IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

just read my letter again it say antagonist protocol :blush:

This is what I'm on Aclio ( but mine is with mild stimulation - I.e lower doses)! The short antagonist protocol -you start stims on day 2 ( i believe) and add an antagonist (cetrotide) when eggies reach about 12-14...usually 4-5 injections!

Mummy is right - the ice -cube is a must !!!! does wonders!
the only side effect I've had so far is headache but not as bad when i added the antagonist ( stimms day 7 today - I'm getting a bit bloated) and ...sorry ..TMI ...a bit constipated:)

Yahhh someone else is on short protocol :) I hope you don't mind if I pick your brains nearer the time :)

Do you just start the injections on day 2 for about 4-5 days then have EC?

What stage are you at now?
xxxxx

Hi Aclio!
please feel free to ask as many Q as you like....
Basically you start stims on day 2 and continue until they tell you to trigger- usually cd 10, they'll keep an eye on the follies and on day 6 or 7, when some are starting to reach 13-14 mm they will add your antagonist to prevent lh surge and ovulation i.e You'll be on 2 injectons 1to stim and one to prevent ovulation ....
So... You're now waiting for AF I guess ? Xxx

My AF's are none existent due to PCOS. I've got to take provena a week before my appointment which should mean Af should arrive about the 22nd June ish. We've been invited to a friends wedding in July and I was wondering if I going to be able to make it or not with treatment and everything

depends when in july I guess. Everyone responds differently to treatment so its hard to say. Def not if its anytime near EC you'll want to rest after that proceedure. I've felt rubbish and wouldn't feel like going to a wedding atm. Its manageable but I'm walking around very sheepishly lol!

Thats what I thought the wedding on on the 23rd July so I think it might be abit too near.

Hi, we have frozen embies from a previous IVF so we are going to have an FET (all being well with the thaw) sometime next week i think.

This Friday 7th May i have a scan (i suppose to see if my womb lining is thick enough) and OV is due Monday 10th May so i guess they will thaw the two embies we have and implant them soon after if all goes well. :flower:

Just back from my first scan and although she said it was all fine, I'm quite disappointed. She could see 5 follicles on the right ovary, measuring between 10mm and 11mm with another one at 9mm and she struggled to see the left ovary because it's so far over to the side so difficult to see without making me scream so she stopped once she'd seen 3 follicles measuring about 10mm. She said beforehand that they were looking for them to be 10-12mm and I remember the consultant saying they want about 14 eggs so I was hoping I'd have some at the larger end of the scale and the numbers seem really low. Am I being paranoid or does anyone else think I should have my dose increased (I'm on 225 Gonal-F at the mo, have had 5 injections and EC is scheduled for a week tomorrow)?

My womb-lining is 8mm which doesn't sound too bad as she said it needs to be 10mm by ET.

MrsR! you'll be fine!!!!
And the lining is perfect!

they might be looking for lots of things but the follies they've seen are good, and close to each other in size! they need them to be around 18-22 (at my clinic at least )b4 they trigger!
I'm sure all will be fine -8 follies is good (although I'm sure you'll have more)!!!!!!! I must paste something from my journo here- egg numbers and types of IVF stuff!
Definitions for IVF:
Terminology/ Aim / Methodology

Natural cycle IVF /Single egg /No medication

Modified Natural cycle IVF /Single egg/ hCG only + antagonist & FSH add -back

Mild stimulation IVF/ 2-7 eggs/ Low dose FSH, oral
compounds & antagonist

High stimulation IVF

(Conventional) /≥8 eggs /Agonist or antagonist High FSH dose

Hi, we have frozen embies from a previous IVF so we are going to have an FET (all being well with the thaw) sometime next week i think.

This Friday 7th May i have a scan (i suppose to see if my womb lining is thick enough) and OV is due Monday 10th May so i guess they will thaw the two embies we have and implant them soon after if all goes well. :flower:

Hi Sammy! Fingers X-ed for this Cycle hun!

Thats what I thought the wedding on on the 23rd July so I think it might be abit too near.

IF af starts 22nd June, your treatment will start on the 23rd, EC around CD12-CD14... so I think you'll even know if you're preggo by the 23rd July!!!!!
I'm currently on CD 9 - day 8 of stimming ( only 7 doses so far) - counting the days until EC!

BTW, does anyone know if you still have to take gonal the evening when you trigger?

Hi Sammy2009 - welcome and best of luck!

MrsR - I am on diff. drugs (so don't know about upping your drugs) but I have had similar thoughts to you but this is what I have been told:

Lining: mine was 9 yesterday but thats fine they said they only needed 8+

Follicles: I have some at 14s, 15s & 16s but I know they want 18s - one side is playing hard to get and the other is doing fine - and that seems quite normal!

