IVF Oct/Nov/Dec BFP Announcement & 9month term thread!

Whisper - lol, you'll have to get in line as our neighbor's granddaughter who is almost 2 is already first in line. :haha:

Maybe you can submit your application for Lily & Rose and he can pick his favorite one out of all the applicants. : )

That Nicholas - he's already a ladies' man. All the girls are swooning. :haha: I have tried one of those nipple shield things. They gave me one at the NICU and it definitely does help. I just don't make enough milk. :shrug: Maybe this is weird but I think bottle feeding is kind of fun. It probably reminds me of feeding bottles to my stuffed animals as a kid. Lol

Hold - I hope you're doing well and your little girl is staying put longer. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Happy - love the pic your twins are so adorable! Love the names too!

Want - Nicholas is so handsome what a great pic!

Ladies I'm freaking out! DH's sister and her kids have been in town to see our babies. They are staying with DH's dad. I just found out that one of her kids tested positive for strep this morning. My babies were just exposed to them on Sunday and they were at our house on saturday. We have been making everyone sanitize per our pediatrician's instructions, but I am scared. Strep can be so dangerous and I have two little immune compromised preemies. So worried. :cry:

Ladies I'm freaking out! DH's sister and her kids have been in town to see our babies. They are staying with DH's dad. I just found out that one of her kids tested positive for strep this morning. My babies were just exposed to them on Sunday and they were at our house on saturday. We have been making everyone sanitize per our pediatrician's instructions, but I am scared. Strep can be so dangerous and I have two little immune compromised preemies. So worried. :cry:

Hope Lily & Rose are ok. Sanitize your house as much as possible hun, especially the nursery. You & DH should use masks(hospital or painters)when near the girls for a few days just in case. Better to take the extra precaution. Use an air purifier in the nursery or borrow one if you don't have one. You can get a Vicks one at Walgreens for under $30. I have one for my allergies. Will keep them in our prayers.

Here's a few more pics of Nicholas!

Dresser drawer bed: of course this was staged.
935041_10201603292109207_1615466834_n.jpg

Little Feet:
1075709_10201603380631420_619530524_n.jpg

His first bath:
998000_10201603420592419_1300515944_n.jpg

With spiked hair: lol
72504_10201603458713372_1669700868_n.jpg

Oh no! I hope everything is ok. Want gave you good suggestions. Maybe call your pediatrician too and see what they recommend. Sorry you're dealing with this :hugs: Sending lots of prayers your way.

Oh Whisper - I am sorry you are dealing with that. I would call your ped dr to see what they suggest.

want - CUTE CUTE CUTE pictures; he is sooooo photogenic ;)

I got a call yesterday and the doc said they have no reason to take LO earlier then 39 weeks unless something else happens between now and then. So official evicition date is August 9 :)

Want: LOVE!!!

Everyone: It's so great to see all your successes.

I had the NT test yesterday. No official results yet, but we saw the baby squirming around. It was awesome! Did you ladies get that test (nuchal translucency)? The dr won't give results til the bloodwork part is done, but the u/s tech said the thickness was 1.5 and we were looking for less than 3. Does anyone know about this?

Want: LOVE!!!

Everyone: It's so great to see all your successes.

I had the NT test yesterday. No official results yet, but we saw the baby squirming around. It was awesome! Did you ladies get that test (nuchal translucency)? The dr won't give results til the bloodwork part is done, but the u/s tech said the thickness was 1.5 and we were looking for less than 3. Does anyone know about this?

First I also had to wait for the blood part. The dr said its a little difficult with twins but both twins measure 1.49 and 1.46 so they numbers were good. I was told anything below 2.5 was good. Isn't great seeing your LO move around?

Want I love the pics! Nicholas is such handsome baby! I guess my Natalie is out since he has so many other girls waiting.

Michelle I'm so glad you have more time for the arrival of your LO. I will be counting down to August 9!

So I was wondering if anyone is using birth control now? I know we all had to do IVF but I've read of people getting pregnant right after. My dr said he had a couple who did IVF and 3 months after the birth they got pregnant naturally. I'm just curious!

