IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Evening All
Congratulations Mummy & Sammy for today, hope you've got your feet up and those embies are snuggling down for 9 months..

Brumbar, congratulations on the promotion, that's fantastic news!

Hi teapot! And welcome and yes I DO find the BDing smiley slightly distrurbing haha!

Hi caline! Hope the :witch: arrives soon!

MrsR32 GOOD LUCK for tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear how you get on

Back for my second scan tomorrow so I am praying praying praying for better news!! [-o<

xx

Hi all. I am a newbie here; but not new to this Infertility process. :-(

This will be my 1st IVF and I am also a candidate for ICSI. I am not sure when my date is for ET but today is my 9th day on Lupron. I got AF yesterday so tomorrow I go into the office for my Day 3 - ultrasound and bw. I guess the ET will happen sometime late this month or early next month.

Nice to meet you all.

Danielle

Hi Ladies!
Teapot and Dani - welcome!
Summer and Tansey- good luck today!
Hereshoping, Mummy and Sammy- how is the TWW? I swear I had very mild discomfort in the uterus area today- similar to the dragging I get when Af comes...hope this was twinnies Implanting and not just a product of my imagination... Will test next tuesday- wednesday to check if hcg shot is out! Annd the again on thursday.... Or shall I just do thursday???

MrsR- good luck with the transfer! Fingers x-ed your embies have grown perfect! XXx
Hope I haven't missed anyone...

Hi Ladies!
Teapot and Dani - welcome!
Summer and Tansey- good luck today!
Hereshoping, Mummy and Sammy- how is the TWW? I swear I had very mild discomfort in the uterus area today- similar to the dragging I get when Af comes...hope this was twinnies Implanting and not just a product of my imagination... Will test next tuesday- wednesday to check if hcg shot is out! Annd the again on thursday.... Or shall I just do thursday???

MrsR- good luck with the transfer! Fingers x-ed your embies have grown perfect! XXx
Hope I haven't missed anyone...

I had some twinges last night.... the same that i had when i had IVF and was pregnant with Shaylee. Blasts are supposed to implant within a day so i hope this was it. Everyone was asking me in the afternoon if i had the same twinges and i said no but last night i could feel that sensation again that I had last time so I hope its the embie snuggling in!! I am testing next Wednesday since last time I had BFP with CB digi at that point :hugs:

Yay Sammy and Mummy :dance::dance::dance::dance: You're both PUPO!!
Well done to you both.

Sammy, You have a good attitude, and I guess knowing you can go straight into a fresh cycle helps as no waiting about, but...you WILL NOT need that fresh cycle, as you will have your lines before then.

Mummy, great news that you have 2 embies back home. I can understand your upset at not having any to freeze, but here's hoping they both stick so you have your twins!

Good luck to you both for the 2ww, and to all you other ladies in the 2ww/having treatment.

Me...I'm just waiting.......:coffee:

I am grounded though Caline... last time I had two put back in and I was convinced they would both stick and only one did and they were top of the class Grade A perfect embies. I have seen this a lot... I have also seen 2 and 3 put back in and none of them stick. I have seen one put back and that to stick and then again it might not. I know that only 1 in 4 IVF's will work and that FET has a lower chance. Its important for me to remember these odds and not to assume its going to work just cos everything looks good. This is the best way I can handle this in my head... IVF/FET is a lottery and not everyone is going to win it! As we both know!!! :hugs:

Hows you anyway? When you doing another FET hun? :hugs:

Morning all, welcome to Dani.

Brum - congrats on your promotion, well done you! The 2ww - well can't really call it that yet as its a bit early days for me. It is the weirdest feeling knowing that I have 2 embies in there (the closest I've ever been to a bfp) and I feel no different. i was so last night on my rib cage and back prob from wind. They said my ovaries were pretty big and fluid was there so that's why the wind is trapped. This morning I feel a bit better and I'm up at the computer. Not so bloated but i ache lots. I don't know when implantation happens for a 3 days but on google it said 2-5 days so who knows. i hope i see a spec of implantation bleed lol my dog just jumped up at me and socked me one with her paws right by my ovary! :wacko: i freaked a bit but c'est la vie what can I do.

