IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Mine all seemed to plump up overnight too, wish. Praying the last one catches up and you have some beautiful eggs! :hugs:

My transfer is today at 10, and I'm amazed and thankful that I had an excellent nights sleep. The hardest part for me during stims (especially on ganirelix) was the daily migraines I was getting. Sleeping is super easy now on the pio, which I wasn't expecting!

that's fantastic, kuawen! Good luck today!

you should be testing right around when I'm transferring back in, Ren! I'm so excited for you!

Hi ladies.

I'm not sure if any of you can help me? I've been reading your journeys the last few days and thought I would join in if that's OK.
I'm danni in 33 and we have severe MF problems. We are using donor sperm. That aside I do have ovulation problems and high amh although PCOS looking?!?!?!? Not diagnosed!?!?

Anyway I'm on day 5 of gonal F 100. I've been for a scan today and although my lining has increased from 3.8 after DR to 5.8 both ovaries are unresponsive? ?? Now the nurse said as it's my 1st cycle there not concerned as they need to start new low due to potential OHSS. So from now until Monday I double my dose and have a scan on mon afternoon.

I'm alarmed at no reponse at all? Should I be? Could things change so much in the next 7 days I'll be ready for my scheduled egg collevtion which currently should be a week todayI?

I'll not lie. I'm panicking I won't responded enough and this cycle will be cancelled.

Any one she'd any light?

Thanks and love to you all xxx

Hi MrsG - welcome!

I'd say try not to panic, but you're going to do what you're going to do. :)
I have had 3 cycles now and have responded differently to each one. The first 2 were the same protocol and I responded great the first time and very poorly the 2nd time (7 follicles the first time, 1 the 2nd time so we downgraded to an IUI). This time I'm on a different protocol and have 5 follicles (and I do 2 doses of 300 gonal-F a day! 600!). No OHSS in site for me.
I'd say not to worry about it if you saw nothing at the first scan. Sounds like they are being cautious b/c of your potential for OHSS. I'm glad they doubled your dose - try to remain calm until your next scan. I'm sure you'll have responded by then. Things can change dramatically from now until then. Also, try not to already 'plan' when your retrieval will be in your head - it will be when your follicles mature and no earlier. Drink lots of water, eat lots of good veggies and protein and try to relax.

I don't know what kind of math that was yesterday afternoon, but whatever. My follicles have plumped up to 19, 18, 17, 17 and 14 so we are good to go! I'll either trigger tonight or tomorrow night. Even the doc popped her head in to say that things looked good! WOO! I hope that last little guy plumps up over the next couple of days so we have all 5 to work with. Giant breath of relief!

OMG what wonderful news! Just think also there might be a few that are hiding. Sounds like everything woke up down there and that is awesome!

Mine all seemed to plump up overnight too, wish. Praying the last one catches up and you have some beautiful eggs! :hugs:

My transfer is today at 10, and I'm amazed and thankful that I had an excellent nights sleep. The hardest part for me during stims (especially on ganirelix) was the daily migraines I was getting. Sleeping is super easy now on the pio, which I wasn't expecting!

How did the transfer go? Are you home resting?

Hi ladies.

I'm not sure if any of you can help me? I've been reading your journeys the last few days and thought I would join in if that's OK.
I'm danni in 33 and we have severe MF problems. We are using donor sperm. That aside I do have ovulation problems and high amh although PCOS looking?!?!?!? Not diagnosed!?!?

Anyway I'm on day 5 of gonal F 100. I've been for a scan today and although my lining has increased from 3.8 after DR to 5.8 both ovaries are unresponsive? ?? Now the nurse said as it's my 1st cycle there not concerned as they need to start new low due to potential OHSS. So from now until Monday I double my dose and have a scan on mon afternoon.

I'm alarmed at no reponse at all? Should I be? Could things change so much in the next 7 days I'll be ready for my scheduled egg collevtion which currently should be a week todayI?

I'll not lie. I'm panicking I won't responded enough and this cycle will be cancelled.

Any one she'd any light?

Thanks and love to you all xxx

Hmmm, they might have just understimulated you or maybe the down regulation suppressed you a bit to much. I am sorry about this. I is always disappointing when things don't go as planned. There is a chance that if they up your meds that you will start to respond and maybe they will push back your retrieval a bit. I hope that happens for you. Again I am so sorry this is all so stressful.

AFM - I dreamt I was breastfeeding my baby last night. It was one of those dreams that you wish you didn't have to wake up from. It felt so real and so right!

I dreamt I was holding my son, ttc! Those are the best dreams ever. Hopefully won't be dreams for much longer.

The transfer went very well. Both of our embryos were graded above average and the top graded one was already compacting to become a morula. Dr gives us a 73% chance of a singleton pregnancy and a 30% chance of twins. The clinic is 2 hours from where we live but I'm lying down in the car and will be resting the next 3 days. Feeling much more positive about our chances after getting to see our embryos and know how well they've developed. I already feel like this whole ordeal has been worth it to know that DH and I can make good embryos and do have a chance of a healthy baby so long as we don't give up.

Got my meds today! :happydance:

I am off of birth control and just waiting for CD1 to get started now.... hoping to do ER/ET sometime between December 13th and the end of the year. :D

Thanks you both ladies. I feel a little calmer. I'm hoping by Monday I've responded..how long can I actually stimulate for?

