IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

TTC - I have a feeling that this is our season...so positive vibes and thoughts flowing your way!! And yes, that progesterone is a piece of work. I get cramps about 10-15mins after injection....crazy right but I just keep it moving. Plus my bottom is so sore :haha:

When is your test date?

No I wasn't nauseous before the transfer. It first hit about 3 days after the transfer but not to bad. Yesterday it got worse and I am starting to feel it now again but only slightly.

I am not having night sweats but do get chilled like I cant regulate my temperature.

My boobs started hurting a couple of days ago also.

Gotta love this progesterone!

Praying the s/e are actually the beginning of preg symptoms, ttc :hugs: and good luck with your fet bright!

I'm sorry if I have a hard time keeping up with everyone and where they are individually in this process, but I'm praying for every single one of you!

Thank you wish, I hope your retrieval goes well. Unfortunately, my retrieval found that 2 out of my 6 follies were empty, and I had 4 more follies that were not even close to mature at the time of trigger (10 follicles total). Fortunately, this still meant 4 mature eggs were retrieved. I'm still waiting with bated breath to hear how many of those 4 fertilized. I've been told to expect to transfer 2 day 3 embryos on Wednesday, assuming that any make it that far. There's no room for error and chances are too high for my comfort that not even 1 one these eggs will make it to blastocyst stage. I'm desperately hoping for 1 healthy baby out of the bunch and emotionally preparing to have to do another fresh cycle in the near future; hope for the best, prepare for the worst, you know? My dr has said that if/when we have to do this again he's going to stim me much more aggressively than he did this first cycle, as he had assumed with PCOS that I would have produced many more eggs.

Thank you Kuawen,

I appreciate your support!!! Good luck on your transfer Wednesday FX

Praying the s/e are actually the beginning of preg symptoms, ttc :hugs: and good luck with your fet bright!

I'm sorry if I have a hard time keeping up with everyone and where they are individually in this process, but I'm praying for every single one of you!

Thank you wish, I hope your retrieval goes well. Unfortunately, my retrieval found that 2 out of my 6 follies were empty, and I had 4 more follies that were not even close to mature at the time of trigger (10 follicles total). Fortunately, this still meant 4 mature eggs were retrieved. I'm still waiting with bated breath to hear how many of those 4 fertilized. I've been told to expect to transfer 2 day 3 embryos on Wednesday, assuming that any make it that far. There's no room for error and chances are too high for my comfort that not even 1 one these eggs will make it to blastocyst stage. I'm desperately hoping for 1 healthy baby out of the bunch and emotionally preparing to have to do another fresh cycle in the near future; hope for the best, prepare for the worst, you know? My dr has said that if/when we have to do this again he's going to stim me much more aggressively than he did this first cycle, as he had assumed with PCOS that I would have produced many more eggs.

The lab called, 2 of my 4 eggs fertilized and will be transferred into me on Wednesday. No word on grades as they've only just fertilized and haven't really begun to grow yet.

Bright - OMG I know...My bum is seriously angry with me from all the injections. Thankfully DH is getting much better at them. I will hold on to your faith for both of us until I can muster some up for myself. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Kuwan - Thank you I am so eternally grateful for you ladies and your support. I am sending some positive vibes to your lil embies that they are strong and grown abundantly.

Kuawen. I am so glad you don't have PCOS but it sucks that you had to find out this way. Fingers crossed your two embies are sticky and healthy.

Afm- just left the operating room and I am PUPO with our last frosty.

so Beta was negative.....again.....I can't even begin to describe how devastating this is. :(

Ren woohoo!!! congrats on being Pupo my friend! It is wonderful!

Amanda, I am so sorry hun. I know most of us on this thread can relate to your devastation and I do wish there was something I could say or do to help you through it. It is such a tough pill to swallow when you go through so much to get pregnant and it doesn't work. You have nothing to show for it. I am sending you a huge cyber hug and do hope that once you allow for your sadness you will find a way to pick yourself up again and see what you can try next. Again, so sorry hun!

I'm sorry to hear that Amanda. Sending warm hugs your way :hugs:

TTC, I feel you and my bottom is feel the pain. I have enough for the both of us. :winkwink:

Bright - OMG I know...My bum is seriously angry with me from all the injections. Thankfully DH is getting much better at them. I will hold on to your faith for both of us until I can muster some up for myself. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Kuwan - Thank you I am so eternally grateful for you ladies and your support. I am sending some positive vibes to your lil embies that they are strong and grown abundantly.

oh Amanda, I'm so, so sorry. Nothing can take away that disappointment right now. I wish I could. :hugs:

kuawen - I had a little panic last night when I realized the same. On the one hand, I'm psyched that I have more than 1 follicle (and the 3 minimum to even keep the cycle) but then I realized that 5 isn't a whole lot, they might not all have eggs, all of those eggs may not fertilize, etc etc. Trying to keep a PMA right now and take it one step at a time. FX'ed for your little ones too - you'll have them back with you in no time.

ttc - you're allowed to be down - so hard to stay 'up' throughout this whole thing. There are just so many ways for things to go wrong and just that one right way for things to be perfect. But it happens to so many women, you're next. :hugs:

ren - congrats on being PUPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! snuggle in little one - enjoy the ride for 9 months!

ugh I'm just so frustrated. Follies are now all growing at different rates! the one that was a 16 on Sunday is only a 16.8 today but one that was a 12 is also a 16 today! What the heck? Either way, none are 18 so I have to continue with more meds. Next scan is in the morning. I just had to send DH a note about ordering yet another pen. I hate it - it's like I'm the bearer of bad news constantly. 'Hey, my follicles aren't cooperating, so we're out this month', 'hey - my follicles ARE cooperating but slowly, so we need to spend more money', 'hey, I screwed up my meds scheduled and started both at the same time instead of staggered so I may have screwed up this entire cycle for us!'. So. much. burden. :cry:

awe wish, I wouldn't pay any mind to the follie size...they could change in a heartbeat. Drink lots of water and I'm sure in a day or two you will see those 18s!

Wish so sorry hun! I know this is so hard! the good news is that the one that was 12 has now caught up to the other 16mm one. That is great. You didn't lose the lead follicle while growing the other one.

Wish - If you still have your old pens saved and can see more of the meds still inside, bring them to your RE's office and ask them to help you draw out the residual amount that may be remaining in a separate syringe. The nurse at my doctor's office said that there's always some left in there that you can't use by using the injector on the pen, but they can extract it with a needle.

I haven't had a chance to catch up. I'm on my phone so I will try later.

My saline ultrasound went great yesterday, so we are on track to follow my calendar and work towards our planned transfer on December 17. Assuming he survives the thaw (knock on wood!), we will be thawing a 6AB boy embryo (our next best embryo) for transfer. He's been thawed once before, so fingers crossed that he makes it and we don't have to dip any further into the reserves. We have 2 normal embryos remaining (both girls, both with lesser grades). This who.e process is so nerve racking!

thanks, all :)

you know, Disney - I just noticed that last night that there is some left over. And reading the box - it says there is 1028 UI (or whatever) for 900 units. So there is definitely over 200 left in there!! I'll see what they can do. They are going to laugh at me, but that's ok. We have that kind of relationship now!

I don't know what kind of math that was yesterday afternoon, but whatever. My follicles have plumped up to 19, 18, 17, 17 and 14 so we are good to go! I'll either trigger tonight or tomorrow night. Even the doc popped her head in to say that things looked good! WOO! I hope that last little guy plumps up over the next couple of days so we have all 5 to work with. Giant breath of relief!

Wish, it is great that your follicles are cooperating! I can't wait to be PUPO with you and Kuawen this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->