IVF/IUI - Winter 2012 & Beyond! (updates 1st page - 25 BFPs, 7 - twins!)

My transfer is set for Friday at 10:30 am. I called today just to get an update on the embryos. They had to call up to the lab and find out. Sad we get no reports. Anyhow, out of 9, 6 made the thaw and 1 has arrested already. So we are down to 5 that appear to be doing well. I am incredibly nervous! Preston was the only 1 of 6 to make it to blast. So I'm hoping and praying for at least 2 good ones! I'll try and update this weekend. I'm on bedrest Friday and Saturday after the 2 hour drive home.

Well the first big hurdle was surviving the thaw and you made it past that. You have 5 embies still going strong :thumbup: Have my FX for you that you get your 2 good ones and even extra to freeze :dust:

I hate that not all clinics give reports. Mine doesn't either and I hated not knowing.

Ignorance can be bliss but I'm a worrier and always have been. Thanks for thinking about me! :)

My transfer is set for Friday at 10:30 am. I called today just to get an update on the embryos. They had to call up to the lab and find out. Sad we get no reports. Anyhow, out of 9, 6 made the thaw and 1 has arrested already. So we are down to 5 that appear to be doing well. I am incredibly nervous! Preston was the only 1 of 6 to make it to blast. So I'm hoping and praying for at least 2 good ones! I'll try and update this weekend. I'm on bedrest Friday and Saturday after the 2 hour drive home.

5 is still a good number. I was just telling DH that I would be so happy if we had 5 on transfer day! Good luck, you can log on to write me, I'll be on my bedrest saturday and sunday after my transfer on saturday. I may take monday off, too.

So thankful to have a resting buddy!! :) When is your beta?? Mine is the 6th but I will no doubt test before. I will be stoked if all 5 make it to transfer! But I just don't see that happening. Just praying for 2 good ones at this point.

Well I did it! Boy was I nervous but it was pretty easy. I ended up being more nervous about doing it right than the needle...of course until it was time to stick it in. :haha: Nothing to it though! One down and a whole lot more to go...:thumbup:

Yay for getting the first one done! I remember way back when trying for dd being so nervous. Now it's a piece of cake! I still can't get use to the PIO though. It's a 1 1/2 in thick needle in the bum. It hurts like hell I won't lie!

ay up!
gosh - lots going on .... fingers crossed for lots more BFPs

Here's the news from Urchin Towers
Eenie and Meenie were transferred last Thursday and are tucked up nice and snug ... they were both 7 cells and looking good (but I wasn't given the numbers/letters). Minie and Mo were weren't suitable for freezing, so we have no frosties waiting in the wings

I don't test until 4th Feb, so a way to go - but the symptoms are starting to stack up now, so I'm feeling very positive :D

Well I did it! Boy was I nervous but it was pretty easy. I ended up being more nervous about doing it right than the needle...of course until it was time to stick it in. :haha: Nothing to it though! One down and a whole lot more to go...:thumbup:

BAstetgrrl, is this follistim? Isn't it scary the first time? I was the same way. It gets so much easier though I still can't watch DH do it. I have to scream first then look away. :rofl:

Yes it is. Definitely a little scary putting a needle in my belly. :haha: OMG...I couldn't let my DH do it and if I did I'd have to watch or I might punch him. :rofl:

Yay for getting the first one done! I remember way back when trying for dd being so nervous. Now it's a piece of cake! I still can't get use to the PIO though. It's a 1 1/2 in thick needle in the bum. It hurts like hell I won't lie!

A 1 1/2 and THICK needle!!!! :shock: No way!! I'd freak out!!

ay up!

Eenie and Meenie were transferred last Thursday and are tucked up nice and snug ... they were both 7 cells and looking good (but I wasn't given the numbers/letters). Minie and Mo were weren't suitable for freezing, so we have no frosties waiting in the wings

I don't test until 4th Feb, so a way to go - but the symptoms are starting to stack up now, so I'm feeling very positive :D

WOO HOO! Go Eenie and Meenie!! So glad they are nice and snug. I bet they love it there already! :haha: Counting down to Feb 4th!! :dust:

So thankful to have a resting buddy!! :) When is your beta?? Mine is the 6th but I will no doubt test before. I will be stoked if all 5 make it to transfer! But I just don't see that happening. Just praying for 2 good ones at this point.

