IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Got 7 mature eggs out of 11. 6 of which fertilised. Pleased with fertilisation rate. Hope they're good grades but won't know till thurs at ET.

Hope I get some frosties if I'm lucky don't wana do this treatment again lol ouch!

Ann did you get bad wind and were you really sore? When did you feel better? Got some wind back time for peppermint tea!!! Arghhhh!

i had horrible wind i still do now, i was sore until i went to the toilet n as soon as i pee'd it would ease until i needed the toilet again i still get pains now i think it has alot to do with the ohss just drink plenty n take painkillers if it gets bad,

I'm the same geez I was Hoping to be better by ET an def by weekend!

Thanks annmc for reassuring me that I'm not abnormal it's been worse than I expected!

Hi everyone
Big fat congrats heres hoping on being PUPO:happydance:, Hopefully the TWW goes quickly.
Good luck with the ET Brumbar :thumbup:
Glad you got 6 embies mummy, thats great. good luck with your ET as well :flower:

I had some bad news today.... looks like there is a really high chance my cycle is getting cancelled before it even got off the ground. To say i am gutted is an understatement. I went saturday and got my drugs all ok, low dose apparently.
AF came today (final hope for a natural bfp gone :cry:),so i rang the clinic to let them know thinking i will be starting stimms tommorrow, but no. They say that i had an ovarian cyst last scan and cant start til its gone. The real prob though is this, i work as a sonographer and am constantly scanning my ovaries to see what is going on (small perk of the trade), so i know for a fact that the cyst they were referring to had gone away within 3 days of the last scan. But now i scan today and there is another on in exactly the same spot where i ovulated this month! So i try to tell them that the last one was no prob it went straight away and this is a new one that will be gone in a few days, but because they didnt scan me middle of the month when there was nothing going on they dont feel inclined to believe me. To be honest i think they are a bit annoyed at me and think i am a know all. What should i do??? Apparently the absolute latest i could start my stims would be friday night - day three. Maybe i should insist they scan me friday to prove theres no problem? My understanding of the luteal phase of the cycle is that it is normal to see corpus luteum on the ovary up to 3 days after the start of af, so i think these cysts they are referring to are just a normal part of ovarian function. :growlmad:

I dont want to be pushy and awful with them and i have to try and trust them, but at the same time the thought of waiting another month when i have a fridge full of injections....besides this seems to be normal for me so they will get the same thing next month... i will never get started :cry::cry::cry:

Ahh gracy this sucks :( I think if you know that it went after 3 days I would insist they scam you on fri like you mentioned.

I am so sorry about this set back. Just try explaining you can't bare to wait another week and maybe they'll scan on fri as a last resort for u to still be able to start on time.

I hope and pray you get good news soon xxx

oh Gracy that sucks! I had a scan and they found a cyst waaay past ov that turned out yo be an un-errupted follicle. Its so odd though - Id've thought they'd take you MORE seriously 'cos you're a sonographer?! arse.

and Mummy !!! you've got 6 little babies all growing and fighting for their lives :cloud9:
incredible that there's life in a little petri dish - and it belongs to you!
Will they call you tomorrow to let you know the progress?

When did the wind start for you? Is that something I've got to look forward to? BOOO

Hi Ladies!!!!
GREAT news Mummy!!!!!!! grow embies, grow! I also have wind - it started when i started the progesterone
Gracy, Fingers x-ed hun!I had a cyst and it continued to grow with stimms but my clinic went ahead, they even do it it endo cyst as long it is not on the way- how big is yours? what explaination did they give you!!!!????

Well, at 12:20 today our lovely embies boarded my womb! I am now officially PUPO!!!!!
Both grade one and according to the embriologist - really nice
1x 4 cell (but looking perfect)
1x 8 cell and compacting

Our 3rd embie has arested.... :cry:
they are doing an early blood test for me on the 22nd of May! Hereshoping, when is your test date?

the wind started the evening after EC and its bloody uncomfortable. Not to mention its sore anyway! Ugh I hope im better tomorrow :)

Brum - great news youve got 2 babies on board! hope they snuggle in nicely! Sorry to hear about the third one but least you got 2 in :) what was it like uncomfortable?

