IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

So happy for you wish! Your follies and lining sound so good.

Kuawen- I am doing the same. Netflix and playing Guild Wars 2.

TeeinAZ- PIO gave me false symptoms but I don't notice it on the suppository.

Ttc, I have everything crossed for you.

Only symptom other than tender nips(which could totally be progesterone) happened this morning middle of the night. I had a stabby cramp in my uterus so strong it made me wake up and sit straight up in bed. Hubbs woke up when I yelled out and asked if I was ok. I giggled and went Wooho! So I am 99% sure it is trying to implant as I had a teeny tiny bit of blood this AM too. Whether it will be successful, I don't know but pretty confident it is trying.

MrsG - I stimmed for, I think, 10 days in cycle 1, I think almost 16 in cycle 2 (that was crazy and I didn't respond well - this was the downgrade to IUI b/c I only had 1 follicle), and this cycle I'll have been stimming for 16 days as well. It's supposed to only be around 10-12 days but it all just depends on how quickly you respond.

kuawen - that's incredible!! so happy for you!! sit back, relax and enjoy now! FX'ed for you!

C&J - FX'ed AF gets here quickly for you!

hazel - good luck at your HSG on Friday. Not long until you start now! And 'PUPO' (my fave acronym on here by far) means 'Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise', so that's what you are after the transfer since it's already fertilized and implanted into your uterus. :)

ttc - awww, i can't wait to have those dreams. I dreamt that I lost my mom and sister in an accident last night. The complete OPPOSITE of what I want to dream about! And I hope there are some additionals hiding in there but I doubt it. This whole time they did say that there were a few in the background but they were little and not developing. I hope one or two end up plumping!

so ALL FIVE are ready to go!! Here are my stats from this morning's scan:
R: 21, 20.5
L: 22, 20 and 18 - it jumped up 4mm in one day!!
Lining is around 10.5 or so (she said she might have just mis-measured yesterday but anything over 10 is perfect)

I'll get the call this afternoon but there's no reason not to think we're triggering tonight for a retrieval on Saturday morning. Nice and convenient so we don't have to take time off of work.
then if all goes well and we have one or two fertlized, good-looking embies, we'll transfer on either Monday, Wed or Thurs!

Wish- Thanks for letting me in on that! I do love that Acronym! And yay to go on your linning and follies I'm so happy for you!

So happy for you wish! Your follies and lining sound so good.

Kuawen- I am doing the same. Netflix and playing Guild Wars 2.

TeeinAZ- PIO gave me false symptoms but I don't notice it on the suppository.

Ttc, I have everything crossed for you.

Only symptom other than tender nips(which could totally be progesterone) happened this morning middle of the night. I had a stabby cramp in my uterus so strong it made me wake up and sit straight up in bed. Hubbs woke up when I yelled out and asked if I was ok. I giggled and went Wooho! So I am 99% sure it is trying to implant as I had a teeny tiny bit of blood this AM too. Whether it will be successful, I don't know but pretty confident it is trying.

Renaendel- Yay sounds really promising for you🎉🎉🎉🎉

Hi ladies:hi:

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I'm about to start FET in the next two weeks. We had a failed IVF with ICSI in September so I'm a bit nervous I'm dreading to have to go through the 2ww and everything again to see a bfn :( trying to stay positive though xx

ren!! that's so exciting!! when I told my mom about all of the things I feel during this process, she was like 'woah - you are SO much more in tune with your body than I was!' (she had me at 18 - dumb teenager! :haha:)
are you going to test early at all or just wait until beta?

welcome VLW - good luck in your next round. are you doing anything different this cycle to hopefully get a sticky one? Did you do assisted hatching?

well retrieval is set for tomorrow morning at 10:30. I can't wait, I'll probably not sleep too well tonight (though I've been sleeping like a rock all week - the drugs?). My belly is still so sore from the trigger and all of the shots, I'm so happy to be done with those (for now and hopefully forever!)!!

Thanks Wish2Mom
Good luck with your retrieval tomorrow, is this your first IVF cycle? No nothing different, last time I ate pineapple core and brazil nuts so I'm not doing that again ha. I'm trying not to think too much about it really xx

no - this is my 3rd cycle call around, 2nd IVF (my last cycle, my follicles didn't cooperate and I only had one mature one, so I did IUI instead). My first cycle was successful, but lost it around 7 weeks.

Welcome VLW, I'll be praying for you during your FET :flower: I've seen a lot of girls have success with a FET after a fresh transfer didn't take. I hope this is the one for you.

Good luck at your retrieval tomorrow, Wish! :hugs:

Hey ladies! Thought I'd join you girls if you don't mind. I'm on my first day of BC today for 10 days & then will be starting the meds. This is my first time with IVF. I'm 29 & my husband is 32, we were diagnosed with unexplained.
A little nervous with all the shots that showed up at my door the other day, but excited to start the process!
Wish2b- Good luck tomorrow!! Hope all goes well :)

Wish2BMom fingers crossed this time round works, sounds like you have been through a lot. Makes you realise it's not as straightforward as we first probably thought.

Thank you Kuawen yes I've heard a couple of stories about FET so hopefully one of our blasto's is the one :) where are you up to?