I got a little scan of our embies in there, I just hope they stick!

Sammy sounds like a good twinge to me, i've had so many aches etc I'm not reading into anything. I don't feel to positive about the whole thing at the moment. of course in my mind I can't see how it wouldn't work but I know the stats and i'm keeping this in mind.

MrsR32 - let us know how you get on, I hope your 2 made it :)

Hope everyone has a good day, nearly the weekend! gota work tomo so resting up today x

Morning all, welcome to Dani.

Brum - congrats on your promotion, well done you! The 2ww - well can't really call it that yet as its a bit early days for me. It is the weirdest feeling knowing that I have 2 embies in there (the closest I've ever been to a bfp) and I feel no different. i was so last night on my rib cage and back prob from wind. They said my ovaries were pretty big and fluid was there so that's why the wind is trapped. This morning I feel a bit better and I'm up at the computer. Not so bloated but i ache lots. I don't know when implantation happens for a 3 days but on google it said 2-5 days so who knows. i hope i see a spec of implantation bleed lol my dog just jumped up at me and socked me one with her paws right by my ovary! :wacko: i freaked a bit but c'est la vie what can I do.

I got a little scan of our embies in there, I just hope they stick!

Sammy sounds like a good twinge to me, i've had so many aches etc I'm not reading into anything. I don't feel to positive about the whole thing at the moment. of course in my mind I can't see how it wouldn't work but I know the stats and i'm keeping this in mind.

MrsR32 - let us know how you get on, I hope your 2 made it :)

Hope everyone has a good day, nearly the weekend! gota work tomo so resting up today x

Hi mummy - pleased to hear you are feeling better today! :happydance:

For myself its important to keep my head intact :wacko:

As a first time IVF patient last time round I automatically thought that it would work and both embies would implant... I know now thats just not how it works. It only works for 25% of people sadly and I will have to accept that i might be in the minority. I am optimistic in a way but just not getting overwhelmed by the whole thing. Its hard to imagine why IVF wouldn't work with 2 perfect embies put back in... in reality IT SHOULD work. I think this is why people are so upset when it doesn't. Its a complete lottery and our doctor said that he has placed 4 and 6 embies in older previous patients and non have stuck and then on the other hand he has transfered one and it has worked. I think a lot of it depends on how you react to IVF and how well your body deals with it. Maybe some womens bodies see if as a foreign body and automatically reject it... i dont know. I am not expecting too much at this stage... anything extra will be a bonus! :thumbup:

I agree, I'm trying to be positive but hugely realistic. I need to protect myself. When do you think i could test? Not sure when the trigger shot will be out of my system.

Thanks Brumbar, scan went really well this morning!!
My ovaries have "woken up"! I now have 11 follies on my left and 5 on my right!! The right one is the one that's hiding but zhe said there is still time for it to move. Got to go back for scan on Sunday with egg collection either Tues or Weds. :yipee:

Hope everyone is doing well
xx

Brilliant news summer breeze :) so glad to hear they've woken up! woo hoo! :happydance:

I agree, I'm trying to be positive but hugely realistic. I need to protect myself. When do you think i could test? Not sure when the trigger shot will be out of my system.

Did you have 3 day embies? If so thats what i had last time.... I tested i think about 4 days after ET to make sure that it was before a line would show and after the injection should be out of my system so I could get a clear BFN and know it was the trigger inj out and making way for a hopeful BFP! I just used an ebay cheapie for this.

Then I did test everyday until i got a BFP... i finally got my BFP (with CB Digi) 7days after ET so with the 3 days embie that would make a normal 10 days after a normal ovulation for which a BFP should really show by then (but not carved in stone!)

This time my embie is 4 days old so i will test 6 days after ET (10dpo) which is Wednesday 19th. I would test from Thursday if I were you but I would test Monday to make sure the trigger is out out of your system. If its positive this will be the trigger cos its too early to be a BFP. If its negative then you know the trigger is out of your system and that any BFP now will be a true one. You can test earlier than Monday if you have some ebay cheapies hanging around spare.... good luck :hugs:

Thank you! That's really helpful! i have some ebay cheapies so I'll check maybe sunday/monday that trigger shot has gone.

