IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hope - it's great you can start in Jan. Just ask away if you have any questions. I actually didn't have side effects from the injections and they are not hard to do. I found the scans more stressful where they count your follicles and you just want a good number. At one point they thought they would cancel my cycle. But I'm here now with one special embie in me :) good luck

thanks aster!! I don't even know where to begin but I'm sure as questions pop up I will most definitely reaching out to you girls for advice and support!

Wishing you lots of sticky dust! :dust:

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been absent in this thread but everything is crazy with the holidays :wacko: I'm very happy to share that I had my first ultrasound today, and we saw one healthy baby in my womb with a heart rate of 134. This is the longest I've ever been pregnant and DH and I began crying when we heard the heart beat. I still can't believe this actually worked and we may be getting our rainbow baby finally.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers through this process!

Amazing! I'm soooo, so happy for you! :happydance:

Kuawen, hi, and congratulations! I joined up after you were gone, but a heartbeat is such excellent news! :happydance:

Other ladies: Re. PIO: I am really hoping I don't need it... DP is terrified of needles and I'd almost certainly have to end up doing it all myself! :wacko:

Lots of ladies get enough of what they need from the vaginal progesterone methods. During my last cycle, one of the ladies on our thread was pregnant with twins and was able to stay on Crinone the entire time she needed to be on progesterone. I wasn't so lucky, but I think most are. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

If you do have to go to PIO, it's not really that bad. I'm of the mindset that with all we are putting our bodies to, administering the PIO shot is one of the duties that should belong to DH!

I'm PASP (Pregnant and Staying Pregnant). There was one little embie that made it to day 5. It was transferred without incident (although like Klik my bladder was very full!) Needing to urinate took my mind off everything else. So now I have to wait 10 days to test. It feels amazing to of got this far. There is a little embie inside me....please stick❤️

Kuawen- congrats on how far you have come, great news

Klik - thanks for the advice ;) I hope we can try and keep each other sane over the next week or so. When are you testing?

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Congrats!! Kick your feet up and have DH wait on you so that your little embie can snuggle in and implant! :thumbup: My doctor schedules tests 8 days after 5-6 day transfers. I cheated and tested at home after 6 days last and got my first ever BFP that resulted in my daughter. Since my official test day is Christmas, I'm sure I'm going to cave and test early. I'm praying so hard for our little Christmas miracle!

Thanks Disney, I didn't realise I could test so soon. 6dpt will be Xmas day! I'm cooking dinner and having family round so I might wait until Boxing Day. I'm sure I will cave, Since the transfer I have thought of nothing else!

I wish I could say that the obsession lessens, but it'll always be there in the back of your mind. I'm keeping busy with Christmas movies, and I started crocheting a blanket for my daughter yesterday. I didn't want to jinx myself by doing boy colors, so I chose to do a lilac blanket for my daughter. My first ever attempt after self-teaching myself from YouTube videos, but it doesn't look half bad so far. :thumbup:

Asterimou, I'm very sorry that after all your hard work only one embryo made it to day 5... but at least you do know this one is strong and special indeed! Best, best of luck, and I hope it implants happily!

Disneyfan, thank you for the info! I got my blood test results and apparently between the Crinone and the Cyclogest (vaginal and rectal, respectively) I do not need the PIO... I hope it does stay this way, as I was starting to panic a little as to how I'd manage the injections on my own... I'm so glad your DH can help you with yours! It must take a little bit of the edge off... Also, have fun with the crochet! Sounds really really sweet!!

Both: As for testing, I'm supposed to wait 16 (!!) days, so mine would be the 31st. (So Asterimou, yes, it's no sex for a REALLY long time.) I will actually try to hold out that long before testing! I will let you know, though, and I look forward to hearing your results. Fingers really, really crossed that all of our single embies stick!! :dust:

I don't think I could wait 16 days to test. I'm only 3 days in and I'm already :wacko:!!!

Teehee! I'm trying to be as zen about it as possible. Also, I think I'm afraid to test early and get a BFN--I'll feel discouraged even though there is still hope!

Perhaps it's a good thing I lost the Internet cheapie tests I bough off of Amazon during our recent home remodeling project. I would have totally caved me tested this morning. :dohh: I have one 3-pack box of first response tests and am not ready to start using the reliable brands just yet.

