• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Well I am back from my egg collection. They retrieved 22 eggs. 23 and we would have been looking at FET in three months time. 20-22 is the absolute maximum this hospital allows for. They don't even allow for one extra.

I was kept in for two hours afterwards and put on a drip to try to prevent the onset of OHSS. I am in the high risk bracket, now, so it is still 'up in the air' as to whether embryo transfer will be able to take place but if all goes well and if nothing flares up in the meantime it should be okay.

Couldn't believe it when I woke up and they told me they got 22, especially when they said one more and it would've been all over until I recovered.

Fingers crossed everything will remain okay...

Wow CurlySue, 22! Fantastic, and great that it wasn't that one more! Fingers crossed for the next few days then x

Couldn't have handled FET after all this. It's been such an awful cycle and to then have to wait three months with a reduced chance would've just done me in.

MrsR, I don't know much about chemical pregnancies... but I do know that some bleeding is common in early pregnancy. Sounds like you have a great acu! :) I have everything crossed for you hun! xx

I am HATING the 2ww! My otd is one week from today! I almost can't handle it. LOL

Mrs R...don't panic hun!!!!!
Curly Sue!!!! you rock girl! nice one!!!!
...hmmm plans.....I've got a follow up appointment this Friday... and I'll ask them to put me on Prednisolone, Clexane, baby aspirin from ET next time to help with potential immune issues...
P.S... AF finally arrived... she's behaving well so far no pain or anything.....:)

Brum, tons of luck and good thoughts for you on your follow up! Can you tell me more about the steroids after ET? It can help with immune issues? I have immune issues...

don't know much hun...just know that they give you Prednisolone, Clexane, baby aspirin from ET to help with potential issues - Pred is a steroid and some clinics use it for for immune issues...and the other two are for blood thinning. The following is not a proven fact- just some research !!!! I just want to be on the safe side next time as some reasearchers are suggesting that autoimmune issues can prevent implantation and early embrio development... I posted more in a separate thread below :https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ing-disorders-killer-cells-privately-uk.htmlI
I the reason I'm concerned is that I have endo and they are suggesting that endo sufferes may have autoimmune antibodies.
Please ladies, don't panic... this is just some research!!!!
xxx
btw , what immune issues have you got hun? - have you mentioned this to your consultant?

Yes, they know about them. I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, and Lichen Sclerosis. A vaginal skin issue I was born with that will leave me with no vagina in a few years. It's so painful. The whole area litteraly shrinks. I have no "inner lips". But anyway, that is also an autoimmune disease. Hrm. I think they gave me steroids. I will check

Okay, yes.. They gave me Methylprednisolone and antibiotics for 4 days after EC. But not ET. Hm

Edit: Also, I just realized that might have been TMI... :blush: :blush:

sorry you have this condition hun..... :-(
Funny enough I was told to stop the antibiotic on day of transfer so I only took it for 2days.... Brrrr.... Clinics!

Ladies I started spotting and have had slight AF feelings and this is normal for me at 9DPO - am gitted as thought it would be different on progesterone. Feel very low now.

Tansey, that could be a very good sign! I have the same feeling at 8dpo (5dp3dt).

wish2bmama - if this was a different pattern to my normal cycle I wouldn't be upset.
I'm sorry to read about your condition hun - you poor thing :hugs:

Tansey, is there any chance it could be implantation? God, I don't even know why I ask that because I always hated it when people suggested it to me (I used to think it clutching at straws) but the timing would be pretty much dead-on.

CS the timing is right for implantation and I hope it is but it is just like my typical cycle in timings. On another site they were all hoping for IB I was like :grr:

It's always done my head in, Tansey, which is why I was reluctant to say it, but with an assisted cycle you can't really count it was a 'normal' cycle. Normal symptoms can kind of go out of the window, if that makes sense.

I remember when I got pregnant with my last IVF I felt implantation. I never believed it possible and it used to do my head in when people went on about that, too, but I woke up with this excruciating pain one morning and the following morning the test was positive. The timing was right and it was like AF was well and truly there. It was a weird one.

Hope it's IB. I won't patronise you and go on about it (all this "It's only 14dpo, you still might get pregnant, it's not all over" when we know full well it is - wellmeaning but indeed patronising) because I think we're all past that, at this point, aren't we?

I'm afraid I can't give you any advice Tansey - at this stage every grumble and niggle feels like AF but I think half of it is in my head.... On the positive side I have been reading up on early preg. bleeding/spotting and its not all necessarly bad news. Pain in the @ss that it is I am afraid all we can do is wait and see :hugs:

MrsR - as far as I know all pregnancies are considered chemical until they get to 6 weeks when they can show up on a scan i.e. heartbeat. once you get past that it is considered a clinicial pregnancy. So basicially a chemicial pregnancy is a true pregnancy - the next stage being advancing to a clinicial pregnancy.

Hope Everyone is doing ok and surviving without going insane x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->