IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hello. I hope you are well. I'm starting to become a crazy mess waiting to find out if our First FET worked... I'm currently 7dp5dt... I'm really trying not to test too early... I thought this Christmas time would be a breeze because there is so much going on.....

I'm 4dp 5dt and I had a real melt down yesterday. Full on sobbing :cry: lucky for my husband who got me through. I just felt like I had no symptoms and so nothing was happening. I never realised I'd get so low in the tww. I've had many tww when ttc naturally but this is another level. I also thought Xmas would keep me busy but I have thought of nothing but this whole process and what I will do if it doesn't work. On top of that I feel bad for being sad as everyone says you're supposed to be positive in the tww. Have done a bit better today but this is hard! Respect to all you ladies xx

Thanks, ladies! :hugs:

Now I'm worried that I DON'T have cold symptoms! :dohh:

Me: 8dp8dt. Halfway there!

You're doing great! Hang in there! :hugs:

Hello. I hope you are well. I'm starting to become a crazy mess waiting to find out if our First FET worked... I'm currently 7dp5dt... I'm really trying not to test too early... I thought this Christmas time would be a breeze because there is so much going on.....

I'm 6dp6dt today. When is your test date? I've got a ton of Christmas-related things to do (and presents to wrap!!), but I still find myself obsessing over every little thing. :dohh:

I'm 4dp 5dt and I had a real melt down yesterday. Full on sobbing :cry: lucky for my husband who got me through. I just felt like I had no symptoms and so nothing was happening. I never realised I'd get so low in the tww. I've had many tww when ttc naturally but this is another level. I also thought Xmas would keep me busy but I have thought of nothing but this whole process and what I will do if it doesn't work. On top of that I feel bad for being sad as everyone says you're supposed to be positive in the tww. Have done a bit better today but this is hard! Respect to all you ladies xx

Don't get discouraged! :hugs: 3dp5dt and 4dp5dt are both still pretty early for symptoms, so you're definitely not out yet! :hugs::hugs: Are you ready for Christmas? Did you wrap all of your gifts, or do you perhaps like to bake or watch Christmas movies? Hang in there!!

NZIVF, Asterimou: hang in there... This is a difficult period. How could it not be? Amanda is absolutely right: it is never a breeze... If you weren't anxious and worried and frustrated, it would be very strange indeed... After all the work you've put in, physical and emotional, you still have no guarantees. That is hard!

So please don't be hard on yourselves for the worry, the frustration, for feeling discouraged. It is part of the process. Please be kind to that part of yourselves, too. It's worse, I believe, to suppress your feelings. They have got to go somewhere, and it's better to cry them out, to take some of their power out, than to leave them inside you.

And, importantly: there is still hope, and I think part of you knows that too. :hugs: to all parts of you, discouraged and hopeful included...

Disneyfan: thanks! You hang in there too. 6 more days to go--you can do it! :hugs:

Oh man, I know exactly how you ladies feel! Usually for the first part of my cycle, the stims, I'm positive because I feel like I'm in control and doing something proactive. After transfer I feel great for the first few days, because at that point it's too early for symptoms and bfp. It's the second week of the tww that I become a horrible sobbing negative depressed mess. I think the buildup of hormones by that point add to it, also then you start feeling like it's either worked or it hasn't, and you start thinking the worst. I wish I had some tips to deal with it, but I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Trying to distract yourself is pointless, as we all know that regardless how hard we try, it's the only thing on our minds 100% of the time. Just try to take care of yourself, and do things that you enjoy and make you feel good. Also, don't be afraid to just cry and talk it out. Hugs to you ladies!!!! Just think how worth it and happy you will be when you finally have your angel in your arms. We will have so many stories to eventually tell our little ones. They will never have to wonder if we really wanted or planned for them! They will be the most wanted and loved babies in the world 😊

Thanks for all the encouragement, all your words really help. I've been a bit better today, got into wrapping presents and did the Xmas day food shop, now chilling with a dandelion tea. This is the most healthy I've ever been in December so there is an upside. I do think progesterone is messing with me a bit and I also don't have the big glass of red wine I'd normally turn to when this stressed. I've decided to test on the 27th, which will be 8dp5dt. That is 4 days away, and one of those is Xmas, so it won't be long xx

Amanda: are you starting another round?

