IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

Well I got a plan for August. Really wanted to throw in the towel but then once the Nurse Practitioner called I changed my mind. She said it does sound like a chemical pregnancy and obviously nothing we can do. Just thank God I never saw a positive test. Another loss proven to me is more than I can take. They are upping my dose in hopes of stronger and bigger eggs sooner. The last 2 months I haven't been ready until day 17. They want to push that up a bit. So here we go again.... I ordered meds today and picked up my Femara. I start that tomorrow. Af is killer and I just want it gone!!!!

Wanted to update after a very rocky first few months.

Found out we are expecting a boy, we are 18 weeks 4 days today. Baby is measuring a bit ahead of schedule but looked good so far. We were unable to try to snag gender on the miscarried twin.

Crossing everything he stays there and i can try to relax. Totally not fair to be halfway through a pregnancy and not be able to sit back and breath or have dreams for your family. But also unfair to have to fight this hard to achieve a conception.
Good luck those of you lucky enough to be carrying a baby or more, and best wishes to those still trying. Hang in there.

Below is a picture compilation from blast to 18w3d. If you care to read the descriptions of ultrasounds, youll have to enlarge it.

https://i.minus.com/jbZUaIBwSWZsT.jpg

thanks for the pic!! that is so awesome to see baby from the time it was fertilizedd on.. congrats on the boy!!
Iluv: sorry about the bleed :( will you do another IUI?

Luv - hopefully the change will do the trick for you :hugs:

Can - Glad to hear your little boy is still hanging in there. I didn't relax at all til around 26 weeks when I hit a good viability date. Even now I worry all the time. I think it is only natural after all you have been through. Good sign that you have made it this far, hopefully you will be able to relax a bit more soon :hugs:

CAF - your little boy is looking good hon :thumbup:

TBH I don't think any of us LTTTCers ever truly relax into our pregnancies - I'm with Mrs B on this one; I breathed out slightly when I reached around 28 weeks, but only very slightly xxx

so anyone else got the weird lower abs pain like theyve been doing situps. i was lying on my back today (with my legs hanging over an edge). briefly laughed and OMG excrutiating. so bizarre. just amazingly painful just real low above the pelvic bone. ive had weird pains before (ie turn to quick or whatever and it feels like youve been doing crunches or pulled something) but this was crazy.

CanAm-So good to hear from you! Thank goodness baby is doing well! Congrats on the boy!!!!

Mobaby-That is the plan!!!

I get those too DrSquid - I have to crunch over, or hold my belly any time I cough of it kills :(

ILuv, sounds like a good plan!

CAF, wow, amazing to have all the pics! I agree with Urch, I think we all worry. We have been through so much to get here and it is hard to breathe easy.

DrS, I mainly have a pulling or tight feeling down there. But not super painful. Although when I had my cysts it was very painful to move, cough, etc...

Dr S - I remember having a lot of that during the earlier part of my pregnancy for sure.

can am- wow what a crazy road. congrats on the boy =)

bear and urchin- thanks =) it was just weird. my friends looked at me like i was nuts when i was nearly crying after only barely chuckling for a second.

afm- i was a lazy sack today. havent been going to the gym cause of the small bleed.. was gonna go today and do a class called body flow (which is kinda a combo tai chi, yoga etc) which really isnt my thing... so totally didnt get out of bed. my excuse of course being that night 3 of my 12.5 hr shifts is tonight (at work now).

morning laydeez!

30 weeks today :dance: How fab is that?
and I only have 15 working days left - Super Fab!

I just wanted to give an update. We had our first scan yesterday. Just as I suspected we are having twins! :cloud9: Baby A is measuring a day ahead at 6w6d and baby B is on track for 6w5d. Their heartbeats were amazing! I see the OB on the 14th and the RE one more time on the 16th. We are beyond excited! I'm going to attach a few pictures. Theres one with a cyst (70mm x 50-60mm) and I'm wondering if any of you ladies had one like this and how it went. I was in the ER two weeks ago and he is sure this is what was causing so much pain.

Attachments

• IMG_1323_opt.jpg
    IMG_1323_opt.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1324_opt.jpg
    IMG_1324_opt.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11
Yay for more twinkies!!! :oneofeach:

Cysts can definitely be painful and are pretty common in even a natural early pregnancy. I am sure they will keep an eye on it for you. It should go away on its own.

Congrats! :happydance:

Mrsc. OMG congrats on the twins!!!! I am loving all these twin scans! Super ouch on the cyst!!! They are super painful and even more so with a pregnancy growing.

Wow MrsC, Congrats on the twins! How exciting!

I had many CL cysts on each ovary, it was like I had melons on each side. It was pretty painful at times. But thankfully by 20 weeks they right side cleared up and I only had one on my left that was down to 1.5x1.8 cm. I don't even feel it anymore.

Congratulations MrsC, what a wonderful outcome after everything you've been through!

I've been away from BnB for a bit but wanted to check in. Unfortunately, my parents were in a horrible car crash near the end of July, and my dad was killed. My mom was badly hurt but is going to be ok. My sister and I have been at the hospital and at their home helping her while she recovers and helping with the funeral. It is so unfair- another driver coming from the other direction crossed over into their lane and hit them head on, and of course he survived. We're still waiting for the police report on what happened. Our doctor recommended putting off IVF for a while until things calm down, he said that high stress levels can really hurt the chances for success. So, we're looking at the end of September now. I'm probably going to just lurk for a while, but I am hoping and praying for all of you to have success!

Congratulations MrsC, what a wonderful outcome after everything you've been through!

I've been away from BnB for a bit but wanted to check in. Unfortunately, my parents were in a horrible car crash near the end of July, and my dad was killed. My mom was badly hurt but is going to be ok. My sister and I have been at the hospital and at their home helping her while she recovers and helping with the funeral. It is so unfair- another driver coming from the other direction crossed over into their lane and hit them head on, and of course he survived. We're still waiting for the police report on what happened. Our doctor recommended putting off IVF for a while until things calm down, he said that high stress levels can really hurt the chances for success. So, we're looking at the end of September now. I'm probably going to just lurk for a while, but I am hoping and praying for all of you to have success!

This is so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: I think your RE is right about the stress. All of that is so unfair to your family. Your dad is looking over you all now and always will be. I'm thinking of you and your family during this tough time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->