IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Good luck for today! MummyIwanabe, Sammy is your ET today? If so good luck to you as well!!
xxxx

Well its 9.20am and the hospital receptionist has just called... the transfer is at 12pm this afternnon.

We asked how many thawed out ok and the cells but she didnt know this information and said the person doing the transfer will explain all we need to know when we get there. OH specifically asked if there is definately something to transfer and she confirmed this was correct (sounds like a flipping court case doesnt it?)

She was basically only the messenger and didn't know any other information, just that to book us an appointment... so we don't know if they both made it or not but one did for sure otherwise we wouldn't be going! :happydance:

Morning! Nervous tummy this morning which along with the lactolose has given great bm! Sorry tmi haha

They don't call with grading they tell me when there. No news is good news only reason they call is to cancel :s I'm opting for 2 which they advised against due to my age. Well that's providing their good quality it might be different once I get there.

How many are u having?

Eek!!!

Morning mummy! Good luck for today and I hope you get some great embies... how many fertilized again? We are having two put back in if we have the chance, basically because I dont want to keep on having FET's and since we have only two embies on ice then i'm going to put them both back in, if it doesnt work then i can start my fresh cycle which has better results than FET. THATS IF THEY HAVE BOTH THAWED! If not then i guess it will be the last remaining embie on its own then....finally re-homed! :hugs:

BTW they advised against me having two as well but only one made it in the end for my IVF... they said that multiples "could" lead to terrible life threatening complications if i should get pregnant with twins... COULD. iT DIDNT THOUGH...

Sammy and Mummy - good luck for today, I want to know all the details when you both get back! xx

Sammy and Mummy - good luck for today, I want to know all the details when you both get back! xx

Thanks hun and promise to do so... i am only worried about the embies and looking forward to the transfer as i found the last one quite pleasant and really moving and I know it doesnt hurt.

Will update you all later :hugs:

Good luck today girls. Let us know how many, number of cells, quality etc

Morning, 6 of ours fertilised whether thats still the same i dont know :shrug: we shall see! I'm def having 2, I was told a 25% chance of twins but thats fine either way we'd be delighted! 75% chance says it wont happen so I just wana give ourselves the best chance! then whatever happens happens its out of our hands :)

I've been putting pessaries up my Vag so I'm concerned its going to be messy up there when they go up there for ET? do they clean it or something? sorry tmi I know but at the moment I've got residue of cream up there lol!

Hope it goes well Sammy! You're an hour before me :) xx

Morning, 6 of ours fertilised whether thats still the same i dont know :shrug: we shall see! I'm def having 2, I was told a 25% chance of twins but thats fine either way we'd be delighted! 75% chance says it wont happen so I just wana give ourselves the best chance! then whatever happens happens its out of our hands :)

I've been putting pessaries up my Vag so I'm concerned its going to be messy up there when they go up there for ET? do they clean it or something? sorry tmi I know but at the moment I've got residue of cream up there lol!

Hope it goes well Sammy! You're an hour before me :) xx

So we are both in the same boat... we never got told until we got to hospital either just that 6 eggs - all fertilized. When we got there two were great and ready for ET and the other 4 were behind so they said they would check to see the status the next day and then freeze any that have made it, which was two. They said they have to be a really excellent grade in order to be frozen at that particular hospital so we feel kind of lucky.

I never took Progesterone until AFTER the ET... then i took it twice a day morning and night until two weeks after the ET and then they stopped it and said, "as from now, what will happen will happen and Progesterone will ONLY prevent what might be the enevitable" so basically there was no point in taking anymore of it. I didn't realise that it could be prescribed before ET....

Anyway, good luck, again... im off to get ready now as I want to leave in about 30 mins (its 10.40 here in Holland) I'm so excited... Hope we both get two lovely strong embies and you get some to freeze as well :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeh both in same boat. i just checked my paperwork to check I wasn't going mad about the progesterone and I was supposed to take it on tues so must just be different I guess over here.

Good luck hun xxx

Mummy - have you been told whether you are to have a full bladder for the ET? I think i have just remembered that they told me to have a half full one or something? Panic Stations!!!!

I was told eat and drink as normal, have a wee before you leave then don't pee when you get there. Then bladder should be full enough. clinic told me not to drink a lot before we left otherwise I'd be major uncomfortable but yeh you need a semi full/full bladder! Nice!!

I was told eat and drink as normal, have a wee before you leave then don't pee when you get there. Then bladder should be full enough. clinic told me not to drink a lot before we left otherwise I'd be major uncomfortable but yeh you need a semi full/full bladder! Nice!!

Pfffftttt! Ok Thanks....:hugs:

when i had et i had a full bladder then i told the nurse i needed 2 pee and she said i could u dont need a full bladder

Thanks Ann, what about the pessaries? do you put in vag? wont that affect ET?

good luck Sammy & Mummy! X
i had to take the progest since the stims finished but if you are taking them vag not to take them the morning of transfer (so it will be a clear run!)

i am sure that is fine - they will give you a washout as standard. As i am taking them rect i just took it as normal. Either way you can not undo it (and dont even try! Because you might introduce something) - every clinic seems to do things differently so yours may just be 'business as usual'

Thank you hun, wow I panicked then and posted a seperate thread for advice incase I've messed up! I guess they'll have to give me a wash out! not gona try and undo it even tho the power shower did cross my mind! :rofl: haha!

It makes sense tho, I knew I was blonde for a reason! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->