IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Thanks for the wishes, Disneyfan and Asterimou! I am doing well, thank you! Can't help but look for symptoms even though there's nothing to look for as yet (every little twitch and I think, "Is that implantation?") :fool:

Disneyfan, sounds like your little guy is nice and resilient! And that picture--so many cells! So glad your transfer went well... Best of luck!!

Asterimou, so happy your embryos seem to be doing well! Good luck for tomorrow... Incidentally (not that you asked me!), I did ask my doc about sex after retrieval, and he said "as long as you're not bleeding and you feel physically comfortable enough" it's perfectly fine...

I got approved for my first IVF cycle for January!! I can't wait to join this group!

Disney - Noah was a 6AA or as my office calls it an AAA. That's a super baby right there!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Hope - congrats!!!

AFM - had my OB appt yesterday. I will be having another c-section. I was a little bummed out about this, but given the risks I'll do whatever I need to do to be sure my little one is born safe.

With that being said, looks like the c-section date could be scheduled around about July 28th. HAHAH that's my birthday! I'm sort of stoked about that. We'll see if that date actually happens as the pregnancy progresses. I have my last RE appt on Monday! YAY! I am so hoping to get of PIO!

Thanks for the wishes, Disneyfan and Asterimou! I am doing well, thank you! Can't help but look for symptoms even though there's nothing to look for as yet (every little twitch and I think, "Is that implantation?") :fool:

Disneyfan, sounds like your little guy is nice and resilient! And that picture--so many cells! So glad your transfer went well... Best of luck!!

Asterimou, so happy your embryos seem to be doing well! Good luck for tomorrow... Incidentally (not that you asked me!), I did ask my doc about sex after retrieval, and he said "as long as you're not bleeding and you feel physically comfortable enough" it's perfectly fine...

That was totally me last time! :haha: Hang in there! :hugs:

I got approved for my first IVF cycle for January!! I can't wait to join this group!

Congrats on getting approved! Welcome!

Disney - Noah was a 6AA or as my office calls it an AAA. That's a super baby right there!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Hope - congrats!!!

AFM - had my OB appt yesterday. I will be having another c-section. I was a little bummed out about this, but given the risks I'll do whatever I need to do to be sure my little one is born safe.

With that being said, looks like the c-section date could be scheduled around about July 28th. HAHAH that's my birthday! I'm sort of stoked about that. We'll see if that date actually happens as the pregnancy progresses. I have my last RE appt on Monday! YAY! I am so hoping to get of PIO!

Thanks! I'm resting up today hoping that he implants and gets nice and cozy! :thumbup: Assuming all goes well, I will need another csection as well. I had a crazy episode of postpartum hemorrhaging 12 days after my daughter was born, and my doctor thinks a csection would help avoid 2 of the potential causes for the bleeding (BIG baby and LONG labor). I can't wait to stop PIO, and I've only been on it for a week so far. :haha:

OMG I've been on it for 5 weeks already. My butt is so done. LOL

Hi, Hope! Welcome! Are you waiting for the next cycle to start your scans?

TeeinAZ: Aw, bummer about the C-section, but you're absolutely right: it's the final result that matters! I hope you get a lovely birthday present! :cake::baby:

Disneyfan: good luck on the implantation! :dust: -- I'm sorry your last post-partum experience was so difficult...

Re. progesterone: I don't have to take the injections, as yet (blood test tomorrow to determine whether I need them). I'm on the inserts, though (for both places--how do you put this politely?!) and I am sick of those, already. Oh, the indignities we bear for these hoped-for children! :winkwink:

OMG ladies I am with you. This week 7 for me and I feel like my bottom is soo numb and sore. I want to scream!!! I can't wait for this part to be over.

I started on Crinone last time and switched to PIO after my positive beta came back and my progesterone levels showed that they were way low. So last time, I was spared about 2-3 extra weeks of the shots. Hang in there!

TeeinAZ: Aw, bummer about the C-section, but you're absolutely right: it's the final result that matters! I hope you get a lovely birthday present! :cake::baby:

Disneyfan: good luck on the implantation! :dust: -- I'm sorry your last post-partum experience was so difficult...

Re. progesterone: I don't have to take the injections, as yet (blood test tomorrow to determine whether I need them). I'm on the inserts, though (for both places--how do you put this politely?!) and I am sick of those, already. Oh, the indignities we bear for these hoped-for children! :winkwink:

Thanks! Good luck with the progesterone levels. I'm of the mind that there are pros and cons to both methods. But yes, we will all do whatever it takes to find success! :thumbup:

OMG ladies I am with you. This week 7 for me and I feel like my bottom is soo numb and sore. I want to scream!!! I can't wait for this part to be over.

Almost there! :hugs: How long does your doctor have you continuing your meds? My doctor does 10 weeks as her standard.

Bright - YES! My butt is numb! I thought that was only me! HAHAH I keep telling my husband that it itches but I can't itch it because it's numb!!!

Last Saturday, DH missed the upper outer quadrant with my shot (#2 of this cycle, so he was a bit out of practice). I was limping for days! :dohh:

I started on Crinone last time and switched to PIO after my positive beta came back and my progesterone levels showed that they were way low. So last time, I was spared about 2-3 extra weeks of the shots. Hang in there!

Thanks! Good luck with the progesterone levels. I'm of the mind that there are pros and cons to both methods. But yes, we will all do whatever it takes to find success! :thumbup:

Almost there! :hugs: How long does your doctor have you continuing your meds? My doctor does 10 weeks as her standard.

Strangely enough he hasn't said as of yet :shrug:. I hope soon.

Bright - YES! My butt is numb! I thought that was only me! HAHAH I keep telling my husband that it itches but I can't itch it because it's numb!!!

Right, I tell hubby the samething....LOL :haha:

OUCH! I am running out of space. So the shots are going into places where I have knots already. Son of a......... LOL

OUCH! I am running out of space. So the shots are going into places where I have knots already. Son of a......... LOL

:haha::rofl: Yes TeeinAZ!!! Hubby be like where do you want me to stick you and I just give him a look like really? At this point it doesn't matter it's all lumpy bumpy and tender back there so it really doesn't matter...LOL

Exactly! I don't even numb it anywhere. I just clean it and hand him the needle. LOL

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been absent in this thread but everything is crazy with the holidays :wacko: I'm very happy to share that I had my first ultrasound today, and we saw one healthy baby in my womb with a heart rate of 134. This is the longest I've ever been pregnant and DH and I began crying when we heard the heart beat. I still can't believe this actually worked and we may be getting our rainbow baby finally.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers through this process!

Kuawen, hi, and congratulations! I joined up after you were gone, but a heartbeat is such excellent news! :happydance:

Other ladies: Re. PIO: I am really hoping I don't need it... DP is terrified of needles and I'd almost certainly have to end up doing it all myself! :wacko:

I'm PASP (Pregnant and Staying Pregnant). There was one little embie that made it to day 5. It was transferred without incident (although like Klik my bladder was very full!) Needing to urinate took my mind off everything else. So now I have to wait 10 days to test. It feels amazing to of got this far. There is a little embie inside me....please stick❤️

Kuawen- congrats on how far you have come, great news

Klik - thanks for the advice ;) I hope we can try and keep each other sane over the next week or so. When are you testing?

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->