Mine was a 3 day yeh so maybe I can start testing from next thurs :)

Thank you! That's really helpful! i have some ebay cheapies so I'll check maybe sunday/monday that trigger shot has gone.

Mine was a 3 day yeh so maybe I can start testing from next thurs :)

Your very welcome... yes I would test from Thursday, well actually i, personally would test from Wednesday because BFP's can show up from even 9dpo and before. I will probably test Tuesday (equivalent of 9dpo) for the first time since I have about 25 ebay cheapie HPT's to use! and who cares cos they are so cheap and it entertains me! :haha:

I will probably do the CB Digi on the Thursday but only if a line is showing on the EC otherwise i'm not bothering! I never do CB Digis until 4 days before AF is due as they are not as sensitive as EC's :hugs:

Aw so many PUPO people. Hopefully will belong with you all soon. The irony is you'll all know if you're pregnant or not before I even have mine transferred.

Started stimms last night. Had baseline scan which was perfect. So it should be after so bloody long. Embarrassingly, the doctor checking me internally was foreign and fit and I almost, almost died of shame.

I got 12 eggs last time. One abnormal, eleven fertilised. By Day 3 I only had 2 viable embryos left. I'm really hoping for something better this time round. Last year I got BFP 6dp3dt so the equivalent of 9dpo. I know it's not an exact science and it might not be that way if it happens this time.

God, if this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do with myself.

I too feel like that! I've just been lying down resting and I started to think way to much about things so I got up and have started doing a bit of computer work again!

Glad your baseline scan is good. You're on your way :)

Aw so many PUPO people. Hopefully will belong with you all soon. The irony is you'll all know if you're pregnant or not before I even have mine transferred.

Started stimms last night. Had baseline scan which was perfect. So it should be after so bloody long. Embarrassingly, the doctor checking me internally was foreign and fit and I almost, almost died of shame.

I got 12 eggs last time. One abnormal, eleven fertilised. By Day 3 I only had 2 viable embryos left. I'm really hoping for something better this time round. Last year I got BFP 6dp3dt so the equivalent of 9dpo. I know it's not an exact science and it might not be that way if it happens this time.

God, if this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do with myself.

I dont know how you girls cope with this long protocol it would drive me mad i think! lol @ the fit doctor... i know i had a GP like that and I always requested another doctor as this was really good looking and it was sooo embarrassing. Luckily at the IVF hospital all my scans and transfers are by female staff and always have been which i think is just great as they are super nice and friendly. Hope you have better luck with this round of IVF :hugs:

:rofl:Brilliant news summer breeze! :happydance: You must feel relieved.

I had a funny old day today.... first stim last night and i woke up as normal and washed my hair and noticed that a LOT of my hair was falling out! So i scream in blind panic thinking i am going bald, dh tries to calm me down. I blow dry my hair and its going everywhere! So i am like that stupid stuff has made my hair fall out!!!! Dh is like you've only had one jab theres no way just relax, you're prob just stressed. At the moment i am in no mood to be reasonable :wacko:So i manage to make it to work and think well i better get it all cut off then (its already pretty short), so i call my hairdresser and say about my hair coming out. She says no its just breaking beacause it has been so heavily bleached for so long (i have naturally dark hair and i wear it white blonde in a bid to look like pink hehe!), so now i feel like a total idiot :blush: going in tomorrow to restore it to its natural colour and leave it alone for a while. I was so close to ringing the clinic and crying because the drugs make my hair come out but its just me paying the price for vanity!:rofl:

I am not normally such a looney. Its funny, i think i am coping with all this ok, but it appears the stress is showing in other ways. Wow what fun ivf is!

Oh, summerbreeze, i didnt mean to put the laughing smiley next to my message about you scan! He popped into the wrong place

:rofl: wow gracy glad to hear its not the drugs. My friend has white blonde hair and every so often she has to revert back to a darker colour to preserve her locks :)

ahh this ivf malarky is stressful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->