IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Hi Gracy,

Yes if EC was weds then ET would be sat so 3 days. my clinic don't usually do blastos for my age apparently but I guess if I wanted one and was prepared to pay then they would...

Hopefully starting stimms tnite provided blood test comes back ok. Will know later today.

Poor you re your infection and friend. I'm not surprised you can't cope with that sort of conversation. I had that a while ago and it was really hard but I too put on a brave face. I hope she was sympathetic when you told her about ur IVF. Maybe it got awkward because she felt bad for moaning about the sex then when she heard your news she felt bad?

One of my bessie mates is due anyday now. I'm excited to see him now just hope my BFP is around the corner soon and that all us lovely girlies get the results we need!! xx

Mummy, if you dont mind me asking how old are you? Just wondering what transferring 2/3 day embie or 5 day embie has to do with age? I am 31 and curious as i didnt know this was a factor.:shrug:

I'm 25. My clinic said that a 3 day transfer was fine as they believe that research isn't strong enough yet to suggest a blasto would give me a better result. They base it on the fact that for my age, my embies should be good quality and strong therefore waiting until blast is not necessary. They said they usually do that for older ladies when its harder to tell which embie is the strongest. that extra 2 days gives them an better insight for not so good embies.

It's just their advice/opinion and how they operate. loads of clinics are different. I would probably prefer a blasto but then I read only 20% make it to blasto and sometimes clinics think its better in your body having a chance then in a dish.

Ah i duno so complicated! At the time I was ok with it as it saved us £420! :) xx

Ugh poor you tickledpink! Whats your next step after AF? My clinic if i didn't start by a certain time to call them. Is that what you have to do?

xx

They told me to call them on CD1 and then she can arrange for our up-to-date HIV/HEP B/C tests (because they're over a year old) and then she will arrange for me to have a pre-treatment scan and injection training. They also want both of us to attend the CARE clinic in Northampton, for a patient info evening and so we can have a tour of the place. Can't wait! :happydance: I thought i had the back cramps last night but it could just be wishful thinking... still no sign :growlmad:

Hi Gracy, definitely not a BFP... been too tired for anything lately :blush: Plus the consultant has already told us it's an impossibility of me falling pregnant naturally and without the use of a chemistry set with DH's low SC lol

Hope the witch comes soon hun, very frustrating! I don't understand why u need ur af for blood tests etc seems a shame u cant do blood test and tour in the mean time!

fingers crossed she comes soon! xx

I asked the same thing but she said there was no hurry and they can the results back in 24 hours but they leave it until the last minute so that if it doesn't work this time or the next time... or the next... we don't have to pay unnecessarily for another blood test if the year is up - because the tests are only valid for one year. If that makes sense... ? As for the tour, they won't do that until everything's official that we're going ahead with ICSI

ah yes that all makes sense :) exciting stuff tickledpink! Hope the time flies by for you! xx

oo clinic just called I'm down regged enough, can do my injection now!! Then i will stim in the mornings along with DR :)

Off I go to inject! eek! xx

YAY!!!!!! great News MummyIWannabe!
we're stimming together! (one day apart!) when's your provisional EC?

Either the monday 10th, tues or weds lol I hope its monday or tues.

How bout you brumbar?

So pleased we're so close together! :) xx

MummyIwanabe and Brumbar - I'm starting stimms tonight too! We've got to do the stimming injection (Gonal-F) in the evenings and continue half-dose Buserelin in the mornings - are you the same? These drugs seem to be different for everyone!

Have you been told to abstain from BD at any time? DH wanted me to ask at the clinic but I was too embarrassed!

Oh, and my provision EC date is 12th May still.

Hmm I was told to do my stims in morning lol two injections in the morning - 1 stim, 1 DR doh! half dosage of buserelin like you :)

I've not been told anything about BD I read after day 6 they advise against it but I'm not sure. To be honest I've not felt like it but might ask.

I hope my EC is not the 12th May as it makes things harder with work. The 11th would be perfect! fingers crossed!!!

Are you on 150?

Hi Mrs R! I'm on a short antagonist protocol ( basically, no DR, FSH [gonal F 150] in the evening and LH inhibiting drugs [cetrotide] from day 5), so probably not much help to you. We weren't told not to Bd, but we haven't had any action as AF is still here. Provisional EC for me May the 7th!
Oh and Mummy, i think you'll be more like the 8th-9th.... my clinic's template states around cd 12!

hmmm cor its so hard to know, my clinic said 10th, 11th or maybe 12th. We shall see, fingers crossed it works out ok with work :)

So great we're all at same time :) horray!! xx

Hmm I was told to do my stims in morning lol two injections in the morning - 1 stim, 1 DR doh! half dosage of buserelin like you :)

Are you on 150?

Yes, 150 Buserelin (am) and 225 Gonal-F (pm).

Got my first scan on Tuesday to see how the stimming's going. I'm drinking lots of organic milk and trying to get lots of protein in my diet to help things along.

Hello Everyone,

I asked about :sex: yesterday (with legs akimbo having a scan at the time I have given up being embarrassed! :wacko:) and I was told it was fine because the DownReg had turned everything off so even as follicles were growing because of the stims etc. there was no danger of Ovulating until the maturation (pregnal) injection.

Needless to say at our first visit DH asked if there were any restrictions in 'that department' and the nurse laughed and say do whatever we want until told otherwise!

btw DH is on a promise tonight as he has to keep 'everything fresh' down there for possible EC Monday

Good luck with all - its really hotting up in here :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"