IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Well I am devastated - we have 4 big enough/mature enough follies. So no blasto and now the worry of if they will have any eggs in and then if the eggs are mature or suitable and if there are any left if we even get 1 embie
All my positivity and excitment has gone and can't stop crying. I thought I'd all I could with yoga, acupuncture, relaxation cd, healthy eating, caffine free etc etc and yet I only produced 4 good enough. 3 are on the right with the majority of the immature follies and 1 is on the left with an endometrioma - blood filled cyst. They might drain the cyst during EC while I am asleep but this can cause an infection so they're not sure!
We were quite a while in the room waiting for the nurse to speak to the doc coz they only normally do 6 EC a day and I was no7, so they had to wait for the doc to finish todays EC and see what he said. They are going to fit me and luckily I don't have to turn up til 9:30 or even a bit later on Monday. They only have 6 beds and so I will have to wait until one of the other ladies has finished and left.
I've got to ring my acupuncturist to arrange before EC but can't speak to anyone at the mo.

Hey tansey, I understand your disappointment. I was the other end where I had 20 follies but in the end I got 11 eggs, 7 were mature the others weren't and then I only got 2 embies to transfer no frosties. I'm only telling you this so you can see that lots of follies doesn't necessarily mean good results. A lady infront of me had 5 follies much like you, she actually got 5 eggs, all 5 fertilised and she got better grading than me and the chance to freeze and she was 10 years older! So honestly hunni although it feels depressing you still have a shot at this, you only need one and it just goes to show she got more eggs that were viable in the end than i did.

Stay positive, if there's 4 eggies in there then you may get 4 or more eggs even. They never know how many will be in there and its all just nature being forced.

Good luck try and keep your chin up :)

Mummy is right though, you just dont know, you could end up with 4 perfect embies yet. They keep driving home the quality not quantity message at my clinic too. I can understand your feeling devatsted though, hang in there mate :flower:

Keeping everything crossed for you, Tansey. Like they keep saying, it only takes one... *hugs*

Can't stop... off to Birmingham now for the Michael Buble concert! But just had to let you know that the clinic called. They have my protocol back from the head clinic! Got our up to date Hep B/C and HIV bloods booked for Monday and then injection training Wednesday. All systems go for Thursday! Now as nervous as anything :S

Sorry Tansey but don't give up - we were told they they usually get more eggs than the number of mature follicles they see and that our consultant would take everything he could get at.

Fingers crossed for you x :hugs:

Tansey, hun, I know how much it hurts sweetie and I’m so sorry you have to go through this!!!!
Now let’s look at the situation a bit differently…. There is still time until Monday, and the follies grow a lot in the last few days. So you have 11 follies (4 is the number of those that currently look like they contain a mature egg), no one can tell you how big they will be by EC. They can catch up hun! Have some hope …. I have lots for you!
And in the worst case scenario - 4 eggs you can still get 4 great embies!!!! Also, the cyst may not be an endometrioma at all , google lutheal cyst – this is what mine turned out to be – it fills up with blood and can sometimes look like endo, but then the body clears out the blood and turns it into some sort of liquid. They were convinced it was an endo cyst then it split in two (clear and blood) and the radiologist told me it is corpus hemoragicum (lutheal cyst filled with blood)
I knew I only had 8 follies- and I was told 4 were looking mature on my scan on Wednesday (and one of those was joined with the cyst – so pretty much forget about it!!!!) … by the time of EC they pulled out 9 eggs, 5 were mature – 3 fertilised 2 survived day 3 and were grade 1! All you need is a couple of great embies hun, and I am sure you will have that!!!!!
xxxxxx

Some interesting info for anyone having FET... just thought i would share.

I was sitting here at work (doing very little! :blush:) and just thought "heck, ive not been given any Progesterone!" so i called OH to check with the hospital.

They advised us that with a natural (non medicated) cycle that they don't give Progesterone only with a fresh cycle. Google confirmed that when you do a natural cycle of FET it mimics natural ovulation so this is why you do OPK's until you ovulate and then depending how old the embie is then its transfered that amount of days after ovulation. My embie was 4 days old and so transfered 4 dpo. They said that you don't need Progesterone supplements as your body automatically provides this for natural ovulation and would have built up the right strength for the embie according to the dpo.

Well you learn something new everyday i guess!!!

Back from the clinic again. Follies are growning very well! A few 14.9 - 12 and a few 11.9-10. I think it's still a 30 count... but not really sure. I have bit of fluid around my left ovary. Next scan on sunday. I started my antagonist shots today! :happydance:

Summer, we are so close! Trigger is sun or monday with EC around tues or wed!

so sorry to hear that Tansey :hugs:

I'm back! I've got 2 Grade 1, 4-cell embryos on board! The embryologist said they were "beautiful" and that she had a geeky squeal of excitement this morning when she saw them as they were so perfect - that made me cry! One got stuck in the tube during the transfer and the assistant said one of the other consultants always gets excited when that happens because she thinks it's a good omen - if it clings onto the side of the tube it'll probably cling on inside!

I was so exhausted when we got home that I went to bed for a couple of hours, neither of us slept well last night as we were so convinced something was going to happen to our fragile embryos and we spent all morning paranoid that the clinic would call to say the ET was cancelled so I think I was just exhausted with relief!

Tansey - don't give up hope, there's still time for a couple more follicles to catch up and if there aren't too many they'll probably be good quality.

Nice one MrsR! Glad to hear all went well! Congratulations, you are now PUPO!
Tansey - you are next!

I think i see a line... its much clearer on the HPT but i cant get a good picture of it!!!

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Aghhh i can't get a good picture! Time for a new picture, this is the best i can doooo!

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0043 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"