IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

I was told not to do the morning pessary if ET was scheduled for the morning (unless I did it really early, like 6am).

If your bladder's a bit full it pushes the uterus down a bit to make it easier to see but if it's empty they can still do it apparently.

We had the call from the clinic about an hour ago, only 4 of my 9 eggs were suitable for injecting and only 2 survived the night. I'm really disappointed that so many weren't viable (apparently my eggs were very fragile) but we are going ahead with ET tomorrow and both are being put back so we've just got to keep our fingers crossed that they're nice and strong (the embryologist said they are exactly where they should be today).

Sorry you didnt get the numbers you were hoping for MrsR but it looks like the two you have are off to a perfect start! Fingers crossed X

i think I should be ok, my ET is at 1.10pm and I did pessary at 7.30am so I should be ok. They didn't say not to so I assume its not a problem if it is then maybe they can do a washout like hereshoping said :) I'm going come what may! hehe

MrsR32 - sorry you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for. It seems that a lot of ladies get quite a few immature or fragile eggs. I got 3 immature and 1 abnormal egg. I'm glad you're 2 are off to a good start and are where they should be. i pray they grow strong for you :) Is that a 2 day transfer for you?

just trying to plick up enough courage for my first stim injection. I think i will have a cup of tea first. DH is on night shift so hes at work now, have to do it all by myself.

Mrs R sorry you didnt get the numbers you were hoping for, but two nice strong ones will do the job. Good luck with ET :thumbup:

Sammy and Mummy - dying to know how you got on, hope everything is well, does that mean we will now how 4 people PUPO?

Frindabelle, we are pretty close together on the short cycle. We can agonise together :flower: I see from your signature that this is your second cycle?

Wish2bemama, 30 follicles! wow thats excellent! I am only on a 125 dose as well because they are worried about hyperstimulation as well.

Mummy - yes, we've got a 2 day transfer. I asked why they didn't want to wait until Saturday as 2 days doesn't sound long enough but she said they only wait if there are a few to choose from so they pick the best. As we've only got 2 they know which ones will be going back so there's no benefit in waiting apparently.

Ooh, it's not long until your ET, I'm thinking of you!

Hi everyone!!! I'm back! :happydance:

We left within plenty of time and arrived at the Erasmus Hospital... except it was the WRONG Erasmus hospital! We got back in the car and by now it was 11.45... only 15 mins to go. The Tomtom always packs up around Rotterdam area and it was not going to give us any exceptions today! :dohh: So we travelled blind until it decided to finally work and got to the proper hospital at 12pm dead. We waited for about 5 minutes maximum and then we were called in. I undressed and sat on the edge of the chair and they said that they defrosted two and that one had made it... the other, well, it was virtually pulp i think (poor little embie) They said that as soon as then looked at it this morning they knew that that one was gone. They said this normally happens when they are freezing the embryos and the solution starts to crystalize and thats what finishes them off. Anyway this is probably for the best since we have already bought the pram for our last pregnancy and OH would probably flip if it was twins and then we have to spend another 1,000 on a new one! :haha:

I then lay down and they gave me a vaginal scan to see inside me... she said my lining was nice and thick (dont know the measurements!) and then they inserted the speculum inside me and expanded it and put in the wider catheter. The embryologist then collected the other catheter with the embie inside and inserted it into the smaller catheter and injected the embie quite well into my uterus lining. She showed me on the screen the little white dot and said that although an embie was too small to ever see at this point with the naked eye you could see the white dot as it encased in fluid or something. The embryologist then put the catheter under the microscope just to double check that the embie was definitely out and it was. I got dressed right away... no waiting and was told i could use the bathroom and we left.

OH then took me for a lovely lunch at the local restaurant and now we are home. Its just a waiting game now to see if its successful... personally i am not that optimisic but OH is. If it doesn't work then we already have a new 10day short protocol and prescription for the drugs at home for a fresh cycle of IVF/ICSI which we can start on CD 1 so there will be no waiting for another try.