We've decided to use donor sperm, and since the government cut the funding for IVF, we decided to try IUI with the donor before going back to IVF, since IUI is still covered. Clinic is closed for Xmas though, so have to skip this cycle

Hello all, I'm 3dp5dt and trying not to symptom spot the bad stuff. I got a zit on my chin and my back hurts. That could easily be pms, but according to Dr. Google, the shots of progesterone in my arse every day could be the source of both, as well. I have no reason to believe it didn't work, but my brain won't stop with the negatives. I am trying to hard to keep a positive mental attitude, but right now I'm struggling. I am usually on the over 35 boards, and we have just been hit with loads of bad news lately.

So many of us just trying to survive until test day! At least we can all lose it together... :flower:

Did any of you start getting sick after the antibiotics? I was on Keflex as part of my protocol for almost a month. I finished the day after my transfer, and now I feel like every thing is catching up with me. My sinuses are clogging, my throat is itchy, and I've started coughing a bit. I'm sure the ******* weather here isn't helping, but I am so paranoid about what I can take. And obviously, it would hit when everyone is closed for Christmas.

We've decided to use donor sperm, and since the government cut the funding for IVF, we decided to try IUI with the donor before going back to IVF, since IUI is still covered. Clinic is closed for Xmas though, so have to skip this cycle

Sending you warm hugs and positive vibes that the next cycle will work out for you. :hugs:

Hello all, I'm 3dp5dt and trying not to symptom spot the bad stuff. I got a zit on my chin and my back hurts. That could easily be pms, but according to Dr. Google, the shots of progesterone in my arse every day could be the source of both, as well. I have no reason to believe it didn't work, but my brain won't stop with the negatives. I am trying to hard to keep a positive mental attitude, but right now I'm struggling. I am usually on the over 35 boards, and we have just been hit with loads of bad news lately.

I'm right there with you. I try to stay away from Google as much as possible because I've learned long ago that nothing good comes out of looking stuff up online. :wacko: Hang in there! :hugs:

So many of us just trying to survive until test day! At least we can all lose it together... :flower:

My doctor suggested I get my beta tomorrow since the original test day that she said I would be due for is Christmas. I'm scared of the results and whether or not it's too early to get clear unambiguous results. I got my BFP with my daughter at 6dp5dt last time around on home pregnancy tests but nothing so far with this one. :dohh: I'm starting to go a little crazy here. LOL

Did any of you start getting sick after the antibiotics? I was on Keflex as part of my protocol for almost a month. I finished the day after my transfer, and now I feel like every thing is catching up with me. My sinuses are clogging, my throat is itchy, and I've started coughing a bit. I'm sure the ******* weather here isn't helping, but I am so paranoid about what I can take. And obviously, it would hit when everyone is closed for Christmas.

I have that dry, irritated throat thing. It's not quite a full on sore throat, but it doesn't feel right, either. It started about 48 hours ago for me.

Well ladies, I'm finally starting to feel Christmassy and relaxing a bit. Of all the forums I've trawled it seems everyone is so different with symptoms, even one pregnancy to another. So I cannot possibly tell if my embie has stuck or not. I hope it has and I'm being really healthy but there is not much else I can do. So I'm going to enjoy smoked salmon, eggs and a very small glass of bubbly with my husband on Xmas morning and then we're cooking dinner for my family.

I have been a bit snappy with my husband so I'm just gonna be as nice as I can tmrw and make Xmas nice.

