IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Quick stop in as I have to go collect my Metformin prescription and then... I have the night off work! So I'm going to get all my housework done and then hopefully sit down and read through this thread properly. So glad things are going great for you Mummyiwanabe!! :)

I'm a bit worried at the moment as the nurse took some blood as I've been uncomfortable and feeling a bit :sick: I hope the levels come back ok, I really don't want OHSS and it to be cancelled. She only took my blood cos I said, wish I hadn't now! :( Still waiting to hear about EC time and its making me anxious!

If it is OHSS then it's good that she took the blood, even if you regret it now but I'm sure it isn't *fingers crossed* My SIL had OHSS and was in tears and had terrible pain which kept her up all night. The Dr suggested a warm bath to try and help ease the pain... I'm sure everything will be ok and it's probably just the last few weeks catching up with you?!

did it affect her treatment at all?

Just been given my EC time. 10.30am on monday. Got to do my trigger tomo night at 11pm.

She said they would do bloods anyway at EC to check anyway so it would have been done no matter what. They'll go from there but at the moment don't worry. Long as it doesn't cancel my ET! fingers crossed!

on the way home from EC - we got 15 :o) and DH is ok for the job too so all systems go for monday ET... EC was fine no problems - a bit uncomfortable now but doing ok!

I feel fine - was heavily sedated and remember some of it but not any discomfort only snipets of conversation (like 'we need to top her up with more drugs') - was told to expect period like pain later and just take paracemetol for it and that the bleeding should ease off but could be today could be Monday....

So around 15:30 15 eggs will get to meet DHs swimmers and we will get a call tomorrow to tell us how many (if any) have fertilised and assuming fertilisation has happened ET is scheduled for Monday.

I did ask the question about 3 v 5 day and I was told the 5 days is primarliy to protect against multiple births (becasue only one Embie will be put back at day 5) and that the rate of BFP is no better with Day 5 and Day 3. We we given the choice if we wanted to go for day 5 but I would be more than happy with twins and also there is a danger of losing the embie between day 3 and 5.

Hope this helps.

Good luck Brumbar tomorrow and MummyIwanabe for Monday!!!

x x x

heading off for a nap now.....

glad it went well, I have my fingers crossed for fertilisation for you :)

Glad you asked some questions too!! :) xxx

mummy - I hope your not in too much pain. Could you put one of those heat pads on your tummy to help ease the pain whilst out and about. WHen I have bad AF pains my hot water bottle does not leave me. I can not believe EC in on Monday woooohooooooo all the bloating will be worth it. xxxxxx

herehoping - 15 THATS GREAT!!!!!! I bet your really pleased. The little swimmers just have to work there magic now :) I'm not sure what my hospital do with regards to 3 or 5 days. I'll get my paperwork out tonight and have a look and see if it mentions it. I'm glad about the heavy sedation, personally I'd prefer them to just knock me out least I could catch up on some sleep lol I think you deserve to have a nice hot bath get wrapped up in your dressing gown and be pampered by your DH xxxxx

Well, today we had our scan and i have been worrying for ages that something would go wrong and... it could not have gone better! The notes were faxed in the end and were inconclusive. The tissue samples that they took from Shaylee didnt grow well and so we have no further news on that matter. There was nothing showing to say that there was definately something causing it but then they were not able to test to full ability.

We didn't have to see our usual miserable doctor and went straight in to see the nurse. She was lovely. We sat down and went through some details with her and then asked some questions. I then asked her what would happen if the FET didn't work and how long we would have to wait again. Expecting them to say "another month or two" she said "straight away if you like as soon as you receive your AF!" I'm like "WHAT???" OMG thats fantastic and right there and then she gave us a new short 10 day protocol for a fresh cycle of ivf/icsi and printed out our meds prescription.... just like that! She said if the FET doesn't work then go and get the meds and start jabbing on CD1. So basically if FET doesn't work we go straight onto a fresh cycle, no waiting, we just have to call the hospital to let them know we are on CD1.

With regards to the FET, well next I went for my scan. She took some measurements... we don't do millimetres and stuff at that hospital its simple, its either "good" or "bad" lol.

She said "Oooh your ovaries are big" i asked if that was bad and she said "no... no... thats really good. She checked everything else and said everything looked great! I'm on CD 12 today and she said that was perfect. I asked about the embryos and she said they normally do a 4 days transfer... that they try to use a 3 day normally or a 4 day but prefer for them not to get to the blast stage. She said if some progress too quick though they do get to blast stage (not ideal) but not too bad an outcome. So I have been given a prescription for Pregnyl. I will have to take this injection at 7pm tonight and it will be a one off injection only. FET is on Thursday 13th may and she seemed optimistic that because we got 6 eggs and all fertilized that the thawing should go well ::pray:: Sometime today they will call OH and tell him what time we need to go to the clinic on Thursday. FET's will be taken out the night before and slowly defrosted. This is perfect since Thursday is a holiday here so I can have FET and then go home and relax for the rest of the day.