So, this embie is looking good... its a 4 day blast and I feel thankful that one survived. I have seen many times people defrost 6 and only get 2 out of it so I consider ourselves lucky that with only two, any survived. Please stick embie! :flower:

Gracey- will be great to have someone on Short protocol as well, This is my 2nd go I was on long protocol last time and they 'think' they down regged me too much so my egg quality wasn't all that great, So here we go again, I'm on 150ml of Menopur a day then I start Cetrotide on Saturday.
I'm cacking it a little but I'm feeling positive I've got nothing to lost but a lot to gain I guess :) xxxx

Aww, glad things went well in the end! Put your feet up and take it easy now - darned 2week wait!

Sammy-well done and best of luck for the 2ww!! :) xxx

Thanks and good luck for your short protocol... this is what i will be doing if this FET doesnt work. I do like the short protocols!!!

To be honest i dont hold out much hope and in my head i have already moved onto thoughts of the new protocol which i shouldnt do but hey you have to be realistic that these FET's only have a 10-15% success rate and then can result in MC (not saying they all do of course) We will see what happens... we still have two more shots at a fresh cycle on our medical insurance and FET's (as many as we are able to do) so all is not lost. Its just the waiting.

I will test on Wednesday (this will be 6 days after ET with 4 day embie) this is when i got my BFP last time.

Congrats Sammy on being PUPO! Hope the 2ww will fly by for you!

Good luck today Mummy!

MrsR, I am sorry you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for. These two sound good though! Hope they grown nice and strong for tomorrow

As for me, today I can feel my ovaries tingle. And I'm a bit uncomfortable now. But it's all for a good beggining! :)

xx

I'm back now, proceedure was fine no problems at all. I've got 2 embryos in me, grade 1 8 cell and grade 2 7 cell. Although all 6 made it none were strong enough for freezing. I have to admit I cried my eyes out. I was surprised I couldn't freeze any. Really was hoping I could so I wouldn't need to do this again. I feel like all my eggs are in one basket now!! Also feel unlucky like I've not responded as expected. Anyway cry out the way I feel better so trying to be positive now.

My ovaries are swollen she said and I have some fluid which is trapping the wind. I am still border line ohss. Gota keep drinking plenty etc

Well done sammy we are pupo eh? Think that's 4 of us now.

Good luck everyone with your jabs etc

Congrats Sammy on being PUPO! Hope the 2ww will fly by for you!

Good luck today Mummy!

MrsR, I am sorry you didn't get the numbers you were hoping for. These two sound good though! Hope they grown nice and strong for tomorrow

As for me, today I can feel my ovaries tingle. And I'm a bit uncomfortable now. But it's all for a good beggining! :)

xx

Thanks and wishing you all the best as well hun... testing in 6 days as i will the be the equivalent of 10dpo. A short procedure and a short (less than) 1WW :happydance:

I'm back now, proceedure was fine no problems at all. I've got 2 embryos in me, grade 1 8 cell and grade 2 7 cell. Although all 6 made it none were strong enough for freezing. I have to admit I cried my eyes out. I was surprised I couldn't freeze any. Really was hoping I could so I wouldn't need to do this again. I feel like all my eggs are in one basket now!! Also feel unlucky like I've not responded as expected. Anyway cry out the way I feel better so trying to be positive now.

My ovaries are swollen she said and I have some fluid which is trapping the wind. I am still border line ohss. Gota keep drinking plenty etc

Well done sammy we are pupo eh? Think that's 4 of us now.

Good luck everyone with your jabs etc

Hey mummy... sorry you didnt get any to freeze :nope: but think on the positive side of things that you have two great embies on board and a great chance of being pregnant and it sticking. Wishing you all the luck in the world honey. No procedure is perfect and I was hoping both of ours thawed but they didnt and so thats that basically, not much i can do. I hope the embie that we have now will stick and grow and i will get the final result that we hope for. 4 PUPOS wow... who are the 2 other pupos and their test dates?

I'm testing on 19th May x

Sammy - good luck with your 2ww. sorry about only having one. I also think things happen for a reason your reason is so your DH doesn't go made at buying another pram :)

Mummy - I know you must be disappointed about not having any to freeze. Stay positive, the reason why there's none to freeze is because your going to have twin and you won't want anymore after the twins :)

I wish you both good luck in your 2ww and I hope it doesn't send you both too insane
xxxx

welcome to the PUPO party Mummy & Sammy!
Hope you are feeling more positive soon Mummy - you have life on board - lets hope they do their magic :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->