The twins are doing good. Dominic has a little constipation I called the dr and they said to put Vaseline around his anus and we did but it hurts me every time I see him push. I'm thinking about changing his formula.

Want - Fabulous pics. Still loving the hair.

Michelle - Hope LO hangs in there till 39 weeks. Good luck!

First - so cool you did the NT test. I'm so happy everything is looking good.

Happy - My kiddos have had tons of constipation and we've unfortunately had minimal success switching formulas. Our pediatrician said we could give the girls diluted juice twice per day, so we give them an ounce of apple or prune juice (half juice half water). It has really helped the constipation. I talked to my OB at my postnatal appointment and we did decide to go with a BC pill. I am going to take a "mini pill" which is less effective but also has fewer side effects (I hate being on BC pills). Obviously I am not terribly concerned about the less effective nature of the mini pill.

AFM - I did call our pediatrician about our girls being exposed to strep. She said babies very rarely contract strep because they still have the antibodies from prior to birth. She just said to watch out for fever and lethargy. Phew. I felt so much better. And so far the girls aren't showing any signs of infection. So glad we have been making everyone sanitize around them. We also had an early intervention team come to our house on Tuesday to evaluate the girls. The girls were referred for early intervention while they were in the NICU. The team said the girls are looking great and appear to be developing normally. :happydance:

Happy - lol, you can submit an application for Natalie just like Lily and Rose. : )

And to your question about chances of getting pregnant right after an IVF baby, I've heard that too. DH and I are going to try to give Nicholas a brother or sister. Hope it works.

Whisper - Glad to hear everything is ok.

Michelle - use your extra time you have to get organized because you won't have time afterwards thats for sure.

Just a little update on me

I have been back in the hospital. Dr is now considering transferring me to a hospital an hour away from home that has a the highest level NICU. I should know for sure in the next couple hours. But labor is not stopping and contractions are strong and painful. My cervix is now very soft as well.

I will update again when I get a chance. Hoping and praying my little 34 weeker is strong enough to be born!! So emotionally and physically drained from this amazing/terrifying journey.

Hold - Keeping you in my prayers. I'm sure you and your doctor will make the best decision about which hospital you should stay at. So sorry you have to go through this scary time. Just know that my girls were born at 33 weeks and came out healthy and are still going strong. Your little girl has a great shot at being just fine. The NICU will take fantastic care of her if she needs extra time to grow and learn to eat. Keep us updated if you can. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hold I'm keeping you in my prayers. I hope it all goes well. I know it's probably scary but I'm sure your dr knows what his doing. Keep us posted!

@Hold, I hope that everything is okay with you and your baby. Big hugs to you hun!!:hug: I am keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Since you are at 34 weeks your daughter will be just fine hun!! She will have a very short NICU stay and they will take very good care of her so try not to worry!! Make sure you update us when you are able to!! :hugs::hugs:

@Want, those pictures of your son are adorable, he just gets cuter and cuter!! :winkwink:

AFM, I have been so busy lately so I haven't been on B&B much, but I did an update on how the twins have been doing in my journal with pictures and videos. They are both doing really good and gaining weight. Hopefully Lyric will be home soon once she masters her bottle feeding!! Elijah is working on transitioning to the crib because he is on temperature control in his incubator and so far he has been able to maintain his temperature. Once he gets to a minimum of 3lbs 5 ounces and he can maintain his temp at a low setting on his incubator then he will move to the crib. He is also starting to work on bottle feeding with a small amount of 5ml. Here is a link to my journal with full details, pictures and video in the spoilers, :winkwink:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...s-lttc-twins-were-born-28-weeks-nicu-187.html

Wanna I love the babies pics! I'm so glad Lyric might get to go home soon. Elijah is such a strong fighter! I still have them both in my prayers.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm still trying to get the twins into a schedule. It's hard but I can't give up.

Wanna - Great update hun. Love the videos and hoping they are both home very soon. They are both so cute and Elijah has gorgeous eyes.

Happy - You'll get the hang of it. The first few nights were tough but once you get into a routine you'll be fine.

Hold - Any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->