Hi babydream86 good luck with your first cycle. The drug delivery is really quiet scary at first isn't it, I found it very daunting. Hope you're feeling ok and keeping positive as best you can xx

Welcome babymad and good luck with your cycle. I did my first ivf back in August 2012, we did long protocol I presume you are doing the same what with starting bc as thats what I did too.

VLW welcome, we have just started our 3rd FET cycle. 1st one failed after our ivf but our 2nd was successful. This will be our final FET as we only have 3 embryos remaining and they have been frozen in 1 straw together.
Are you doing a medicated FET?

As for me AF was due today and she hasnt showed :growlmad: Typical! I am never late and have a cycle like clock work. I can only assume that it is the buserelin/suprecur injections that have delayed things :/ ? I can't remember whether the same thing has happened in previous cycles.

Amanda: I'm so sorry. I hope you are staying strong xx big hugs xx

Congrats to all the PUPOs :) hang in there ladies, I hope your embies are nice and sticky.

TTC- thinking of you, hope your beta is good xx

Disney- great tip on residual meds (Wish - did your RE draw them out?)

Welcome G30, VLW and Babydream

Hazel - good luck for your baseline next week.

AFM: I will start buserilin on Sunday. My cyst had shrunk to 9mm so I was really happy, and no sign of hydrosalpinx. My blood pressure was through the roof though and she said to test it again next week. I think I was just super anxious and that gave me a high reading. Has anyone else had high blood pressure throughout IVF?

No, chronicaly low but for a reason that might help you (94/63 on stims). The accuracy of the blood pressure is also dependent on the size of the cuff. They kept using the large adult cuff on me and I am really tiny. I sat there for minutes with the machine re-inflating the cuff over, and over failing to detect a valid pressure on me. Once they switched to a much smaller cuff my blood pressure went off without a hitch and it went up. Make sure that they have the right size cuff for you. Too large and your pressure is wrong and looks too low, too small and it is elevated where there actually isn't a problem.

Thanks asterimou!

c&j so you were the same as me then as we have 3 embryo's. I'm going to do unmedicated as I have regular cycles and I have no issues (problem lies with hubby). When are doing your FET then? X

VLW - I have regular cycles to but my clinic prefer their patients to do the medicated cycle. We started out with 11 frozen blastocysts but as they were frozen in batches of 4, 4 and 3 it's limited the amount of cycles we can go for. Just hope this last one works as this is last chance saloon for us before accepting no more children.
I'm currently injecting suprecur, have been for 8 days so far. I had an endometrial scratch done last Tuesday in preperation. My AF is due today but hasn't shown up, as soon as she does then I start taking tablets to build my lining on cd3 then a scan cd13 (which should be around 3rd/4th Dec) to check my lining is thick enough then we get a date for transfer which should be around a week later. Would be a lovely Christmas present to have success. We are both scared that our embryos won't survive the thaw after all this.

aster - no, I had just enough in the last pen I ordered to get me through to last night. Next step was to draw it out of the 6 pens I pulled from the bathroom trash...;)

Hey ladies! I just had my HSG and it went great! I was anticipating so much pain since my first one was awful 😒. The Nurse said every experience is different and this was !I barely felt a cramp. She said my tubes were patent and my cervix was normal and she said she had no problem getting the catheter through my cervix Whohoo! All clear! We had our injection training and my meds should arrive tomorrow. This is getting very expensive quick ahh!

Wish- Good luck with retrieval tomorrow wishing you the best of luck!

Asterimou- Thankx! Seems so real now. With high blood pressure a lot of things can effect it being so high. Caffeine , Monster drinks stress! Try meditation. I ordered this fertility meditation CD and it is so relaxing.

VLW- Welcome !

TeeinAZ- congrats on PUPO

Baby dreams- Welcome nice to have another cycle buddy

C&J- I'm due to have a period next week she better come on time lol do nerve wracking. I've been spotting and having breakthrough bleeding on BCP so I think it's way past time. Good luck

C&J we were given the option of which we wanted to do, I think at our clinic the muse said the odds are the same so I willing opted for unmedicated. It's not easy having to do lots of needles is it.
We had 11 eggs, 7 fertilised, 3 made it to day 5 and frozen and one ended up bfn! I'm due on any time now so as soon as I do I ring up and get a date to start using opk's once I have a positive I ring up to arrange ET I'm thinking it might be around 12th Dec give or take so we might be in the 2ww together!! Xx

Hi Ladies - I typed out a post last night responding to a lot of what is going on here, and it looks like it never posted. :dohh:

I unfortunately don't have time to go back and redo it, so I'll just send good vibes to all of your lovely ladies who are either PUPO or about to go through ER or ET. :dust:

As for me, I'm continuing my BCP until a week from Sunday. I start my estrace, dexamethesone, baby aspiring, etc... later that week. PIO shots start a week before transfer.

I realized recently that my official test date is Christmas Day. :dohh: We all know I'm going to cheat and test early, but I surely hope to be enjoying a happy Christmas this year. I still remember that I got my period on December 25 in 2012 when we were waiting to see if I was able to get pregnant on clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->