IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Disneyfan--Thank you so much for the dust! :hugs: Testing on the 31st. 36 hours to go! :wacko: At least I'll know whether or not I can drink on New Year's Eve. It's really absurd you were diagnosed with low ovarian reserve at such a young age! So glad you have your daughter! And I hope you do indeed get her a little sister from your frosties!

Wish, you are a baaaad influence! :winkwink: My progesterone-supported IUI (a BFN) was almost a year ago now, but from what I can remember it felt much like it does now. :shrug: I will know more on Thursday morning!

Disneyfan--just noticed you're feeling sad. Makes sense. I'm really sorry... :hugs:

@Disney... I read your post about being 28 and having low ovarian reserve which I'm sorry to hear about. I wanted to share a little about myself. I'm 33 years old. Unexplained infertility. Passed all the RE's tests with flying colors. I would have my doctor in a panic the beginning of every new cycle because my CD3 scan would show roughly 30 follicles between my two ovaries. I guess that's considered high ovarian reserve? Well every IUI cycle I was lucky to get 1 mature follicle with injectables. 1 out of 30! my point is, whether you have a high or low reserve you still just don't know how this process is gonna work out for you. I guess the old saying is true, "it's quality, not quantity that matters."

:hugs: disney - we're in this together! let's get them :cold: :cold: and be bump buddies!

klik - :blush: I'm sorry!!

hope - that's just crazy. Unexplained, for sure. How frustrating. So good of you to continue to keep your chin up and spread some positivity at that!

Hope, that must have been so frustrating! I'm really sorry... Hopefully they'll get it right with IVF. There are all sorts of tricks to make the ovaries respond now--I hope they find the best combination for you asap...

Wish: teehee!!

ridiculously interesting, disney! Your journey reminds me of a friend of mine from high school who just authored her first book - called True North - about frozen embryos and embryo donation, siblings from the same set of frozen embryos having to come together for genetic/familial things. I haven't bought it yet but it sounds so interesting.

Thanks! That book sounds super interesting! :thumbup:

Disneyfan--Thank you so much for the dust! :hugs: Testing on the 31st. 36 hours to go! :wacko: At least I'll know whether or not I can drink on New Year's Eve. It's really absurd you were diagnosed with low ovarian reserve at such a young age! So glad you have your daughter! And I hope you do indeed get her a little sister from your frosties!

You're almost there!! :thumbup: And thanks!!

Disneyfan--just noticed you're feeling sad. Makes sense. I'm really sorry... :hugs:

Thanks! You ladies are all the best and so supportive. :hugs:

@Disney... I read your post about being 28 and having low ovarian reserve which I'm sorry to hear about. I wanted to share a little about myself. I'm 33 years old. Unexplained infertility. Passed all the RE's tests with flying colors. I would have my doctor in a panic the beginning of every new cycle because my CD3 scan would show roughly 30 follicles between my two ovaries. I guess that's considered high ovarian reserve? Well every IUI cycle I was lucky to get 1 mature follicle with injectables. 1 out of 30! my point is, whether you have a high or low reserve you still just don't know how this process is gonna work out for you. I guess the old saying is true, "it's quality, not quantity that matters."

Thanks, Hope! :hugs: I really hope that you find success soon. Doctors are great about getting the most out of those follicles. :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: disney - we're in this together! let's get them :cold: :cold: and be bump buddies!

Yes!! We got this!! :friends: :thumbup:

Disneyfan, girl, I am so sorry!!!!

Thanks, Tee! :hugs: How are you feeling?

and it's a BFN... Feh. It's so strange, we do so much and then nothing. Well, at least I will have excellent company for my next attempt!

Klick I'm so sorry :( I've been reading this thread for a while and really hoped lots more of you ladies would have bfp's! Sending you all huge hugs.

Hoping I maybe able to join some of you ladies in Jan - well I was hoping you would all be pregnant actually but it will be nice to have some company.

Good luck to everyone!

CRAP klik - I'm sorry! :( have some champagne tonight - we'll all tackle the new year together.

why does it have to be so difficult! I'm sorry klik :(

and it's a BFN... Feh. It's so strange, we do so much and then nothing. Well, at least I will have excellent company for my next attempt!

I'm so sorry, klik! I was really pulling for you. We'll get it next time. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Klick I'm so sorry :( I've been reading this thread for a while and really hoped lots more of you ladies would have bfp's! Sending you all huge hugs.

Hoping I maybe able to join some of you ladies in Jan - well I was hoping you would all be pregnant actually but it will be nice to have some company.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome! All of the ladies here are really nice and supportive. Will you be doing IVF or FET next month? Good luck!

nimbec: thank you so much! Welcome! This is a truly excellent and supportive group of women... It is very, very sad that so many of us have gotten BFNs lately... but hopefully it is setting us up for a deluge of BFPs early next year... I really hope so. So you'll also be doing a natural cycle IVF (no stims?) Again, welcome! :flower:

wish, hope, disneyfan: you are wonderful and lovely and supportive, and I have really appreciated it all... Thank you! :hugs:

I should have my AF and baseline scan sometime next week, and hopefully be cleared for another cycle... unless there is a cyst, or FSH is too high, or some other impediment appears...

I wish all you lovely women a most wonderful 2016: in particular, one that brings each of you a wonderful, happy, healthy baby! :hugs::dust::hugs:

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies 💐 I will be doing a fresh short protocol (I have high AMH 62.5) cycle with stims I was forced into a year off stims - very long story and uncooperative body in the mean time but I'm back and determined this time. It will be my first IVF cycle even tho I have been on various medications for a long time. A brief history I have a 3.5cn cyst that refuses to change even under medication, pcos and take metformin to make me cycle but I'm not steriotypical of the condition my body just likes to be unpredictable lol! I don't generally ovulate without meds and then have serious spotting in LP from about 5dpo so all in all not a good start!! I've been reading for a long time and you ladies are so supportive and very informative :)
I agree ladies bfn's are horrendous but have a good few glasses of champagne tonight and try and let your hair down a bit...pretty impossible to do in sure but worth a try!

Happy new year to you all!

nimbec: so sorry you were forced off stims for a year! Gosh, bodies can be unpredictable indeed... Best of luck in this next attempt!

Amanda, thanks so much! :hugs:

I did in fact drink some champagne though I wasn't exactly in a celebratory mood. But it was nice to be in good company... A good start to the new year!

Here's to all of us having our little ones in our arms or bellies at least by this time next year.
Happy New Year!

Sorry Klik, hope you're okay. It is so gutting to see that 'not pregnant' line. AF started for me yesterday and I'll be looking to start again in February. I have a lot of travel with work this month so I'm going to enjoy that.

Hope I see some of you ladies when I start my second cycle. Let's hope we get more BFPs next time xx

Here's to all of us having our little ones in our arms or bellies at least by this time next year.
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, ladies! This is a great sentiment to start off the year! :thumbup:

AF finally started today. I guess that's one way to start the new year. LOL. My doctor will be sending me my medication calendar tomorrow, but we will be working towards a transfer on January 28. I'm trying my best to stay positive for this next cycle. We have 2 embryos remaining, and I don't see us doing any more fertility treatments if we don't find success from these frosties. I really hope this works on the next try because I think the pressure will be too high if we need another cycle (*knock on wood*). But enough of that. I'm going to be positive and send out a lot of :dust: to everyone for all of us to get our BFPs soon!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->