IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I can't remember what AMH stands for but its a blood test some clinics do at pre-treatment stage to determine ovarian reserve levels. My clinic does it to see how many eggs you have left and how many follicles you are likely to have. It helps them to calculate the dosage level, so if your AMH is a problem they put you straight on a higher dose which is what will happen to me.

Thanks everyone for sharing your AMH levels where you know them. I'm 35 but even so I think mine are pretty low in comparison. I am feeling more positive because I know I can still produce eggies hopefully. Just waiting for my AF after my last IUI and then I can start planning for my IVF cycle.

There are so many good things going on here for everyone at the moment - good follicles and good eggies! Good luck to all of you going through treatment this week. xx

don't worry girlies if you didn't have amh then you prob had fsh on day 3 roughly they are similar and aim to do the same thing so my clinic said. These things are not 100% accurate but it's always useful. This is how they sometimes predict menopause by estimating which some career ladies opt for :)

good luck brum xxx

Hi Everyone, just got the phone call telling us that 12 of the 15 fertilised! DH is going on about his supersperm... Am happy excited now but know things can change overnight - looks like ET is scheduled for mon pm but we will get a call tomorrow pm to confirm and give up am update on numbers and quality etc. All they could tell us today was the number fertilised they have no idea of quality yet.
I felt really sore last night but feel a lot better this morning and the bleeding has stopped too.

Good luck everyone and will keep you all posted x

herehoping - 12 thats fantastic!!!! roll on Monday :) How have you been feeling? Can you remember much of the EC?

Ladies, still at clinic, got out of theatre 20 min ago... 9eggs collected- really happy as the norm for mild IVF is 4-7! Fingers x-ed they fertilise well! Xxxx will tell you more about the procedure later. It does not hurt, so DON'T worry, I even fell asleed after number 4! X

brumbar - 9!!! woohooo thats great. keep us updated. I'm glad to hear the procedure was ok and pain free xxxx

Thanks Aclio! Heres hoping! Good news Hun! Really happy for you! Looks like We'll be having ET on the same day! My clinic does 2day transfers!
YAY! I can't believe they got 9 eggies! Xxxx

herehoping thats great i had the same amount as u fx u get sum frosties
brumbar 9 is great for mild ivf i couldnt remember athing bout my ec

Good one Hereshoping and Brumbar! you guys must be excited they are great numbers!:happydance: Good luck mummyiwannabe, are you nervous?

Brumbar, just a quick question abou the mild ivf, did that mean you had a low dose then? I picked up my drugs this morn and the nurse said i was on a very low dose only 125 or something... Anyway they are sitting in the fridge waiting for af to arrive. On her way i reckon judging by the cramping, i am getting nervous now too. But it has been a great help to hear about you guys who have started stimming earlier so i can kind of know what to expect. Relieved that ec doesnt sound so awful? I dont think i want to know if it is anyway :wacko:

Hi Gracy! Yes, It's a lower dose throughout and no down reg. You start stimming on CD 2 and add antagonist to prevent Ovulation.
I did 9days stims on Gonal f 150 and took 4 doses antagonist - cetrotide- from when follies were around 13-14. Trigger on CD 11 and collection on cd 13...
Xxx

Well done Hereshoping and brum! Good news! Well another uncomfortable night for me last night and this morning I felt a bit dodgey. Feeling ok now I've taken some paracetemol, not nervous yet, looking forward to getting them out to be honest!! Glad to hear its not too painful, I hope I agree after Monday! :) xx

Congratulations Hereshoping and Brumbar, that's fantastic news!!

Hope you both have a nice restful weekend ahead, you deserve it!!

xx

Fab news Brumbar and hereshoping!! Next week looks to be an exciting one! :)

I started my stims! YES!! I am officially an IVFer! :happydance: It stung for a min, then it was gone. I think it was because it was cold. I start my micro hcg tonight! (for endometrium growth I think)

Hereshoping and Brumbar - great results! Sending you loads of :dust: for your transfers on Monday.

MummyIwanabe - good luck for EC on Monday and hope you feel ok until then! :dust:

Sammy good luck with FET :dust:

Wish2bmama - good luck with your stimms today! :thumbup:

Summer Breeze - how is your stimms going? :hugs:

MrsR32 - how did your follie scan go?

cazd - not long til you start now! :happydance:

ACLIO - I hope time goes fast for you so you can start too :hugs:

BabyChristie, tickledpink and everyone else how are you doing? :hugs:

5th Stimms injection tonight and already having twinges, especially on left side which I am surprised about!

Wow how exciting Wish2bmama!! We're so close me you and Tansey, I'm having my 3rd injection tonight!

Tansey how are your injections going??

Wish2bmama & Tansey when you you have your first scan??
My clinic usually do their first on day 6/7 but they are worried about all the scarring on my ovaries from the Endo as to whether I'm going to respond, even on 300 units a day! So they're going to make a decision on Monday whether to up it or not. I hope not cause at the moment I'm having 4 vials of Menopur with 1 one water which is the max - if you go above 5 you have to make it into 2 injections!

xx

Wow we are really close!

Wow, 4 vials!

I go for my first follie scan on cd 7, wed! I'm on 150 units at the mo. They will see if they need to change my dose then. Yay! Bring on the hormones!

Not long to go now for some of you ladies! It must be exciting!! I can't wait to be at your stage...

I know it's only 12 days until we officially start so I should be pleased but I'm feeling a little down again. I had to come home early from work Thursday night after the consultant told me I had PCOS. Just as well I had yesterday off work because I couldn't stop crying. DH took me out for some retail therapy... but then the Metformin started to kick in. I had an upset stomach and stomach pains. I ended up going to bed early and slept for ten hours. I ended up going back to bed at 1pm and didn't get up until 4.30pm... my head and neck is killing me. DH says it's stress... feeling sicky and just crap in general. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm strong enough for all of this. All of you ladies have been through so much and I'm only just starting. I've forgotten what it's like to feel normal and just want it to end but I know I can't give up if I want that BFP :cry:

Tickled Pink this is a very hard journey but somehow we have to remain positive and strong - otherwise we couldn't do it :rofl:
You have a bit of time before you start and I'm sure that time will heal you enough to feel stronger than right now. Sleep is also a healer and if you need it just stay in bed :thumbup:
As well as a lot of other emotions, I am excited to be doing this and that helps spur you on! Biggest :hugs: you will be ok!

Summer I have just done my 5th injection of 150. I have a day 8 scan on TUesday.

Thanks Aclio! Heres hoping! Good news Hun! Really happy for you! Looks like We'll be having ET on the same day! My clinic does 2day transfers!
YAY! I can't believe they got 9 eggies! Xxxx

I got 6 eggs at EC and 6 fertilized... 2 transferred and 2 were good enough to freeze. FET is next week but we have a new protocol for if it doesnt work and the doctor has put me on the same protocol. When i asked if 6 was enough she said that 6 was fantastic and to just look at the results...!!! They all fertilised! She told me that its much better than getting 12-20 eggs as if the numbers are lower then the quality of the eggs are better! I tend to believe this as all mine fertilized! Therefore I have kept the same dosage of meds for the next Protocol if we need it... if I get the same result again I will be MORE than happy! Congrats on your 9 eggies :hugs:

Tansey - thanks and good luck to you as well

Mummy - not long now til EC - good luck for Monday!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->