My door daughter has a cold. I'm juggling the desire to make her feel better with the desire to not catch it and give this little embryo a fighting chance. I've been wearing a face mask and am hoping that will help.

No work today, so I will be checking on my various Christmas gifts to see what needs to be wrapped and what I have for everyone. I know that I've misplaced at least one gift that I need to locate. :dohh:

Morning everyone!

Kuawen - you and I are due the same date!

I just had my last RE appt and got to see the heartbeat of our little one. He/she is measuring at 7 weeks and 1 day and the heartbeat was at 125!

I am on PIO and estrogen until Jan 26th, yuk! But, whatever I got to do to keep this baby I will suffer through more shots! LOL

Attachments

• 7 weeks 1 day.jpg
    7 weeks 1 day.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4
Teen: great news on heartbeat:) I can only imagine what that is like. Hopefully I won't have to just imagine for much longer.

I'm driving myself crazy, feeling/not feeling things and worrying about both. They said I should do a home test no earlier than the 28th so I'm going to try and wait it out, although Xmas morning I will be 6dp5dt. Does anyone know if you do it earlier can you get a false positive?

Disney: what is your official test date?

I tested 6dp and got a positive. I don't know if sooner would show up.

Morning everyone!

Kuawen - you and I are due the same date!

I just had my last RE appt and got to see the heartbeat of our little one. He/she is measuring at 7 weeks and 1 day and the heartbeat was at 125!

I am on PIO and estrogen until Jan 26th, yuk! But, whatever I got to do to keep this baby I will suffer through more shots! LOL

Great news on the heartbeat! :happydance:

Teen: great news on heartbeat:) I can only imagine what that is like. Hopefully I won't have to just imagine for much longer.

I'm driving myself crazy, feeling/not feeling things and worrying about both. They said I should do a home test no earlier than the 28th so I'm going to try and wait it out, although Xmas morning I will be 6dp5dt. Does anyone know if you do it earlier can you get a false positive?

Disney: what is your official test date?

I tested in the evening at 6dp5dt after my FET in 2013 and got a very obvious positive on multiple tests. I had to do a double take as I'd never seen a BFP before then. I suspect I would have seen a second line that morning or the day before had I tested before then. Others have experienced longer wait times before they got a positive result. This time around, our FET was with a day 6 embryo. I'm not sure if that means he'd potentially implant earlier. With my daughter, the embryo was starting to hatch at the time of transfer. This time around, he was full hatched when the transfer took place.

My official test day for my beta would normally be Friday (Christmas). My doctor suggested I go Thursday since it's unlikely that I will find a lab outside of a hospital to do my lab work and get the results back to us on Christmas. I did my beta at 7dp5dt with my daughter (a day early) because I had already gotten the positive urine test the night before, and my doctor told me to go ahead and get the blood test early.

Disneyfan: you have a whole system for testing! Impressive!! :winkwink: I'm sorry your daughter has a cold... That must be really tough, having a little one already and trying to protect your embryo and your body as much as possible (also, being preoccupied with the potential pregnancy--I only have a dog and I already feel guilty! :wacko:)

TeeinAZ: Wooow! Congratulations on the heartbeat! That is so, so exciting! :happydance:

Asterimou: I know how that feels, trying to interpret every "symptom"/lack thereof! :wacko: Especially pointless for those of us on progesterone, which causes most/all of the initial symptoms anyway!

Ugh - my throat is starting to feel scratchy. I hope I'm not coming down with something. :nope: I don't think it would be great for the embryo if my body is simultaneously trying to fight off a potential illness. :dohh:

that's actually a good sign. Your body's immune system weakens a bit so your body can allow the embryo to implant. A lot of women complain about coming down with a cold before they get their bfp. So fingers crossed!

True - I felt like I had the flu with both pregnancies! I still have a stuffy nose and a bit of a sore throat with this one.

Now I'm worried that I DON'T have cold symptoms! :dohh:

Me: 8dp8dt. Halfway there!

Hello. I hope you are well. I'm starting to become a crazy mess waiting to find out if our First FET worked... I'm currently 7dp5dt... I'm really trying not to test too early... I thought this Christmas time would be a breeze because there is so much going on.....

Hello. I hope you are well. I'm starting to become a crazy mess waiting to find out if our First FET worked... I'm currently 7dp5dt... I'm really trying not to test too early... I thought this Christmas time would be a breeze because there is so much going on.....

Sadly I don't think it's ever a breeze. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->