I am so relieved... When we left the Pharmacy I was holding the bag with my injection for this evening so tight it was like I was holding a bag of goldust! lol

So we have two chances now and no waiting and i'm a right happy bunny! It will make it easier for me if FET doesn't work to be able to go straight onto the ivf and at least have some hope! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sammy, yay! Thursday!! WooHoo! Thats great news!

Hereshoping, 15 eggs! That's fab!

Mummy, I really hope it is not OHSS. And I hope you are not in too much pain. I hope it is all those eggies waiting to get out to get fertilized!

Brumbar, good luck!

Thank you so very much ladies for telling me about the 3day vs. 5 day et. I feel much more comfortable with it all now. Looking like we will do two 3 day then! :)

I start stims tomorrow! :happydance:

did it affect her treatment at all?

Just been given my EC time. 10.30am on monday. Got to do my trigger tomo night at 11pm.

She said they would do bloods anyway at EC to check anyway so it would have been done no matter what. They'll go from there but at the moment don't worry. Long as it doesn't cancel my ET! fingers crossed!

I don't think it did... she's had four failed IVF attempts so far but only had OHSS the one time. She's due to have an exploratory on May 24th to see what went wrong. All the eggs fertilised but just didn't take after transfer. They want to know if it's worth trying for a fifth time. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone doing IVF and ICSI and hope its all positive for everyone (including me lol)

Well i have just taken my one off injection and now we have to wait until Thursday to see if the embies have thawed out ok. Nothing more we can do until then.

God i hope this works so i dont have to go through that bloody EC again... you dont get knocked out here and it flipping hurts and i hated every minute of it, it was by far the worst experience of the whole procedure :growlmad:

Evening All!

BabyChristie, I've been through all my results and I was never tested for AMH, now I want to know why!! So sorry I can't advise at all on that, I don't know anything about it.
I bet if you set a thread up some ladies will be able to help.

Aclio, I know 17th June will feel like a life time away at the mo but all I can say is the month leading up to us starting absolutely flew by, just try and keep busy busy busy!!
We're going to Glastonbury this year as our holidays, I cannot wait! I will either be very newly pregnant which will be an interesting scenario at a festival (!) or it will have failed and I will be drowning my sorrows!! What about you??

MummyIwanabe wow, sounds like you have loads of follies developing, is that 20 then?!! How exciting! I bet you cannot wait for Monday!!

Hereshoping, 15 eggs, woohoo, that's awesome!! Hope you're getting some well earned rest, let us know how everything develops!

Brumbar, bestest of luck for tomorrow!!

Hi Sammy and wow that's such excellent news you've had, Thursday is just round the corner! Keep us posted!

Wishtobemama, ooh we're going to be quite close in our cycles, yeey! I have just done my second injection, let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Happy Weekend everyone!
xx

Evening All!

BabyChristie, I've been through all my results and I was never tested for AMH, now I want to know why!! So sorry I can't advise at all on that, I don't know anything about it.
I bet if you set a thread up some ladies will be able to help.

Aclio, I know 17th June will feel like a life time away at the mo but all I can say is the month leading up to us starting absolutely flew by, just try and keep busy busy busy!!
We're going to Glastonbury this year as our holidays, I cannot wait! I will either be very newly pregnant which will be an interesting scenario at a festival (!) or it will have failed and I will be drowning my sorrows!! What about you??

MummyIwanabe wow, sounds like you have loads of follies developing, is that 20 then?!! How exciting! I bet you cannot wait for Monday!!

Hereshoping, 15 eggs, woohoo, that's awesome!! Hope you're getting some well earned rest, let us know how everything develops!

Brumbar, bestest of luck for tomorrow!!

Hi Sammy and wow that's such excellent news you've had, Thursday is just round the corner! Keep us posted!

Wishtobemama, ooh we're going to be quite close in our cycles, yeey! I have just done my second injection, let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Happy Weekend everyone!
xx

Thanks Summer... yes its a quickie this time round! Its all crept up on us and its hard to believe that its already less than a week away! :wacko:

Oo we will be close summer breeze! 12 hours until my first injection! :D

Oh wow... It's great to read such good news from you all.
15 eggs is a RESULT!!
And I had no idea that u could do back to back cycles. That's fab!
One question though... What's amh? I didn't get that tested either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->