Drugs: Last Friday based on my scan and blood work I was told to reduce my evening jabs from 6 to 4 amps - Even though my Follicles not on target my bloods were spot on and everything was doubling as needed. After the Friday scan I was really dissapointed as I thought I was way behind schedule but when I got the call later in the day to reduce the meds I was much more positive - I also know that they must avoid over stimmulating and as long as whats working is working (if you know what I mean) they will keep the drug dose to a mimimum...

EC: I was hoping for EC yesterday (as I was told EC would be WC 3rd May) but they wanted to wait to get more follicles - the main thing being they are growing steadly and are in and around the same size (too big and you lose them, too small and they usually leave them). When I asked how many it looked like in total that should be ready I was told that at yesterdays standing it looked like 8 'perfect' follicles but that in most cases that doesn't reflect what they actually get at EC - more often than not they go in expecting 3 and get 8 rather than getting less than they thought.

Also my scan yesterday showed previous 8s catching up to 14s between scans so things/people just move at different rates and I was assured there is 'no correct rate' and if everyone arrived at the same stage at the same time they would never be able to do the procedures on time!

I know I am impatient and scared and everything else.... but I was hoping I could just be a 'text book case' but it looks like - I am where I am and it will happen when it happens... :thumbup:

I hope this helps. x

that's great news hereshoping! hope all will be set for friday!!!!!

Today - Scan 3

Lining 11.5

Left O 18,17,16,15 ( and the cyst is growing too, but there's a very good chance it's not endo but luteal cyst as it is split half and half blood/liquid!!!!!)

Right O 4 x between 13-12.

There are smaller follies too around 10mm, but he didn't measure those.

I also had a blood test E2 and LH - just got my E2 results 2137 -doc seems really pleased with that!

no idea whenEC will be yet...Friday? |Saturday???

On another note, and probably a stupid question- do you take gonal -f on the day they tell you to trigger?????
I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the drugs and if I'll have enough...

Thanks ladies...

I would love to be able to give you advice on the drugs but we use different ones here in Holland and I was also on the short protocol as well which is so very different. I think all of my drugs were called something different apart from the progesterone!!!

Anyway i wish you all the best of luck with your treatment :thumbup:

Thanks ladies...

I would love to be able to give you advice on the drugs but we use different ones here in Holland and I was also on the short protocol as well which is so very different. I think all of my drugs were called something different apart from the progesterone!!!

Hey Sammy, were you told to take the stim drug at the same time as trigger?

Thanks ladies...

Hey Sammy, were you told to take the stim drug at the same time as trigger?

I took two injections with the Puregon pen... one med was puregon and the other was Decapeptyl and i had them both together one after the other. I think this is what you mean isnt it? The final BIG injection the day before EC i just took one injection of loads of crap that we had to mix up which came in 3 little vials of liquid and you had to break the tops of the glass vials (god there was blood everywhere lol) and then mix it with some powder and suck it up into the syringe. Was a right nightmare i tell ya! :haha:

Copied from my journal, does this sound familiar to anyone and for those yet to start, read and remember :)
"Oh girls you would wet yourself if you saw us :rofl:
We are watching the step by step guide and following it. Dh preparing everything and me sitting with an icecube on my leg barking orders "let me see", "bring it here, I need to check" "what do you mean there is a massive air bubble" "omg there is going to be no stuff left if you keep squirting it"
Finally comes to injection time and DH comes towards me and I shout "no I'm not relaxed, it says relax. OMG I cannot do it, how am I going to do it when you are not here. I can't do it..."
Then I finally point to the red spot where the icecube has been and go "OK right there"
He does it and I felt nothing! A slight bit of pressure as the autoinjector plunges slowly.
Then we sit with it stuck in my leg while we watch the part on how to know when it is done
Tiny speck of blood and I feel fine and we laugh with relief and hug.

I said to DH remember over a year ago talking about if we ever had to think about IVF and here we are doing it!

DH has been so good. Took me straight out for a hot choc and cake and a walk after work. Lots of hugs and positive talks I am very lucky! :cloud9:

wow lots going on here tonight!

MrsR32 i think your sizes sound fine. I too got measurements of 10-11mm with a couple at 13mm but majority at 10-11mm. You've prob got more on one side but if it was uncomfortable to look then maybe you've got more :) keep positive.

Brum - glad to hear your scan went well. That's a good amount of growth on the left, what are they doing about the right? Do they think they'll catch up? I think they will :)
I would imagine you do a gonal f jab and then the trigger at night but not sure. I do my gonal f in the morning so would carry on as normal until you get that call that says you can do trigger at set time that evening!

Tansey - glad it went well! You've got a good DH there :) lucky you :) xx

Scan went well

I lost track a bit of the sizes but left side was:

6 follies: 19, 16, 15,14,14,12
10 follies: ranging between 16 and 12 so a bit smaller.

EC on track for monday, possibly tuesday with the hope of 12 follies being ready.

Don't know lining measurement but he said it was good

Tender now from scan, gota go back on friday morning.

I'm relieved its going to be monday or tuesday, just pray things stay the same! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->