IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me joining the thread. I've been stalking for a while -I'm due to start my IVF in July and have just had the results of my pre-treatment blood test. I'm still pretty upset after learning my AMH level is 7.27.

I was told the categories are: 0-2.2 = Very low,2.2-15.7 = Low, 15-28 = Satisfactory, 28-48 = Optimum so, I'm in the low category but I am able to go ahead with IVF, just on a high dose of Menopur (300).

I wondered what other people's levels were and at what age? I just don't know if this is normal for my age or how quickly you can expect AMH to fall. And I have no idea if this affects egg quality, but I'm terrified and panicking that it will. My family has a history of early menopause and this is like my worst nightmare coming true - or am I just over-reacting do you think???

Good luck to all of you going through treatment at the mo - fingers crossed for you all. :hugs:

Hey all!

WOW! TONS of things happening now! Happy thoughts and good luck to us all!

As for me.. I had my scan yesterday. I hadn't started af yet, but did today. But the doc put me on antagonist and I am to start stimming on saterday, which is my day 3. I thought I would start on cd2.. but okay. I am slowly learning all the meds and how to get bubbles out of the needles, haha. :)

I will be on 150 iu of follistim and 15iu of gonatropins. I still don't know what all of that means, but I hope it works! I have tons of questions buzzing around my brain right now, haha! Exciting!

heya ladies :wave: I've been stalking for a while and its great to see you guys progressing!

I'm a few days away from starting my 1st IVF cycle - just waitin' on the :witch:

I've been so busy with work that I haven't had time to think about it but now I'm starting to get REALLY EXCITED !!!

P.S. PUPO is Pregnant until Proven Otherwise xxx

Urm... first question! :blush:

What day transfer is everyone doing? My clinic does 3day transfers with the option of 5 day.. but I don't really know if one is better than the other? I don't know if I want to risk going to blast.. or risk not.

babrychristie- i don't know what my AMH is. I've had all the test bloods etc but the FS has never mentioned AMH to me. I'm curious now cos I don't know.

wish2bemama - i'm going to be antagonist protocol too. I find out all about my meds etc at my nursers appointment on the 17th June.

Have any or you ladies had provera to bring AF on. I had it for my HSG but I can't remember how many days after you finish the tablets AF arrives, does anyone remember? I already trying pre plan my ICSI calender lol

our clinic said that pretty much everyone has 3 day transfer rather than risk taking it to blastocyst. It'll be interesting to hear if that varies across clinics....

ALICO, yay! the 17th isn't that far now!

I was on provera once last year. AF came about 5 days later for me.

but its ages away :( I am trying to be proactive with the time though and have decided to use it to lose some weight and tone up. I've kind of been slacking abit since we got married last year. I'd love to go away on holiday as well but I think thats asking for abit too much lol

Has anyone got any holidays booked?

Apparently my clinic tries to get everyone to day 5 blasto as the success rates are MUCH higher, but if at day 2 they are starting to lose quality and might not make it, they put them back at that stage just so you don't lose out. Guess it makes sense.

My AMH was 21.51 (I think) or it could have been 25.51 i think it was the first tho. I was in the satisfactory group (bout mid way) the groups you mentioned were not the same classifcation that i had been given...

i'm 25 - hope this helps, not sure of your age?

Our clinic does 3 days, they too say it not worth going to blasto depending on age as they believe its better in than out and blastos are usually for ladies where they're not sure if embie is the strongest compared to others and where embie is not so good quality as other embies.

I was told day 5 blasto only if they embie was of very good quality! but I know they will only ET one blasto whereas they will ET 2 Day 3s.

Back from my scan.

EC is Monday! Thank goodness! so pleased! Feeling a bit pukey atm and so swollen and bloated :(

Scan went well I apparently have:

2 x 24mm
4 x 20mm
9 x 18mm
4 x 16mm
1 x 14mm

Got to do my last gonal-f today which I'll do in a min then I got a DR tomo morning and then trigger shot sat night.

Roll on Monday, I need these eggies out! x

That's brilliant news MummyIwanabe - you must be so relieved you're on for Monday.

Aclio - you're doing the right thing by keeping yourself busy, I hope time flies for you!

Lots of new faces here - good luck to everyone just starting out.

I've got my second follie scan in an hour and I'm very nervous, really hoping we can see my left ovary without me being in too much pain today, I really want to see how many I've got in total rather than guessing today!

mummy - thats great roll on Monday :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Mrsr - Good luck for your scan :flower::flower:

Wow ladies! i go away for a day or two and everything is happening!!!! so lets get this straight because there is so much going on

Mummyiwannabe, hereshoping and Brumbar - All very close to egg collection

MrsR32 and Tansey - in the middle of stimming

Wish2bemama, summerbreeze, cazd and myself (gracy) all starting stimms in the next couple of days

Tickled pink and aclio - couple more weeks to wait... It goes fast :flower:

Sammy - having a FET in the next couple of days .

I Go to pick up my drugs tomorrow. I will be 12 dpo, i guess i should poas before i pay the $3000 for the drugs! But i am not going to. I just hate seeing BFNs, af is much better. I dont even think i will test when (if) pupo, i just cant handle it. Then i spend the next half an hour looking in every different light to see if there is the faintest line... agonising. What is everyone else going to do? Will you test early when PUPO?

BabyChristie -I am 31 and my amh was 69! this wasnt a a good thing either because there is a much higher chance of OHSS and then cancelled cycle. Interstingly though they have said i didnt have PCOS so i gotta just trust them. How old are you? I am pretty sure i have read on here somewhere that somewhat got a bfp with an amh of 3.8.

My clinic only gave us the 5 day blasto option but i would think that if they were struggling they would go for earlier. :shrug: So many what ifs hey? so nerve racking! Good luck for all the EC ladies and sammy for the fet :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->