Mine's the 7th! Are you going to test?

ay up!

Awesome! Glad the PMA's there, too. So the symptoms start right after? Did you have a 3 or 5 day transfer?

Yes it is. Definitely a little scary putting a needle in my belly. :haha: OMG...I couldn't let my DH do it and if I did I'd have to watch or I might punch him. :rofl:

You know what else I do? I make DH do 100 situps after every shot. Later when he gave me 2 shots (1 for menopur + follistim, 1 for ganirelix) he had to do 200. I'm evil....:haha:

Mrs. C I was thinking of you this morning b\c when I looked at my thermometer before taking my temp it said 90.1 which would have been my last temp. I must have woken up in the middle of the night and tried to temp while half asleep and got this crazy temp :rofl: I have no recollection of it..scary

Mrs. C I was thinking of you this morning b\c when I looked at my thermometer before taking my temp it said 90.1 which would have been my last temp. I must have woken up in the middle of the night and tried to temp while half asleep and got this crazy temp :rofl: I have no recollection of it..scary

:haha: I did that like 2 days ago actually. I thought I was the only one. I woke up and reached for the thermometer it wasn't there. Yeah it was on my bed so I must have done it in my sleep some time in the night. Tried explaining my craziness to dh but he didn't get it. The things we do with ttc on our mind. :rofl:

ay up!

Yay for being PUPO! FX Eenie and Meenie are snuggling in tight :thumbup:

ay up!

Awesome! Glad the PMA's there, too. So the symptoms start right after? Did you have a 3 or 5 day transfer?

You know what else I do? I make DH do 100 situps after every shot. Later when he gave me 2 shots (1 for menopur + follistim, 1 for ganirelix) he had to do 200. I'm evil....:haha:

LOVE IT!! :rofl: :rofl:

Sunshine -- that is absolutely classic! :thumbup:

LMAO at the thought of making DH do situps retroactively to make up for ALLLLLLLL the shots I did during three IUIs and one IVF! that would be thousands and thousands of situps!!

As far as the intramuscular shot.... I didn't find it to be painful at all, tbh. I got myself all worked up over it and when it went in I was like. "oh, that's it?" So, yes the needle is super scary looking, but it doesn't necessarily have to be any more painful than the sub-cutaneous ones.

Edamame - Good Luck!! Wishing you all the BEST!

ILuvBabies200 -

SquirrelGirl - Congrats!!! Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!

MoBaby - Don't give up!!! Like the other girls said....they are just numbers and with hormones and the unpredictability of the female reproductive system and the enormous sophistication of it...us humans are always humbled by it! :baby:

ILuvBabies - I hope everything goes well & you get great results!!!

Urchin, MrsC & All of US----:dust:

Sunshine -- that is absolutely classic! :thumbup:

LMAO at the thought of making DH do situps retroactively to make up for ALLLLLLLL the shots I did during three IUIs and one IVF! that would be thousands and thousands of situps!!

It's his way of participating.:haha:

sunshine - I suggested the situps to DH and he was (shall we say) less than on board with the idea :haha: Oh well.... I'll make him work it off in other ways :winkwink:

Iluvbabies - good luck for transfer tomorrow :dust:

MoBaby - good luck for your beta :dust:

Mine's the 7th! Are you going to test?

Yep! I just bought some tonight at target. Hoping I can hold off until Friday :)

Thanks girls! I'm in the hotel now wide awake stressing/thinking

Hope you can get some sleep soon - it's a wonder any of us get sleep with this process :sleep:

I'm fighting the urge to test but after DH heard the RE say not to I doubt I can get away with it. It is great that you can test so soon and with no trigger you will not have to worry about testing early :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->