Amanda: good luck next year, hopefully it's your year :)
Disney: good luck tmrw if you test!
Pothole: I was like that on 3dp and 4dp, dealing with it better now
Klik: hope your embie is snuggling in

Happy Xmas to you all xx l

Hang in there ladies. I was the same way. I even told my RE nurse that I didn't feel anything and I wish I did. She said, oh you wait. It'll kick in. And sure enough it did. At 6 weeks I was really feeling it.

I wish you all the best. Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!!!! Good luck to all the upcoming testers!! I'll be back on here next week!!!

Pothole: People on this thread were just saying that a cold may well be a good sign, so... hopefully you will be lucky!

Disneyfan: Good luck on your beta today!! I have my fingers very firmly crossed for you. I'm very sorry your sticks have been saying no, but I really hope your blood test will say yes... I do hear your fear that it's too early, though... Good luck, and hang in there... :hugs:

Asterimou: it's very nice that you've found a calm spot. I hope you have an excellent, peaceful Christmas.

Me: feeling pretty anxious, really. Trying to channel that into getting things done, with limited success... I bought a second good-quality pregnancy test today. I've decided to wait until OTD (31st) and then do two tests. My clinic weirdly does not do a blood test unless a home pregnancy test has been positive, so when I finally test I need to be SURE! Also, I'm about to book a mini-break for me, DP, and the dog, for four days in the first week of the year. That way, we can either celebrate... or commiserate.

Klik, what a great idea! After our first cycle failed, my husband and I rented a cottage for the weekend that had a hot tub. We spent our whole weekend eating sushi, drinking wine and sitting outside in the hot tub, and it was perfect. Exactly what we needed to relax and recharge for cycle 2.
Asterimou: so important to find that calm peaceful spot and take care of yourself.
disneyfan: good luck today and keep us posted! How many days past are you?

Everyone else, hope you are doing well, and have a very merry Christmas Eve!

Thanks, everyone. My transfer was last Thrusday. I went for the blood draw this morning and am now just waiting for the call. :wacko:

I'm done working in 1.5 hours. I will be spending the rest of the day baking cookies, wrapping presents, and watching holiday movies with my family (or watching Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas -- DD's favorite -- for the millionth time!). :xmas9:

My suspicions were confirmed. My test came back negative. :cry: The plan for the rest of the day remains the same as we look forward to celebrating Christmas with family. I am to continue with my meds until my second beta on Saturday when we will double check the negative results (so 2 more nights of PIO! :dohh:).

I will find out on Saturday when I talk to my doctor how soon we can try for the next transfer. We have 2 more embryos (girls :kiss:) to try with and then I think we're out of the game.

Good luck to you wonderful ladies who are still in the TWW. Stay positive!!! :hugs:

Dear Disneyfan, I am so, so sorry to hear that... I know you had some suspicions already... But then, your little blastocyst seemed to be so resilient... Well, here's hoping for a different result on Saturday. I hope your Christmas is as good as it can be... :hugs:

My suspicions were confirmed. My test came back negative. :cry: The plan for the rest of the day remains the same as we look forward to celebrating Christmas with family. I am to continue with my meds until my second beta on Saturday when we will double check the negative results (so 2 more nights of PIO! :dohh:).

I will find out on Saturday when I talk to my doctor how soon we can try for the next transfer. We have 2 more embryos (girls :kiss:) to try with and then I think we're out of the game.

Good luck to you wonderful ladies who are still in the TWW. Stay positive!!! :hugs:

Sorry to hear that Disney :( I guess there is still a little hope as the beta was so early. I'm glad you have 2 more frosties. I'm sure one of those little girls will stick. I hope you are okay for Xmas, wishing you strength xx

Thanks, ladies. My beta came back at 2, so I've pretty much accepted that this cycle is over. I'm staying positive and am keeping my spirits up as best as I can. I hope you all have the best Christmas! :hugs:

Thank you, Disneyfan. I really am sorry...

Hope you're all having a good Christmas... I've struggled a little bit (I've been spending it with DP's family, away from my own for the first time) but I seem to have survived one more day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->