IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Good luck tmrw C&J xx

I just had egg collection. 7 eggs, let's hope they're good ones. Feet up today :)

Hello, dear women! I posted on a couple of other threads, but I see that a couple of you (C&J, Asterimou) have timings that roughly coincide with mine, so here I am!

I am doing a natural cycle IVF, and had my one egg collected on Saturday--fingers crossed I get a nicely developing embryo, in which case embryo transfer will be tomorrow. I am melting with excitement and apprehension. Embryologist said if the embryo is not developing at all, they will give me a call today, so every time the phone rings I jump with anxiety. So far so good, though.

C&J--good luck on the thawing! Fingers crossed!!

Asterimou, I really really hope you get lots of nicely developing embryos!

Bright Eyez, my word, my word, triplets! Best of luck!

BabyDreams, there are so many raw emotions on this road to parenthood... I'm really sorry your DH is so frayed by the process. I know I have never met you, and probably never will, but I send you a big, warm hug anyway. I hope things take a turn for the better, for you...

Hi Klik, I'm on the sofa watching Netflix which will take my mind off it all for about 15 mins and then I start thinking about the embies. Please be growing big and strong! I'm sure you are thinking about your little embie also. I hope it all goes well. Keep us posted:)

Well, Asterimou, the day is over and I at least did not get the dreaded call. Woohoo! Do you get fertilisation news tomorrow? Best of luck, whenever it is!

Astermou- congrats Hun, 7 eggs is great!! Hope you are resting and those eggs are busy fertilising!!

Klik - welcome! So glad you didn't get a call, sounds like your embie is doing well, good luck for transfer tomorrow!!

Thank you, Mrs W! Congratulations on your BFP! How exciting! Have you got a scan scheduled? Good luck!!!

Thanks klik! I haven't yet but I will have an early scan in 2-3 weeks, I need to book one!

Good luck today x

I got the call just now. We have 5 embryos and they plan to transfer on Saturday. I just hope they all do well over the next few days. I'm a bit constipated after EC but am eating lots of fibre so hopefully it will move through soon....sorry TMI! I have just inserted my first Cyclogest and it wasn't too bad.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Let us know how you're getting on.

Asterimou, congratulations! 5 embryos out of 7 eggs is a good result. Best of luck in their development! I'm sure it will be hard to think of anything else before Saturday...

Mrs W, you're very wise to just enjoy and digest the news, rather than jumping into booking the next thing.

AFM, excellent news: my one (!) embryo is at the highest grade for day 3, and embryo transfer will be today. Embryologist recommended assisted hatching and I said yes. I will be buzzing around uselessly for the next 3 hours until ET, and probably for a few days after that!

Asterimou, congratulations! 5 embryos out of 7 eggs is a good result. Best of luck in their development! I'm sure it will be hard to think of anything else before Saturday...

Mrs W, you're very wise to just enjoy and digest the news, rather than jumping into booking the next thing.

AFM, excellent news: my one (!) embryo is at the highest grade for day 3, and embryo transfer will be today. Embryologist recommended assisted hatching and I said yes. I will be buzzing around uselessly for the next 3 hours until ET, and probably for a few days after that!

How did transfer go? Now for the wait!

Hi ladies - I've been MIA for a bit while we were on vacation and am dealing with some home renovations. I see that we have lots of recent activity here with lots of ladies undergoing transfers recently. Good luck to all of you and :dust: for those BFPs!

Bright -Wow! Triplets! :baby::cloud9::baby::cloud9::baby:

As for me, I'm due to go for my transfer on Thursday. I should find out about the time sometime today. :happydance: I started my PIO shots again last Friday. DH is soooo out of practice. :dohh:

Asterimou, the transfer went really well, thanks for asking! just a 6-cell embryo, but apparently high-grade... beautiful-looking, anyway--I got a little picture of it, even!

I have to say, though, I found the transfer quite uncomfortable--I had to have my bladder full, and it was FULL! So every time the scanner was pressing down on my belly I desperately wanted the loo. I was squeezing DP's hand so tight, poor him!

But the doc said the transfer went smoothly, and then I got a picture of the embryo inside the uterus. Amazing stuff! Now for the 2ww... 16 days, actually--I guess they want to make sure there are no false negatives...

