it in!!!

Hey - by the time I' start DR you'll be having your eggs collected!

I've just seen from MrsJA as well that if you use an ice cube on your belly then you can't feel injection and it doesn't itch! genius! Going to try that tomorrow!

I was told it has to be the belly. I asked as I don't like me belly being touched but they said it best there I guess cos it's near the ovaries who knows but hey ho if an ice cube can help!!!

I hope the time goes quickly for us Cazd!

feeling a bit rough today. Got some aches in my tummy and had a headache all day. Feel really zzzz anyone else feeling like that from down regging? haven't had anymore spotting tho.

zzzzz night all xxx

My Dad is here! YAY!! I have so missed him! Will read through later and catch up properly! :hugs: So happy!

Thanks for the ice cube tip - I did my first stimulation injections last night and they were ok... Hope I will stop feeling so emotional now!

I tried the icecube trick this morn and it worked a treat! Feel uncomfortable today but looking forward to AF arriving and then getting onto the stims!

:wave: wish2bmama

Hi Ladies! Can I join? I'm starting stims on CD2 next cycle- currently 9dpo!
We're on the short cycle - no downregs and on lower dose drugs.
Just recieved the meds this morning - sooo scarry!!!!!!!!

The nurse at the clinic also recommended the Ice Trick- :) Also, she said that the belly doesn't hurt as much as the legs......hmmmmm not sure about that! relly hope it works!

:wave: brumbar

Think you'll be slightly ahead of me, what stims are u on? I'm hoping to start on stims at the end of the month once the witch turns up and they check my blood to see if I down regged enough!

Hi MummyIWannabe!
let me check the fridge:) LOL
OK- Gonal F, Cetrotide, Pregnyl and cyclogest... not sure what's for what and when, must sit down and work it out!!!!!

hmmmm do they give you the cyclogest separately? they haven't sent it....

:haha:

I'm on Gonal F too. What dose you gona be on? I'm on 150 when I start.

Don't recognise the other ones, I've just looked and I have gonal f and something else (the trigger shots one) in the fridge. got some pessaries upstairs for after ET.

The cyclogest I have already it came with all the drugs along with a pregnancy test as well lol! perhaps call the drugs company/clinic and check whether you should have that. was it on your delivery note? I checked mine and noticed my sharps box was missing so had to phone up and get them to send it separately.

xx

hmmmm good point! I need to check that!the sharps box is here...
I'll check the prescription, maybe they'll give me the pressaries after EC at the clinic....

I'm also on gonal -f 150
no pregnancy test either!!!!! bummer! not happy....I guess they'll give that at the clinic too.

Are you in the UK?Is your cycle private or on NHS?Ours is private - long, long list on NHS in London....

oh yeah! treatment #1! we're paying for Icsi for a start, but if swimmers good enough on the day ( low morphology), they'll give us some of our money back! I hope so!
and if I produce more eggs they'll do half and half ( as DH has 2 healthy kids already)and transfer the IVF embrios if they are good...
sooo nervous about the whole thing!
how about you? is this your first ICSI cycle?

I'm really nervous too. Its our first ICSI. I think myself and DH are really feeling the pressure as all our friends are now pregnant and we're desperate to be pregnant too.

Gota chill and not think about it, our time will come xx

I agree! our time will come! we're the last from our friends too, trying for 28 months now - even started b4 them:)

yeh we tried before them all too doh!

Here's hoping this thread is a lucky one!!

brumbar Pregnyl is your hcg trigger shot,cyclogest is the pessaries for after ec

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->