I hope the pessaries dont give me more wind as I have enough wind already! ouch!

I dont get an update on embies now until we go in for ET. Wish I did but no such luck! xx

Hi Mummy!,
not at all.... no pain, no cramping at all! Our procedure lasted longer because we had a trainee (not really a trainee, but new to the clinic) observing it , so we got a medical lecture from the consultant on Et- I found that really intersting!
they can't use any lubrication at all, stick the metal thing in, open your VJ, clean it really nicely inside with the same stuff they use to grow the embies, they need to clean all the mucous and stuff.... then they put a trial catheter in to ensure they can reach the uterus (my clinic does it, but not all), then they get the embies out of the lab and inject them in!
you lie there for a while and that's it!!! DH gets to watch!:)

wow sounds great apart from the metal clamp!!! hate that bit of smear tests! hoping my discomfort will be gone by thurs so i can have et comfortably :)

believe the metal clamp will be the last thing on your mind...especially when they tell you that the more relaxed you and your muscles are, the better chance you have !!! I forgot about the people in the room and the clamps and everything! LOL

brumbar -thats great news. The 2 of them will be getting all nice and snug. Sending you lost of

:dust: :dust: :dust:

What was the catheter bit like? I really struggled with my HSG so I'm abit worried about EC and ET :(

the wind started the evening after EC and its bloody uncomfortable. Not to mention its sore anyway! Ugh I hope im better tomorrow :)

Brum - great news youve got 2 babies on board! hope they snuggle in nicely! Sorry to hear about the third one but least you got 2 in :) what was it like uncomfortable?

I hope the pessaries dont give me more wind as I have enough wind already! ouch!

I dont get an update on embies now until we go in for ET. Wish I did but no such luck! xx

I had wind really bad from the trigger shot to quite a while after ET... i think the trigger shot causes this as well as I have it now as well really bad trapped wind. I hate it and im bloated (like last time) and my ovaries feel heavy (same) but i won't complain at all if it works!

Mummy... only tomorrow to get through and we have our transfers on Thursday!!! :happydance:

brumbar -thats great news. The 2 of them will be getting all nice and snug. Sending you lost of

:dust: :dust: :dust:

What was the catheter bit like? I really struggled with my HSG so I'm abit worried about EC and ET :(

don't worry hun, it's thinner than the inside of a pen, and very flexible- the catheter for hsg wa a bit bigger. it is only used for ET.
You won't have any problems, believe me - I'm a chicken poo!!!!!!..and I was fine...My legs were shaking on the table for EC...and it was a walk in the park!- the HSG is worse than EC and ET

Yay sammy only 1 more day to get through!!! Hope my embies are developing nicely :) hope yours thaw well too :)

Lots of updates today!

Mummy: 6 is great – best of luck on Thursday –and no it doesn’t hurt – just try and relax!

Gracy: I would explain the pattern and ask them to rescan – they should at least have the professional courtesy to discuss the possibility. Just remind them that yes you are a professional but that at the moment you are first and foremost TTC and that the waiting is killing you....

Brumbar: Two tucked up in bed! My test day is Mon 24th - I just have to do a home test and call in the results (we can go to them for the test but it would just be a reg. stick test and not a blood test anyway). So you will know before me!

ACLIO: Our consultant put a catheter in place first then they took a photo (and pointed out the catheter) and took a second photo afterwards to show me the 2 embryos in the lining (and yep DH got to see the lightening flash as they went in!). I was really worried about the catheter going in place because of previous experiences but I listened to my hypnosis mp3 in the waiting area and during the procedure so I was really relaxed and honestly did not feel a thing (obviously I knew something was going on but it was not uncomfortable).

Sammy: Good luck on Thursday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->