How are you finding the wait til Saturday, Asterimou? Hard to focus on anything, isn't it?

And Disneyfan, hello! Good luck with your transfer on Thursday--I hope it goes smoothly. Do you know how many you're transferring yet?

Asterimou, the transfer went really well, thanks for asking! just a 6-cell embryo, but apparently high-grade... beautiful-looking, anyway--I got a little picture of it, even!

I have to say, though, I found the transfer quite uncomfortable--I had to have my bladder full, and it was FULL! So every time the scanner was pressing down on my belly I desperately wanted the loo. I was squeezing DP's hand so tight, poor him!

But the doc said the transfer went smoothly, and then I got a picture of the embryo inside the uterus. Amazing stuff! Now for the 2ww... 16 days, actually--I guess they want to make sure there are no false negatives...

How are you finding the wait til Saturday, Asterimou? Hard to focus on anything, isn't it?

And Disneyfan, hello! Good luck with your transfer on Thursday--I hope it goes smoothly. Do you know how many you're transferring yet?

Thanks, klik! I'm glad that you had a nice smooth transfer! We are planning to transfer one embryo. We did genetic testing on our embryos from my IVF cycles in 2013 (tested 4 fresh and 2 frozen embryos), so since the one we are transferring should theoretically be chromosomally normal, we are doing just the one and hoping that he implants. We're going to be transferring a day 6 embryo which our doctor says is the next best grade that we have (we're transferring based on grade rather than gender). He's from my first cycle and has already been thawed once before, so I'm praying really hard that he can survive another thaw. I've been doing acupuncture leading up to this transfer and am hoping for the best. My official test day is supposed to be Christmas, but I'm sure I'll cave and test sooner.

Best of luck to you. I hope your embryo gets nice and cozy I there! :hugs:

Thanks, Disneyfan! Fingers crossed your little embryo can thaw again without a hitch. And well done on knowing ahead of time that it seems free of chromosome problems... Hopefully it will stick! And it's amazing you can know the gender so early... mind-boggling!

Congrats on being "PUPO" klik. My first IVF was a SET (single embryo transfer) as well. He was also a perfect grade and we referred to him as our super baby. He was born in May of 2014! I'm sending lost of baby dust your way.

We also just had our second IVF round and had another SET FET and I am currently a little over 6 weeks. So, I am proof that SET's are successful!

Disneyfan - good luck with your transfer tomorrow!!!!!!

Thanks, TeeinAZ! And thank you so much for sharing your stories. They are heartening! I hope the pregnancy is going well!

I'm extra-anxious because I'm 41 and have high FSH and low ovarian reserve... But of course, one little embryo is all we need, as long as it sticks!

Disneyfan--thinking of you. Wishing you luck.

Disney: I hope your transfer went well today

Klik: glad your little embie is in and I hope it's nice a sticky :)

I got a call today saying that all 5 embies are doing well and there are some good quality ones in there for transfer on Saturday. Just can't wait to see how they all do and hoping we have a high grade fro transfer.

Teen: did you have sex between collection and transfer? I know that I can't have it after transfer but what about now? Sorry if I'm being a bit too personal!

Thanks ladies! The transfer went great. We transfered our next highest grade embryo today - a boy (our only one). My doctor said he looked perfect and was already fully hatched. I think he's technically a day 6 embryo since he was originally frozen on day 5 and was previously thawed to do PGS when we were testing our fresh embryos from IVF cycle #2. I'm on bed rest for the next 2 days. Perfect timing as we just finished some home renovations and the downstairs is all dusty and needs to be cleaned. Poor DH. :haha:

klik - I hope you're doing well! My doctor said that implantation typically happens about 2 days later whether or not the embryo was hatching already.

Asterimou - Fantastic news about your embryos! Looking forward to your transfer next!

How are all of the pregnant mommas doing?

I asked my doctor about the grade of the embryo, and she said he looks like a 6AA (he was 6AA when he was frozen the first time, and we were told he was 6AB after he was biopsied and frozen a second time, so I guess he improved a little. :thumbup:).

His first picture. :kiss:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member