IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Hi

Just some advice please :witch: came yesterday but not full flow so does today count as Day 1 as she is defintely in the building today. I have got to phone clinic and tell them when Day 21 would be so the meds will be ordered.

Thanks girls sorry if TMI.

Tory xx

I was in the same position the other day, Tory! I called the clinic and the first thing she asked was 'is it full flow'? It wasn't in the morning but by the time I had phoned her in the afternoon there was definitely blood. If you think AF will be here tonight, then maybe give them a call... According to the nurse I spoke to, CD1 will start when it's full flow, no matter what time of the day.

I was told by clinic also that if you start on any day if its in the afternoon/evening they count CD1 as the following morning eg the full flow.

Hope this helps and glad the AF has arrived :) xxx

Hi

Just some advice please :witch: came yesterday but not full flow so does today count as Day 1 as she is defintely in the building today. I have got to phone clinic and tell them when Day 21 would be so the meds will be ordered.

Thanks girls sorry if TMI.

Tory xx

Day 1 counts as when the blood is red and flowing. Anything before is considered spotting. Don't phone until it's red and flowing because you want to make sure you start treatment on the correct day. If full flow happens tonight, just phone them tomorrow and say "My full flow started last night." They'll figure out accordingly.

CurlySue how you feeling today? x

Well I only got up twice during the night as opposed to six or seven times and I managed to have a somewhat decent sleep. Still had to go back to bed and didn't get up until 12. I'm having one of my panicky days where I worry about everything, though, i.e. letters, phone calls at work, etc, so my body feels a bit better but my head doesn't :(

Good to hear you're getting up less etc. I just did my IVF hypnosis cd. Found it relaxing bout it went on a bit too long for me. I'm also supposed to wake up feeling refreshed and I felt knackered! haha! I'd recommend it to help with your worry etc :)

hi girlies im on shot number 5 of stimming. today im pretty uncomfortable. Feel swollen on my Ovs, headaches for past 2 days, just tender down there. I guess this is normal? Would I know if I have OHSS? I usually feel rough in the evening but today I've been uncomfortable all day.

Got my first scan tomo x

Hey Ladies,
is it normal for the eggs on one ovary to grow faster?
I have those on the left at 13.8mm-11.5mm and the right are just just under 9mm????
do you think i still have a chance of those on the right catching up? I'm on treatment day 6 but only had 5 Gonal F- 150 injections......

lining is growng fast - it,s 8.5 today ...
3rd scan + E2 day on Tuesday.
I'm introducing the antagonist ( cetrotide ) today...really confused as FS said there's a small chance of cancelling :-(

hi girlies im on shot number 5 of stimming. today im pretty uncomfortable. Feel swollen on my Ovs, headaches for past 2 days, just tender down there. I guess this is normal? Would I know if I have OHSS? I usually feel rough in the evening but today I've been uncomfortable all day.

Got my first scan tomo x

Hun, tell me about those headaches! make sure you drink plenty of water! between 2-3 l a day!!!!!
I think you can get ohss only after the trigger- check Aphrodite's journo - i think she was worried about it!

You can get OHSS at any time during stimms. I had a friend on another forum who was doing ICSI at the same time as me and she had to cancel five days into stimms because she was experiencing shortness of breath and other symptoms. Turned out she had OHSS.

It's normal to feel tender down there. I know towards the end of my stimming last year I could hardly stand up straight. If there is severe pain, bad bloating, feeling feverish and unwell, shortness of breath, etc, these are signs of OHSS. Discomfort 'down there' is perfectly normal, though. Your ovaries are working at ten times their normal capacity, after all.

The headaches are normal, too. It's all mad high levels of stuff going into your body.

Thanks for your help, I'm not in pain and don't have any of those symptoms really just tender and uncomfortable. I'll ask the consultant tomo. I think its normal and I really hope I don't have to cancel at any point I'd be totally gutted if that happened! I am concerned tho incase it gets worse or something, I hope I stay the same as I was expecting discomfort more near the end! Mind you I'm not near not being able to stand yet so perhaps I'm being a whoss and have to up my discomfort thresh hold :rofl:

it'll be fine. I had some pretty stupid side effects too but all was well.

On a different note - how many kips are acceptable? Since I have been ill all I have wanted to do is sleep. I slept from 10.30 until 8am, then 10am to 12am, had a doze during the first half of the match and then had another sleep between half past three and four. Now I want another one.

Am I being a lazy bar steward?

no you're ill and you need rest :) Lots of fluids and rest :) best place is to sleep when you've been so ill x

Hey Ladies,
is it normal for the eggs on one ovary to grow faster?
I have those on the left at 13.8mm-11.5mm and the right are just just under 9mm????
do you think i still have a chance of those on the right catching up? I'm on treatment day 6 but only had 5 Gonal F- 150 injections......

lining is growng fast - it,s 8.5 today ...
3rd scan + E2 day on Tuesday.
I'm introducing the antagonist ( cetrotide ) today...really confused as FS said there's a small chance of cancelling :-(

right! stabbing done! that cetrotide did hurt a bit!!!!!i have another 3 to go through!

Hi all!

Sorry I have been away. My Dad came to visit to keep me sane until we start on WED!! But he just left. Sad.

Mummy, good luck on your scan! I hope it is not OHSS. I have started to drink tons of water to get into the habbit.

My last birth control pill is TOMORROW! OMG!! :happydance: Should see AF around wed/base scan. Hope to start stimming on thursday. Can't wait to see our protocol!

Hope everyone is doing awesome!

wondered where you were wish2bmama! :wave:

Well I had my scan today. It went well :)

So far I have 16 follies most are between 10-11mm a couple are 13mm. Gota to continue with my usual 150 dose but consultant was pleased with progress :)

Back on weds to see and update.

Still uncomfortable today and the u/s dildo was very uncomfortable up there! Was really tender when he was doing it!! Really relieved that so far things are on track. Want these eggies out soon tho ugh its so uncomfortable :(

Hi all I also had a scan today and I got the go ahead to start injections tomorrow - so Stimms time for me! :happydance:

Yay ladies! Exciting news! Tansey great news hun! Soon now!
Well done on the follies mummy! Grow follies grow! That EC might be earlier than you tought! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->