IVF/ISCI starting May 2010, anyone?

Mummy and brumbar - so sorry about bfn's :hugs::hugs::hugs: That just sucks. No one on this thread has been having much fun hey? Tansey and mrs R any news yet? Any news heres hoping?

Well i'm pupo. Thought i would be more excited but i have to be honest it doesnt seem to be working for anyone and cant really see why i would be any different :shrug:Bit negative of me i know but i cant help feeling this way.

From our 9 embies we are currently on day 5, they called it extended culture or something. We have two grade 1's, 3 grade 2's , 3 grade 3's and a grade 4.
So they put one of the grade ones back, i would have liked 2 but they strongly were against it and DH was like we should do what they say, so i did.
Now they are going to leave the others for another day or 2 and see how they get on and freeze any grade 1's or 2's. They said the reason for the extended culture was that on day 3 they all almost looked exactly the same and there was no way of telling them apart, then by today some were clearly different. Also they are really against multiple pregnancies so this is another reason. They said they will put two back next time if we want, i'm thinking i dont want a next time! So the dreaded TWW begins....

Good luck with the 2WW Gracy x
The news here is... I am still bleeding - not a lot but its always there. I did the cheapie poundshop test this morning(actually did 2) and it looks like the chemicals are saying I am still pregnant - it was a faint line but it was there and it was consistant between the 2 tests. Not sure what it should have looked like on the cheapie test so don't know if I have proven anything or not.....

Sammy, Mummy and Brum, I'm so sorry you all had BFNs, I really wanted this to be a super lucky round and all of us get good news (daft I know as that was highly unlikely but I didn't want to think about any of us not getting there).

I feel very guilty typing this now but I think I can cautiously announce my :bfp:, I did a clearblue yesterday (4 days before OTD) and got a very strong line - as dark, if not darker than the control line! I'm going to get a digi to do on Friday (OTD) so I just hope it sticks. Very paranoid at the moment.

HH, hang in there, only another 2 days until your retest. Sounds like the bleeding's slowing down which can only be a good sign if tests are still coming up positive?

Sammy, Mummy and Brum, I'm so sorry you all had BFNs, I really wanted this to be a super lucky round and all of us get good news (daft I know as that was highly unlikely but I didn't want to think about any of us not getting there).

I feel very guilty typing this now but I think I can cautiously announce my :bfp:, I did a clearblue yesterday (4 days before OTD) and got a very strong line - as dark, if not darker than the control line! I'm going to get a digi to do on Friday (OTD) so I just hope it sticks. Very paranoid at the moment.

Dont feel guilty, thats great... whether you did or didnt get a BFP it doesnt change my situation so i'm stoked for you! Happy & Healthy 9 months!

I'm ok, the FET is behind me and im on CD 4.... i think the FET's are pretty rubbish and would not hold out much hope if i had another done although i hear of people getting BFP's from them of course... :hugs:

Mrs R! woo hoo!!!:happydance::happydance: I actually had a really good feeling about your BFP since you said the embryologist squealed with delight at how good they were.

great news MrsR!
really really pleased for you! I hope it's only good news from now on!!!!!
and better luck to the rest of us next time...
I think probably luck has a lot to do with this as both Mummy and I had 2x grade one put back in....

Gracy, congrats on being pupo! sticky dust to you!

congrats MrsR32. Don't feel guilty. I'll admit it's hard to read but I'm still really happy for you. I guess the embryologist was right when one got stuck in the tube!

I had a grade 1 and a grade 2 put back in I think. I think it's all a lottery to be honest.

The :witch: is here today, bright red and angry. Clinic is still insisting I wait until thurs and keep taking pessaries which is gross putting them up there lol. It's bound to be negative as all tests have been.

Hereshoping - the clinic said virtually everyone woman during treatment bleeds at some time so you should be ok fingers crossed.

Me and brum will live to fight another day. Best sign myself off to another thread soon. Once I get my follow up appointment.

Just gota find the money, fit it in with work and get my strength back to not be scared of more failure now :(

Im so sorry girls. This whole thing just seems to be hit and miss. The more i read peoples stories on here, the more convinced i am that it's all down to luck. I hope you can all move forward and get BFPs next time.

Congrats of couse on the BFPs and best wishes to everyone still going through the process.

Congratulations MrsR32!!! I was so thrilled to hear your news!! That's fantastic!

Wish2bmama & Tansey & Gracy how are you finding the dreaded 2ww??!

HH, how are you getting on today?
xx

Mummy, Brumbar how are you doing? Hope you're ok. What are the next steps for you?

Sammy, hope the new cycle's going well

xx

Hi everyone, one day down, 13 to go:growlmad:
I have a question to ask of people who have gone through this cos i am really worried.... (nothing new there :wacko:). Since about 5 or 6 hours post embryo transfer yesterday, i have been having some pretty serious cramping. Has anyone else had this? Could it be a side effect of the progesterone pessaries? It varies from quite mild and dull to quite sharp and strong like AF, it even woke me up last night. Theres no way it can be implantation yet so i dont like it at all. Then i read somewhere on the internet that if cramping occurs soon after ET the embryo can be expelled from the uterus!!! Any ideas?

Also i have been told to take a tablet called progynova twice a day as well, any ideas what that could be for?

Why is there no way it could be implantation hon? You had a blastie, probably a hatching one when you got it back in and when they place them, as you saw, they put them on the thickest, most cozy corner of your uterus. It can absolutely have latched right away!

In fact even with my 3 day and a half ones I had cramps from the next day till week 6.

Not sure about the Progynova, isn't it estrogen? Googled it?

Sorry about the BFNs ladies... :(

Sammy awesome you are already going again!

MrsR32 - well done!

CurlySue, my fellow NMAer! Fingers very crossed for you!

Hi Everyone,

Am still hanging in thanks - still bleeding a bit - did another CBDigi test today (as requested by my accupunctuist) so am still coming up as pregnant. Got an other accupuncture session(or something - my Chinese Doc wants to try something with burning sticks!) this evening - the reason I had to test again today so she would know what she was dealing with etc.
I have to do yet another test tomorrow and then call the Clinic either way - was so nervous today doing the test my hands were shaking...

I will keep you posted!

HH, that's really positive news. Your acu sounds like he knows what he's talking about so the session tonight should help you to relax and could help with calming things down. Fingers crossed for tomorrow x

So sorry about all the :bfn:
I have just started my first shot tonight. very excited
Sending lots of baby dust to all the ladies out there:dust:[/QUOTE]

I've just read something about chemical pregnancies and now I'm really paranoid. Does anyone know what the chances are of an early positive test turning out to be a chemical? I did another test this morning which was still positive but the whole thing (control line included) was fainter - probably due to lack of wee because I'd got up a couple of times in the night! Aah, really wish I hadn't tested early now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->