I love reading your journeys and hope I can help any of you along the way too xxx

I stimmed for 11 days, but I had a friend who stimmed for 14. That's the longest I've heard but maybe some docs are willing to stim longer?

Regardless, I'm praying for you mrsG. And also for you AJ! I hope your cycle gets off to a great start!

Kuwan that is such a wonderful dream and way to go with those embies. Rest up and enjoy the ride

Sorry I have been MIA ladies been working a lot but I hope everyone is doing well!! I'm just waiting for my HSG on Friday so I'll have more to post on. But My meds have been ordered and I have my calendar My baseline scan is Next week they gave one of two dates since thanksgiving might interrupt the first one! I'm just patiently waiting but it's starting to feel real! A lot of you guys are way ahead of me but I wish you guys Rainbows and Sunshine!

Wish - Congrats on the juicy follies!!

Kuawen- Yay on the Embryo transfer! Fingers crossed for your BFP!

Amanda- So sorry for your loss

ttc and bright you guys are way ahead of me I feel BFP's can someone tell me what PUPO stands for?

Disney- I think I'm not to far behind you!

Mrs G- Welcome! Your story sounds almost identical to mine! We are using Donor sperm as back up and my husband is ok with it we already decided which ever sperm makes the healthiest embryo is who we will go with. But it does seem like your clinic was being cautious just so you wouldn't over respond I'm sure it will all work out now that you have doubled up on meds.

AJ- Welcome I know your excited the meds makes everything seem real!

Thanks girls. I'll keep you all posted. I'm going to make sure I read all your stories tonight and at some point I hope I can help you out..... not sure how though ha.

Hazel... it's great to know I'm not the only one. .... xxx

MrsG30 Sounds like you just need your Gonal F upping, I was on it for stimming and I was on 150iu for 14 days they collected 29 eggs.

Kuawen Congrats on being PUPO, got everything crossed for a + outcome.

Afm 7 days of suprecur now, keep getting stomach cramps like AF could start any minute. Hoping and praying she arrives on time tomorrow. Cant remember if suprecur delayed things when Ive used it in the past.

MrsG - I stimmed for, I think, 10 days in cycle 1, I think almost 16 in cycle 2 (that was crazy and I didn't respond well - this was the downgrade to IUI b/c I only had 1 follicle), and this cycle I'll have been stimming for 16 days as well. It's supposed to only be around 10-12 days but it all just depends on how quickly you respond.

kuawen - that's incredible!! so happy for you!! sit back, relax and enjoy now! FX'ed for you!

C&J - FX'ed AF gets here quickly for you!

hazel - good luck at your HSG on Friday. Not long until you start now! And 'PUPO' (my fave acronym on here by far) means 'Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise', so that's what you are after the transfer since it's already fertilized and implanted into your uterus. :)

ttc - awww, i can't wait to have those dreams. I dreamt that I lost my mom and sister in an accident last night. The complete OPPOSITE of what I want to dream about! And I hope there are some additionals hiding in there but I doubt it. This whole time they did say that there were a few in the background but they were little and not developing. I hope one or two end up plumping!

so ALL FIVE are ready to go!! Here are my stats from this morning's scan:
R: 21, 20.5
L: 22, 20 and 18 - it jumped up 4mm in one day!!
Lining is around 10.5 or so (she said she might have just mis-measured yesterday but anything over 10 is perfect)

I'll get the call this afternoon but there's no reason not to think we're triggering tonight for a retrieval on Saturday morning. Nice and convenient so we don't have to take time off of work.
then if all goes well and we have one or two fertlized, good-looking embies, we'll transfer on either Monday, Wed or Thurs!

Wish - That is so awesome. I am so happy they caught up! That dream is horrible. I hate those kind of dreams. Thankfully, they are not true and usually mean something else. Maybe it is just showing the anxiety you have been having over growing these eggs. You are well on your way now, though!

AFM - beta tomorrow morning.....Not sure if I can explain how my emotions are going NUTS!!!!!

good luck wish!! sounds like you have some perfectly sized follies and a great lining to match!!

thanks, girls! FX'ed!

seems so silly to be excited over only 5 follicles but we needed the 3 minimum to even go through with the procedure, and from there I know it only takes one. <3
But it would be nice to be able to transfer 2 and have another spare to add to our one frostie!

Good morning! This thread moves so fast it's hard to keep up. I'm a bit of a newbie, so I am trying my best.

Ren and Kuawen - congrats on the transfers!!!!! How are you both feeling?

I had my transfer on Tuesday, it was a single CDC grade. I'm so nervous about the grade but I am praying the little one is making a home. I hate PIO because it's making me think I have symptoms. I'm a basketcase. BETA is the day after Thanksgiving!

Tee - I'm doing good so far. The PIO is giving me symptoms too, but otherwise just avoiding Google and binge watching Netflix. 10 more days until I get my phone call!

congrats on being PUPO, Tee! so exciting your beta is right around the corner!

I have to say, if all goes well and I get to transfer - Crinone better not give me false symptoms. I've had 2 cycles on it now and the one I had symptoms, i was actually pregnant. This last cycle, it didn't give me squat. So i'm hoping that means that it doesn't actually give me symptoms and anything I feel will come from a snuggly embie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->