IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Sounds like we will be very similar regarding dates VLW :)

I guess we are all going to be finding out very near to or around Christmas whether we have had success or not. It's either going to be a wonderful Christmas and New Year for celebrating or if not for me I will be drowning my sorrows and stuffing my face! Really hope its the first scenario.

"What do I think God meant when he gave me infertility?

"I think he meant for my husband and I to grow closer, become stronger, love deeper. I think God meant for us to find the fortitude within ourselves to get up every time infertility knocks us down. I think God meant for our medical community to discover medicines, invent medical equipment, create procedures and protocols. I think God meant for us to find a cure for infertility.

"No, God never meant for me not to have children. That's not my destiny; that's just a fork in the road I'm on. I've been placed on the road less traveled, and, like it or not, I'm a better person for it. Clearly, God meant for me to develop more compassion, deeper courage, and greater inner strength on this journey to resolution, and I haven't let him down.

"Frankly, if the truth be known, I think God has singled me out for a special treatment. I think God meant for me to build a thirst for a child so strong and so deep that when that baby is finally placed in my arms, it will be the longest, coolest, most refreshing drink I've ever known.

"While I would never choose infertility, I can not deny that a fertile woman could never know the joy that awaits me. Yes, one way or another, I will have a baby of my own. And the next time someone wants to offer me unsolicited advice I'll say, "Don't tell me what God meant when he handed me infertility. I already know."

-Author unknown

That was beautiful hazel :cry: thank you for sharing that. I think I might need to copy and paste that into my journal so I can read it again and again

Hi Ladies

Been catching up on this thread as I had a FET on nov 14!

I tested today and got a BFP at 8dp5dt and will be going for beta on Sunday !!!!

Anyone else testing ??

Congratulations breaking! I personally won't be testing until my beta on the 29th.

Kuawen - good luck at your beta - fx!!!

Thank u - I always test before beta I rather know the outcome on my own before bloods !

Congrats Breaking Dawn!

Beautiful passage Hazel!

Hang in there Kuawen!

I looked at my calendar and see that my last BCP is this Sunday, not the following one. I start my other oral meds next Friday. :thumbup: I'm wondering what kind of bleeding pattern I can expect to have after only a week and a half on the pill and if I had a "real" period starting on Nov 11.

Hazel: beautiful words. I also think this journey has made me more in tune with my body and I definitely look after myself more. This body is soooooo ready for pregnancy!

Disney: my RE said I would bleed when I stopped the pill even though my period was only 2 weeks ago. My last pill is today - needles tmrw :/

Breaking: good luck on Sunday. Fingers crossed for you xx

Hi Disney are you waiting to do fet? When do you start? I'm about to start my FET unmedicated our first ICSI ended as a bfn xx

Thanks VLW & C&J! It sucks we're all going through this, but I'm glad we'll all be cycle buddies. Nice to go through it with others who understand. Yeah I believe I’m on the long protocol.

Hazeleyez- that’s great! Glad the test went smoothly for you. I know what you mean about the money lol. All worth it in the end, but geesh! Loved that poem btw.

Wish2BMom- Good luck today!!

Disneyfan88- That’s so exciting!! Hope we all have a great Christmas surprise this year ☺

Breaking Dawn- That’s great news!! Good luck with the beta test, but sounds promising :-D

The girls & I are going out tonight to celebrate the start of this cycle & doing a little pampering. I’ve cut back on the drinking, but I figured this weekend will be the last hurrah. Did any of you girls give up drinking completely too? I don’t mind doing it, but I sure will miss my wine lol.

Hi Disney are you waiting to do fet? When do you start? I'm about to start my FET unmedicated our first ICSI ended as a bfn xx

We opted to wait until mid-December to do our transfer as we have a few things currently underway (new floors) and a trip coming up. I did 2 ICSI cycles - the first with a fresh transfer and the second with a frozen transfer about a month or so later. That cycle resulted in my only ever BFP.

When is your transfer going to be? The only meds I'm taking are birth control pills (until tomorrow), and next Friday, I start my oral meds. The only shots that I'm doing are PIO, which start about a week before the transfer. I've been on BCP for a little over a week so far, and I'm starting acupuncture today. I feel like I'm finally doing something now. :thumbup:

Good luck on your cycle! :hugs:

Thanks Asterimou!

Babydreams - I've already given up coffee, alcohol, and I try to not indulge in too many sweets. Ice cream is also out because the acupuncturist says nothing cold in the body. :dohh:

Hi Disney and babydreams it looks like we will be having transfer around the same time. Af started so will ring the hospital Monday morning so they can start getting things on place can't believe it's starting again arghhh roll on ET xx

Kuawen- Go for it! I had to share with you ladies. That poem is dedicated to all of us strong ladies! Also since this is my first cycle I think I'm Gunna wait on my beta, or try lol

Breaking- Congrats on your BFP

Disney- My last dose of BCP is 11/25/15. I should be starting my meds 12/1/15 I'm right behind ya! How often are you going for accupunture ?

Asterimou- Me too! I'm so ready

And that's the doorbell I'm expecting my meds!

Thank you so much everyone - Nervous and excited as I have an almost 11 month old (from my first FET )

Hi everyone,

Breaking - wow congratulations!!

Hazel - thank you so much for posting that poem, I love it and it makes so much sense. Beautiful.

Baby dreams - first ivf I gave up drinking totally 2 months before and throughout, second ivf I stopped when I started stims. This time I have cut right back but had a glass if red last night. I've also cut out or cut back on caffeine although I don't have a lot anyway. My aims to to be good but be relaxed and happy. Do what feels right for you.

Afm scan on Friday went well, and another Monday. Ec provisionally going to be on Friday!! Looking better than my previous cycles so feeling excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->