IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I wish my down regging was 8-12 days rather than three weeks :(

I will have to keep down regulating whilst stims. what protocol are you on curlysue?

...I NEED TO KEEP REPEATING TO MYSELF THAT IT'S JUST AN INJECTION:...I PIERCED MY OWN BELLY BUTTON, SO I'LL SURVIVE BEING POKED FOR 2WEEKS! :)
Good news on AF MummyIWannabe At least i,ll have somebody close behind me... So scary when you're the first one, but hey, i'm sure all will be fine, i'm just worried about messing up the drugs, so any help is much appreciated!

It's def daunting the first time and the second time I actually shat myself a bit more than the first time! lol

I'll def be close behind you if all goes to plan :) eek I'm so excited I duno what to do with myself right now! You won't mess it up. There's a really useful video on youtube. Type in gonal-f on youtube and a lady comes up who shows you how to do it :) I'm getting another lesson on wed which will be good as this injection to administer is slightly different!

Hi CurlySue! this is a looooong wait.... I keep my fingers cross the wait will be worth it!

My protocol is - start buserelin injections on CD23, which was 20th April 2010. That was supposed to be for 3 weeks but could not get a scan until the Thursday which would make it 23 days. Then it's nine/ten days of both Buserelin and Menopur. At the end of it all I will have been on Buserelin for 33 days.

Kind of seems unnecessary when you can be on it for less than two weeks before moving onto stims.

Hello everyone :wave:,

Hope everyone is doing well - lots of news around the thread :hugs:

Well I am just back from my first scan since baseline to check how the stim is going and it looks like everything is on target - looks like there are around 10 large follicles and 'lots' of small ones too!!! :thumbup:
We are really happy and now a little scared.... I've got butterflies just typing this (so sad...)

BTW DH did really well playing doctor over the weekend even if his hands were shaking a lot at first :dohh:
He is away for the next couple of days but will be back in time for the final injections and the final scan and all next week when we hope the assisted BD will all be happening :winkwink:

This is my current schedule:

Bloods &Scans:
Day 1 Baseline Scan Tuesday 20th April, DONE
Day 7 Monday 26th April, DONE

Day 9 Wednesday 28th April and
Day 11 Friday 30th April.

Maturation: Day 12 Saturday 1st May - PREGNYL/hCG 500IU
Support: Day 13+ Sunday 2nd May - Cyclogest Pessaries
Egg Collection: Day 14 Monday 3rd May
Embryo Transfer: Day 17 Thursday 6th May

Hopefully on Friday we will get the go-ahead to do the PREGNYL Injection Saturday night for EC Monday 3rd but those dates could move out depending on the blood work and scan results Friday.

Cut and Paste and Update as requested (Thanks Janice for bringing us all together!):

I think I may need to be moved up in the happening list but I'll leave that to you Janice if thats ok (not sure which key dates you are going by as everyone seems to be doing things in different ways at different rates! :wacko:)

1. brumbar: Stim - 27th April, EC - 5th April, ET - 7th April, Test Day - 2nd May
2. Aphrodite: EC - 27th April, Test Day - 6th May
3. wish2bmama : EC - 17th May
4. HeresHoping: DR - 30th March, Stims - 20th Apr, EC 3rd May, ET 6th May
5. MummyIWanaBe: DR - 18 Apr, Stims - 30th April, EC - 10th or 17th May, ET - to be announced, Test Day - to be announced.
6. Summer Breeze: DR - 29th March, Stims - 10th May, EC/ET/Test Day - to be announced
7. JaniceT: DR - 3rd May, Stims - 28th May, EC - 8th June, ET - 10th June, Test Day - 24th June

Requires more info:

8. Tansey: DR - 14th April
9. MrsJA: DR - 3rd week April
10. MrsR32: DR - 20th April
11. Underthestars: BCP - 2 months, DR - 12th May
12. Doodles29: DR - 21st May
13. Butterfly : BCP - since April, DR - July, Stims - , EC - , ET - , Test Day - .
14. BigFoot1980: Doc/Nurse visit - 23rd April
15. ACLIO: doctor's meeting - 21st April, injection training - 17th June
16. Tubs: BCP - 5th April
17. CADZ: start mid May
18. Lizibee: start 11 April
19. Gracey 004: appointment - 19th April
20. Tory123: Starting in May

Good luck everyone and thanks for being here.

Maybe it's because its not private then as I've felt being private they have been very quick and get on with it very quickly. I guess with free goes they've gota fit you all in and make sure all the timings are working with staff etc I don't know. That's just a guess! lol

It does drag I know, it makes you feel crummy too! Last night I felt so sick from the down regging and hot flushes I went to bed early! lol xx

Think I'll be a week behind you! so exciting! Interesting to see your timings. I'm trying to figure out when my EC might be as I have work commitments! It'll sort itself out tho, not gona fret about it! :) xx

MummyIwanabe - yep it looks like I will be paving the way.... its interesting that you started DR before me and I started Stim before you and its like a game of tag! :winkwink

yeh its weird! I shall never understand all the diff drugs, timings etc to achieve the same thing! lol!!

MummyIwanabe - looks like we'll be starting stimms on the same day, I've got my baseline scan booked for 3.30 on Wednesday so I should be starting the Gonal-F that evening. They've told me EC should be 12th May, sounds like you're on a similar protocol to me so it should be around the same time for you I would think. Glad to hear the injections are going better for you.

I got my first bruise yesterday and I had a horrible day for side effects, thank god it was at the weekend. I was exhausted, kept having hot flushes and had a nasty headache all day. Wouldn't have been so bad but DH was feeling lousy too so he couldn't pamper me!

Thanks MrsR32 oh gosh that is getting close to more work commitments I have the following weekend! I really hope I'm the 10th may! If it was the 12th May and I'm having a 2 day transfer does that mean they'd transfer it on Friday 14th? I guess I can rest that day and then I gota work on the Sat no choice. Fingers crossed its not later than the 12th!!

How exciting we're gona be stimming on same day hopefully!!!

I too suffered last night, felt really rough, sick, hot flushes the works and now the AF has arrived so i'm feeling poo but happy at the same time lol xxx

HeresHoping - here are my dates for the list:

DR - 20th April
Stimms - 28th April
EC - 12th May
ET - 14-17th May

Great news on your scan, fingers crossed for you.

I have one whopper of a bruise about the size of a lemon LOL
When DH was doing one of the injections he managed to go in, out and in again as if he was giving me a tummy tuck - luckly I cried halt before we wasted any of the solution - the one thing I have to say that is getting us through all this is rolling around laughing most of the time - that and loads of :hugs:

I think I was lucky with DR - bad headaces and a few tears but not as bad as I was expecting and it def improved as time went on (but I only had one injection to DR - no daily jabs or sniffing so I don't know if that would make a diff....)

eek! stiming sounds more painful if you get bruises! I've seen the needle and it looks bigger this time!

My DR improved with time, ie no stabbing pains etc but the flushes continued! It hasn't been too bad, I think the main thing is I've been short of patience and a bit stroppy! lol xxx

according to DH thats me most of the time! :winkwink: but he is admitting I am being very brave at the moment (because he couldn't do it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->